Sign in to follow this  
G

Reserves

3-0 McDonald 4 Dawkin 14, 17 Good to see McDonald on the scoresheet.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Dawkin seems persistant :)
[/quote]

Ye both tap ins but a goals a goal.

Cureton got a goal. I can see him being a good impact sub, well he has been the last few games. But Cody is probably better with his pace.

4-0 McDonald, Dawkin x2, Cureton. Last goal was 38 mins

Cureton sounded like he had a hell of a game! In the match report his name is mentioned nearly every other sentence! This is great for cureton, finally getting some goals and numerous chances can only lead to himself being more confident and more prolific.

Can''t read too much into this match, it was almost as much use as playing a pub team. I don''t remember them ever having a shot, they had one corner in the 90th minute and some of their defending (especially for McDonald''s hat-trick goal I think it was) was... erm... very bad. Both Cureton and McDonald had hatfuls of chances and could''ve had any number of goals.As harsh as it might be to pick on one player after a 7-0 win... I don''t see why we''re persisting with Lathrope. I haven''t seen him play as many times as some on here will have; but how long has he been stagnating in our reserves now? I first saw him come on as a sub in the Carey benefit match at King''s Lynn in 2006. In 3 years since he doesn''t seem to have come on at all. His passing was eratic tonight against an awful team; and he has nothing like the strength of someone like Adeyemi. I don''t think he ever got into a shooting position once.This was only the second time I''ve seen Josh Dawkin play but I was pleased with what I saw again. Not as much direct running at full-backs as there was in his sub appearance against Watford but he certainly looks one of the more promising youngsters to me. Good technique and gets into the box well. I''ll stess again though, it wasn''t hard to look good against a terrible side.At least we must be doing something better than before since - as the gents next to me kept pointing out - we managed to lose 1-0 to this lot at home last year. God only knows how."Cabbage Patch Kids" were out in force again. I think the lot at the front of the padded seat area were warned 3 times by stewards for various things - yet they seemed happy to let them drink what looked suspiciously like lager out of plastic cups. As long as it''s not in a can eh? [:|]

Easy Game Last Night, Our Defence Didn''t Have To Do Much, But They All Looked Solid When Called Upon. Cureton Wasn''t Great Despite Getting 2 Goals. The Youngster''s Certainly Have Pace Though, Especially Gordon And Osemwegie. Would Have Liked To Have Seen Theo Under Pressure But He Had Nothing To Do For His Half Of The Game. And For The 45 Minutes Gill Played, He Looked Better Than Before, More Alive And On The Ball. :)

[quote user="PBTC"]I don''t remember them ever having a shot[/quote]Sorry, it was late - in the second half they had a floated shot which hit the bar after a misjudgement from Steer. Steer then made a very good reaction save from the rebound. That was the only time they threatened.

Couldn''t find a match report on this site or have I missed it?