Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Anyone think we can win on Mon?

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[quote user="Ciderkidd"]I think, I should be doing my Biology A-Level revision instead of being on here [st][/quote]

Your doing neither. Do your revision or post worthwhile posts lol

[/quote]But I thought this message board was filled with worthless posts?Just thought i''d join in on the fun [A][;)]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Still "dirty" Leeds? Thats never gone away, has it? Their disciplinary record for the season thus far suggests they are not dirty, indeed, the biggest weapon and hinderence for them are their fans. Keep Leeds quiet for 20-25 minutes, they will start to get uneasy, if Leeds score within that time, we''ll be up against it. Keep it 0-0 and, the longer it goes, the better for us. Beckford will be playing, but Becchio will be out. Kandol has been recalled and will play with Beckford. Both are quick and score lots of goals, Doc & Askou will be up against it from the start. They are weak at full back, so we need Martin and Hoolahan to run and them, their centre backs are as tough as they come, so Holt will not have it easy unless space is found for him via either side of that 4-3-3, keep it low for him, as chances in the air will be mopped up by Kisnorbo and Bromby/Naylor (latter ex-Scum!). They play fast, pressing football and we''ll need to be ready to soak it up and give it back. Howson is the key, keep him quiet and we''ll boss the midfield. I think we can win, it''ll be close, but, providing we keep them at bay for as long as poss, yes, we''re in there. If they score, first 10-15 mins, with us then committing, hm, might be a long evening.[/quote]

Excellent synopsis. I think Leeds will struggle to break us down. If we can boss the midfield like you say, we will create chances. We could really do with Hughes playing.

Just seen that Leeds have got Sam Vokes from Wolves on loan, surely he''ll start on Monday with Beckford up front...

God I hope we win!!

I think we can, not sure we will

1-1 would be my bet. We''ll score early on and then defend heroically only to be denied by a late (and controversial) penalty

I think we can win, I''d play Hughes rather than Lappin though, I think Hughes, Corey and Rusty would boss the midfield, I would also play Semmy rather than Francombe if Semmy is fit.

[quote user="Lambo"]I think we can win, I''d play Hughes rather than Lappin though, I think Hughes, Corey and Rusty would boss the midfield, I would also play Semmy rather than Francombe if Semmy is fit.[/quote]

Totally agree Lambo.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Lambo"]I think we can win, I''d play Hughes rather than Lappin though, I think Hughes, Corey and Rusty would boss the midfield, I would also play Semmy rather than Francombe if Semmy is fit.[/quote]

Totally agree Lambo.[Y]

[/quote]

Me too.

I cant say Im not suprised by the optimism being shown here. I have a really good feeling about where we are at the moment. The players have shown us just how good they can play in recent weeks: They deserve this belief.

So a message to the players, this is the big one, the fans are showing support not seen on here for a long long time. Perform as you have at Carrow Road. Take the game to them. They can be beaten.....

Why not , we are a match for any team on current form and Lambert has promised to take the game to Leeds they won''t be used to that at Elland rd [ CITY 2-1 ] .

It''s on TV, so I can''t see anything other than a horrible, horrible loss. If it was a Saturday afternoon away match I''d fancy our chances of getting a score draw, or even nicking a win.But it can''t be denied, it''s a recurring theme in Norwich''s recent history that we get a new one torn when appearing on Sky in front of the nation.

[quote user="barclay_troy"]if sky were not there then i would say no-probs but the cameras seem to jink us. 1-1[/quote]

can we put this stupid ''sky'' theory to bed? I don''t think we lost once last season when we were on SKY (granted we only played 2 matches live on the telly but still)

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[quote user="barclay_troy"]if sky were not there then i would say no-probs but the cameras seem to jink us. 1-1[/quote]

can we put this stupid ''sky'' theory to bed? I don''t think we lost once last season when we were on SKY (granted we only played 2 matches live on the telly but still)

[/quote]

I was thinking exactly the same thing. The win against Ipswich last season looked mighty fine on Sky, Croft''s screamer, Roeder''s ''camp'' celebration, they did the cameras proud!

We had some good Sky appearances in the Prem too - Man U anyone? (just don''t mention ''Survival Sunday''!!!)