Sign in to follow this  
Bird Table

Eddy sent off

I''m watching the match at work and I can tell you that Eddy''s sending off was a joke. He made an honest atempt to get the ball on an incredibly wet pitch, miss-timed it and the ref send himstraight off.... FRANCIS HAS JUST SCORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote]Is this match on the telly?[/quote]

It''s not on telly, but I work somewhere with access to it. I''ve said too much already...

I just looked on BBC text thing and all it says is ''professional foul'' but the resultant free kick was from the pompey half.  Just what is the ref up to if he can''t give a player a break on a wet pitch in the first few minutes of a crucial game - clearly seems bent on ruining the game as a spectacle!!

I just hope we can now sit tight and keep the all important clean sheet.

Looking at the red card again, I think Eddy did take the player first but the wet pitch made it look far more reckless than it was. And how often do players get sent off in the 5th minute for a professional foul? Hardly ever! Plus I think Charlton was covering anyway. Can''t see us hanging on to this lead, it''s a very open game. I just hope we keep trying to get forward as Pompey have looked shoddy at the back.

i watched this game on match of the day..... I watched this closely, and Eddy DOES defently get the ball first!!!

Should only have been a yellow then... as it was a foul but he did get the ball...... WE SHOULD APPEAL!

Francis goal was brilliant!