Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Any room for Matty Gill or OTJ?

Will these boys be in and around the 1st team squad when they have both returned from injury?

In terms of first-team selection (who would get in first) this would be my list currently for central midfield:

1) Smith
2) Russell
3) Hughes
4) OTJ
5) Gill

I guess I''ve answered my own question really, but its good to see we have two other players when fit challenging for this position, more competition and I believe this is the same for the team over.

No, Gill is a lower division player, and if we have any designs of getting out of this league ,we by definition, require players of a better standard than that.

Tudor-Jones however looks as though he may offer something useful, but is at the back of a long queue.

Cant see Gill getting anywhere near the first team, OTJ has the physical attributes to bring a lot to the table, but as a Swansea fan said he''s not been the same player since his injury.

keep them as squad players incase everyone else is injured.. And i dont think OTJ was to bad was he. swap gill for seabourn though.

What a great position to be in! This gives us plenty of options, not only for team selection but also for formations.I think OTJ did well when he played. He gives us a presence, he breaks up play and can pop up with a goal or two....but his big question marks are his fitness......

The difference in performance since we have changed the midfield has been unbelievable. Unless we get masses of injuries (heaven forbid) I can''t see them getting anywhere near the first team and besides if we do get promoted this year they will be far out of their depth in the championship. Best stick with what we got if you ask me