Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Southend away Dec 1st...

Me and my mate are planning on going to Roots Hall for this match. It would be much appreciated if someone could supply (or attempt to) the following info:is it possible to get from cambridge to southend via train? what is the name of southend station closest to the ground?when do tickets go on sale?thanks [:)]

You''ll be able to get to Southend from Cambridge by going to Liverpool Street and then getting the train directly to Southend.  I imagine tickets will gone on sale around this time next month.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Me and my mate are planning on going to Roots Hall for this match.

It would be much appreciated if someone could supply (or attempt to) the following info:

is it possible to get from cambridge to southend via train?
what is the name of southend station closest to the ground?
when do tickets go on sale?

thanks [:)]
[/quote]

Google: National Rail enquiries is the answer to your first question.

Southend (Victoria) is the closest to the ground ex Liverpool Street.  Turn right out of the station and walk down Victoria Avenue for about seven or eight minutes and you are in Prittlewell.  After a string of used car dealers on your left you will see the floodlights  indicating that you are close to the Shrimpers Hovel as we Colcestrians are won''t to call it.[;)]

Can''t answer No 3 I''m afraid.

PS: You can get off at Prittlewell but it''s just that I wanted you to to see the sights! [:P]  Local joke you understand.

Don''t go down the seafront with colours on afterwards- if the cops miss you, others may not.

Depending on what happens of course but: "Have you paid your tax bill yet?" seems to get them going.[:|]

The closest station is Prittlewell, no more that a 10 minute walk away. The last train from Prittlewell with a connection at Liverpool St. for Cambridge leaves at 22:08, so should have plenty of time after the match. That gets you back into Cambridge for 00:59.

For those heading back to Norwich, previously NXEA have stopped the 22:30 from London additionally at Shenfield to pick up Norwich fans heading home. This again connects off the 22:08 from Prittlewell.

best place to find out out info of away grounds is www.footballgroundguide.com has info about public transport around the ground and whats its like fairly in depth with usually a few away fan reviews. Tickets usually come out from at least 2 weeks in advance.

There was a priority ballot system for Gillingham, but initial demand was less than the number of tickets available so they ended up on general sale. Tickets eventually sold out about an hour prior to the match I believe.

The away end at Southend can hold 2,000. Being a midweek match and with Gillingham not selling out, I''d be surprised if the club decided on the priority system for this match.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]There was a priority ballot system for Gillingham, but initial demand was less than the number of tickets available so they ended up on general sale. Tickets eventually sold out about an hour prior to the match I believe.

The away end at Southend can hold 2,000. Being a midweek match and with Gillingham not selling out, I''d be surprised if the club decided on the priority system for this match.

[/quote]

Depends on how the club perform in the next month Matt. If, a big IF, we go on a 5 or 6 match unbeaten run I can easily see us taking close to 2000 down there. Wouldn''t surprise me in that case to see a ballot.

The club doesn''t want any more egg on it''s face after the Charlton scenario last season.

Excuse me here on this but can''t you get a train or bus to Ipswich and then another to SARFEND but if I was you I would ring national coach express or,If you have a car you could arrange to meet the canary bus at Barton mills services, would be a lot easier don''t you think

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Gillingham was a Saturday - there wasnt a ballot for Brentford[/quote]

That''s right.

Yep, but when we played Brentford things weren''t looking good for the club. Saarfend is much closer to Norwich and we''re doing much better than we were. Don''t see what the club has to lose by inviting applications.

[quote user="pete_norw"]Excuse me here on this but can''t you get a train or bus to Ipswich and then another to SARFEND but if I was you I would ring national coach express or,If you have a car you could arrange to meet the canary bus at Barton mills services, would be a lot easier don''t you think[/quote]The coaches from Norwich will go via the A140 and Ipswich, not via the A11 and Barton Mills. Getting to the game via Ipswich by train would be one option, but there''s no chance of getting back that way after the match. The last train from Ipswich to Cambridge is at 21:16! By far the quickest route to Southend from Cambridge is to drive, not far at all via the M11, A120 and A130.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

PS: You can get off at Prittlewell but it''s just that I wanted you to to see the sights! [:P]  Local joke you understand.

Don''t go down the seafront with colours on afterwards- if the cops miss you, others may not.

Depending on what happens of course but: "Have you paid your tax bill yet?" seems to get them going.[:|]

[/quote]

Hmm because Southend fans are really scary! I think i will take my chances!

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="pete_norw"]Excuse me here on this but can''t you get a train or bus to Ipswich and then another to SARFEND but if I was you I would ring national coach express or,If you have a car you could arrange to meet the canary bus at Barton mills services, would be a lot easier don''t you think[/quote]The coaches from Norwich will go via the A140 and Ipswich, not via the A11 and Barton Mills. Getting to the game via Ipswich by train would be one option, but there''s no chance of getting back that way after the match. The last train from Ipswich to Cambridge is at 21:16! By far the quickest route to Southend from Cambridge is to drive, not far at all via the M11, A120 and A130.[/quote]

Yes I know I realised this after I said it please excuse me my road map is blotted