Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

McKenzie

Im just interested to see what you think of Leon McKenzie. Iv always been a fan of him because he runs his heart out and throws himself at everything. However he seems to have missed quite a few chances this season so im interested to see what everyone thinks?

i think he will come good

He shows great passion, great pace and at times great skill and personally I don''t want him out of the team, however I think he needs some serious practise on his finishing!!

I''d like to think he will come good soon, I just think he need to concentrate on putting the ball away, rather than how he will celebrate the goal!!

Not been quite up to it so far but you can never question his effort and commitment. TO be honest I think he''s one of those strikes who picks up on the scraps, to expect him to be banging them in is silly

I think that he is good, and a valuable asset to the club, but for all his work and dedication, he lacks a good first touch and a killer finish. Over the last 3 games, he has had lots of opportunities to put some away and either belted it in a general direction or passed it into the keeper - a classic example would be the chance very early in the second half when the defence gave it away and he was pretty much 1 on 1 (as it sounded on Radio Norfolk) yet he failed to convert a good opportunity.

I say give him a bit of a rest and use him as a super sub for the last 20/25 mins of a match.

I agree with your summary but I don''t have so much confidence that he will come good.

I really do hope so, but I don''t know where it''s oing to come from. Hard worker, but not premiership class - sadly that''s the bit you can''t find over night.

McKenzie is a Worthington type player full of running for 90 mins, he has proved this before being substituted today, I admire him for his efforts. Unfortunately in this league you need many other qualities to go with fitness, many of the forwards we have come up against this season are just as fit & willing to run, (not 12mill'' rated Yakubo) they use their energy more wisely & all have far more quality when a chance presents itself, im sure Mckenzie realises that fact & with fitness his main attribute he is prepared to run until he drops for the team, he''s such a genuine lad.   Its the finesse, touch, & finishing, departments of his game that he struggles with and in this area Sven is far superior to McKenzie, bit like the tortoise & the hare!! All of this said, Im afraid that Sven is not the answer to our problems, At the present moment I would be very surprised if McKenzie could make double figures in the fizzy over a full season.  in concluding I think that if Leon is prepared continue to show the same work ethic & carry on learning his craft he may end up in the mould of Ian Wright & we''d all settle for that im sure, Good luck to him, JUST MAKE IT SOONER RATHER THAN LATER  

Another typical gutsy performance from him today playing alone up front, never giving the Portsmouth back four a minute''s peace.  Give him a decent strike partner and he will start putting the chances away.

i think leon is already showing norwich city what why we brought him to the club,he works his guts out in every game and alright he may not always get the results that his work rate deserves but as soon as he puts a few away we will all be saying that he is the man.i myself am a huge fan of leons and will always give him praise as i think he is one of the hardest workers at the club doing his best to help us survive .

Nope, not good enough. His finishing lets him down badly and he can''t do it at this level. He keeps saying the goals will come, the goals will come. Well we''re half way through the season and he has.....1.

Sorry, but it speaks for itself. New striker please

Yes McKenzie does run around and listening to Radio Norfolk again today, a couple of times McKenzie only had the keeper to beat, and he missed. 

I think he will come good, but not this season.  I think he needs a striking partner.  He is up for scoring goals but just needs a helping hand.  He is too isolated when Worthy plays one up front and I don''t think he has the skill at the moment. 

But to give credit where credit is due, he gives 100% and chases everything.  But goals win matches and that is what we need. 

Let''s remember only 12 months ago Leon was playing div 2 football for a poor Peterboro'' team. He made an instant impact on the 1st Div after his moove now he is being asked to play on his own in the top league.

I tink he is spending to much time outside the box playing for the team and not enough time poaching. This seems to be the same with Hucks and Svennson too.

Let''s see Leon and Ashton (please) then judge the boy.

I honestly do think he could be as good as someone like Jermaine Defoe.  They are both quite similar players.  Small, pacey, they get stuck in and work for 90 minutes.  The only thing that seperates them is that Defoe can score consistantly.  If Leon could find that goal scoring touch he could be an incredible striker

A professional footballer shouldn`t be LEARNING  his job  whilst he`s being paid  the rate  for the job as a striker !  ......... a striker who misses the goal as often as McKenzie   is NOT a striker ! ....... its as simple as that      to sit back and wait for this guy to " come good "    is suicidal  when we are  hopping around the relegation zone

McKenzie, as usual, gave everything against Pompey. He was getting into good positions but once again, he no support to help him out. It''s an awful burden on the lad to expect him to provide the team''s entire attacking outlet.

I think the open goal header he missed against Spurs sums up McKenzie. He works as hard as nails to get into goal scoring positions and create chances, never stops running but lacks the finish. It''s difficult to know what to do with him because he''s probably one of the most commited players we have, he''s shown he can skin Premiership defenders and be a constant threat but he just can''t finish..

needs to worm more like a team player, needs to get the ball in the net..... needs to keep his hands down when he headers.....

Well, id stick with him, but we could do with a target man and play him in one of the midfield wide players positions (where jonson and huckerby are currently playing

We all love McKenzie, lets face it, just look at his debut. I agree with a mixture of the last postings, he puts in a lot of effort and runs for 90 minutes.

But come on. I don''t think he''s a Premier player. How many times is he caught offside. How many times does he have to miss golden goal opportunites before he falls out of favour? Legend he may be. Premier goal scorer he aint.

He''ll always have a special place in Norwich supporters hearts, but I''m sorry he can;t cut the mustard.

Please Worthy bring in Harewood or Ashton. We, No.13 the fans, deserve someone who can finish.