Sign in to follow this  
Legend Iwan

Blog - A Different Shade of Yellow

Bump.Enjoyable read mate.[Y] What would we have to talk about if all refereeing mistakes were wiped out[:)]

Also,as shown in your picture,what did happen to those seats??

I don''t think that the standard of refereeing is very different through the leagues. Good and bad decisions are talking points as they always have been. It''s just that with TV pictures we can now scrutinise every incident.

But I will say again that we were on the wrong end of too many decisions last season. That is not the reason why we were relegated but it certainly didn''t help. The Championship is the wrong place to get bad refereeing decisions. There isn''t so much between the sides so they can make a huge difference to the way a season turns out.

In this league I have already noticed a much bigger gap between the standard of teams. One poor decision is much less likely to decide a game.

One thing i don''t get is why the 4th official isn''t used more efficiently.All he seems to do is hold the board up,and give the managers a telling off! I am sure he does more than that,but....

And not wishing to stick up  for the guy,but did Roeder get a lot of bad decisions against him?? Maybe the refs hated him as much as us[:D]

[quote user="Herman "]

And not wishing to stick up  for the guy,but did Roeder get a lot of bad decisions against him?? Maybe the refs hated him as much as us[:D]

[/quote]

I know you''re smiling Herman but that did seriously cross my mind last season. But it if anything got worse after Roeder left. The game that really does it for me was Bristol City when they were given a penalty and Doc was sent off. Then later in the game we had a perfectly good shout, when Drury was barged over in the box, waved away.

The Bristol game is the one that popped up straight away for me as well!!

The one that got me worried is the recent Gills game.I thought it was going to be another long season of refs hating us,but so far it hasn''t turned out that way.(Fingers crossed,touch wood etc.etc.)

Cheers for the comments - all criticism welcome.

I reckon there might be something in the arguments that say top teams are awarded more than their opponents, as well as, you make your own luck.