Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

I''ve been looking around for the last thirty minutes trying to find something a bit different for NBS but I''ve drawn a blank. So I''m going to be really dull and go for Arsenal to beat Birmingham. Good luck everyone [:D]

In my quest to provide something different I have ended up in Sweden this week. There are only four sets of fixtures to go in their season and AIK Solna are running neck and neck with Gothenburg for the league title. This week AIK are at home to Gefle who have only scored once since August whilst Gothenburg have a difficult looking away game at Malmo. So I am banking on AIK pulling out all the stops to get the full three points at home which may enable them to increase their slender lead at the top of the table.

AIK Solna    V      Gefle     Home Win

I have your future selections logged Brendan[Y]

And I''m well looking forward to Monday Leeds[Y][Y]

Too many tempting and really obvious choices this week, but I`ll go for something a little different to give you another option

Wolfsburg vs. Borussia Monchengladbach = HOME WIN

Monchengladbach have yet to win away this year and Wolfsburg are the current German champions

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I''ve just had another look and realised that no-one has gone for Man U. 

I know Bolton are on fairly decent form, and have a couple of away wins, but would have thought a Man U victory would be fairly certain.  They''ve seen off Arsenal and Man City at home this season, while I know they were a bit ropey against Sunderland, I would have thought that Fergie would not accept the same against Bolton, there may be a bit of a backlash.

Have I missed something? 

[:)]

[/quote]

Hi NBS,

I''ve just been reading the various posts and I couldn''t see this one either! It''s a week where nothing really jumps out at me so I''m going to play safe and say Manchester United vs Bolton - HOME WIN.

Good luck to all PUPs and NBS! [Y]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Just want to ask, why know one picks Almeria[/quote]Maybe it''s something to do with the fact that they aren''t very good! [:O][/quote]They are... have you ever watched them? they might not play the best football in the world, but they get a fair few decent results....

so..... thats still pretty good, they have played Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico i think, so not exactually easy games......

Ahhhh but you see Ginger Pele you PUPs are smart cookies and we keep getting 5/6 amd 6/6. So when Almeria are playing games they''re more likely to win you smart PUPs are more likely to pick them. They were in one of our winning lines last season as I remember and what''s more I believe they were the final piece of the jigsaw. So if only for that reason alone Almeria hold a special place in our free bet hearts[W][U][;)]

I will be posting my final selections soon.  I still only have 4 definites.  You''d think out of all the different leagues across Europe picking 6 winners would be quite easy.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I will be posting my final selections soon.  I still only have 4 definites.  You''d think out of all the different leagues across Europe picking 6 winners would be quite easy.[/quote]

im guessing its not then [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I will be posting my final selections soon.  I still only have 4 definites.  You''d think out of all the different leagues across Europe picking 6 winners would be quite easy.[/quote]

im guessing its not then [;)]

[/quote]

It''s not proving to be Nana.  I''ve got 5 now that I am confident with, the final one isn''t leaping off the page at me.  I am having another look through the fixtures now....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ahhhh but you see Ginger Pele you PUPs are smart cookies and we keep getting 5/6 amd 6/6. So when Almeria are playing games they''re more likely to win you smart PUPs are more likely to pick them. They were in one of our winning lines last season as I remember and what''s more I believe they were the final piece of the jigsaw. So if only for that reason alone Almeria hold a special place in our free bet hearts[W][U][;)]

[/quote]

Were they not in the winning line as a beaten team though, Nutty? [;)]

Here it goes -

Firstly apologies if I have not picked your nap.  I have gone with the 6 which I believe will provide us with the best chance of winning.  They are all home teams, and I''m sure you could class all 6 as HOME BANKERS.  Now I know the odds will be rubbish and therefore the payout will be pretty low, but I made the decision that it was better to try and win something, however small, and I therefore tasked myself with selecting what I believe to be the 6 that are most likely.

Arsenal, Ajax, Real, and Dynamo were the first 4, all should be home bankers.  I was initially less confident with Llanelli and Rubin, but having looked at the recent form of their opponents and especially their away form, I felt that these were fairly certain home wins.  Llanelli''s opponents NCD have lost their last 6 away games.  Rubin''s opponents Khimki have lost their last 6 games home and away and their last 6 away games.

Thank you all for all your suggestions and support, it has been a MASSIVE help.[:)]

1 - Arsenal vs Birmingham - HOME - (Mister Chops, norfolkchance1, Graham Humphrey, Sports Desk - Pete, Shack Attack, Hughesy, obiwancanary)

2 - Ajax vs Willem II - HOME - (TILL 1010, newyorkcanary, Muddy funster, Scooby, Pboro_Canary, Big Bob)

3 - Real Madrid vs Valladolid - HOME - (ncfcstar, Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox, NCFC_Shaun, Beauseant, cityangel)

4 - Dynamo Kiev vs Obolon Kiev - HOME - (norfolkbroadslim, Trent Canary)

5 - Llanelli vs Newi Cefn Druids - HOME - (YankeeCanary, leedscanary)

6 - Rubin Kazan vs FK Khimki - HOME - (Mr Bump)

Best of luck fellow Pups[:)][Y]

Great picks there Richard. They all look nailed on to me. I''ll be ringing Billy in the morning with these and I''ll poost the odds on here before lunch.[:)]

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now that''s just not fair Leeds[:O][:)]

They were actually the sixth team in Fellas winning line on the last day of last season. They won 3-1 at the generous odds of evens which helped us to a £90 winning week.

So we all love Almeria[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They were actually the sixth team in Fellas winning line on the last day of last season. They won 3-1 at the generous odds of evens which helped us to a £90 winning week.

[/quote]

I''m devastated. Almera and I were an item in the summer of 1959. I''ve carried a torch in my heart ever since only to find out, at this late stage (  very late ), that she''s been a floosie with the multitudes. Not only that, she''s also had a profound effect on GingerPele. Not only was she free, she must have been a sure bet.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m devastated. Almera and I were an item in the summer of 1959. I''ve carried a torch in my heart ever since only to find out, at this late stage (  very late ), that she''s been a floosie with the multitudes. Not only that, she''s also had a profound effect on GingerPele. Not only was she free, she must have been a sure bet.

[/quote]

[8]Standin'' on a mama''s porch
She told you it would last forever
Oh the way she held your hand
You knew that it was now or never
Those were the best days of your life

Back in summer of ''59 .....

All this love for Almeria.....Surely it couldn''t be... after all these years........