Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Whalley

MCVEIGH?

Even with all our injuries no place on the bench today for Paul Mcveigh.

Was he injured ,dropped or could it be we are selling him as a makewight in a deal to bring  somebody in?

if he could be part of a transfer deal for a better player like Sutton or Ashton then i wouldnt be to upset to see him go. I have always liked him but i dont think he can make an impact to our survival in the prem

I''ve been wondering about McVeigh for some time - he put his international career on hold to fight for a place in our side, but has barely had a look and when he came on v Spurs looked pretty ordinary; also, he wasn''t a sub today yet the bench included Crow and Jarvis - players he would surely expect to be ahead of in the pecking order. 

You do have to wonder if he may be a carrot used as part of a deal, maybe for Ashton, maybe for someone else (Sutton).....or maybe he was simply injured/ill and we are reading far too much into this - time will tell!!!!

[quote]Even with all our injuries no place on the bench today for Paul Mcveigh. Was he injured ,dropped or could it be we are selling him as a makewight in a deal to bring somebody in?[/quote]

Strange one this Andrew, Son of Wiz (home from the midlands this week) pointed this out before the Pompey game, and mentioned a strong rumor up there, about the Ashton connection.

Time will tell I quess.

Much as i think he has a lot of talent, i get the feeling he is just to small for the Prem. Maybe the Sutton rumours are true after all.

I wouldn''t be at all surprised to see him leave. Despite the injuries, Mcveigh has hardly had a look in. The only strange thing is that he signed a new contract not too long ago. Can''t see him going to crew to be honest. Celtic is the most likely destination

yes!

remember the summer, and all the transfer rumours about Mcveigh.... Well it all fits into place for me......

I just can''t see Crewe selling ashton at this stage they are the highest placed for 17 years or something like that they are just below the play offs also if hartson leaves for blackburn or southampton celtic are not going to let sutton go are they ?

[quote]I would sacrifice McVeigh for Ashton, but I can''t see him being too happy about going to Crewe![/quote]

Maybe he would be happier going to West Ham in exchange deal for Harewood.

[quote]Maybe he would be happier going to West Ham in exchange deal for Harewood.[/quote]

That sounds more likely, there are more night-clubs in London.

[quote]I just can''t see Crewe selling ashton at this stage they are the highest placed for 17 years or something like that they are just below the play offs also if hartson leaves for blackburn or southa...[/quote]

gradi has already said he will let him go if the price is right. if we do include some of our players, he might be tempted. also the bigger clubs cant really exchange coz all their players wud never take the drop down. with the temptation of first team football, i think we have got a good chance.

but 1 thing is certain, if we get him, we will definately have to sacrisfice some player/s.