Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

And I'd like John Terry at the back but IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

What the hell is going on at Carrow Road?  Has pantomime season run over??  Two days ago Worthy was saying how he probably wouldn''t sign anyone and today he says he''d love Dean Ashton!  What is the bloody point in telling us that!?  We''d all like Dean Ashton but it isn''t going to happen.  Give me strength

yeah. Im a bit confused. Ashton must at least be 3m and Worthy has been saying that hes not got enought to buy anyone good quality. Maybe theres something we dont know (which is a good thing)

C''mon DD, it''s the oldest trick in the book, Dean Ashton is ripe for a move from Crewe and, although we aren''t a big club, we''re big enough to unsettle a player from Crewe. It''s how all the big clubs behave, sometimes they use the press to ''invent'' a story about a player in an attempt to test the water. Sometimes they use agents. The Chris Sutton ''auction'' was initiated by the press, even the Mike Walker ''defection'' was encouraged by ''paper talk''. If you have any doubts about Worthy''s abilities, turn the clock back twelve months. We''d just signed Hucks, when everybody, Man City, Keegan himself, the papers, West Brom and Wigan even his own agent, who was apparently acting in his best interests told anybody who would listen that he wouldn''t/couldn''t sign for a team like Norwich (whatever that means). Now I know that it may not be the way we''re used to doing business but we''re trying to survive in this league, and needs must!

I dont know, but i know our club is great at maths, did well in school but still manages to add 2 and 2 and get 5

remember about a week ago: "ive got about six players on my list - worthy"

Sky Sports News have just mentioned our interest in Ashton but today''s papers say that Everton, Villa and Birmingham are interested too and I can''t see us winning a bidding war with any of them. Plus, it''s unlikely that any of them will be relegated.

really its 2 others because whoever gets beattie wont get ashton. everton only play 1 upfront so he wont play every match while bent is scoring. and morrison and heskey are doing really well. so if he wants to play first team football, which i think gradi wud encourage, we''re infront of the queue.

[quote]Sky Sports News have just mentioned our interest in Ashton but today''s papers say that Everton, Villa and Birmingham are interested too and I can''t see us winning a bidding war with any of them. Plus,...[/quote]

beattie is going to go to either everton or villa Everton i reckon if beattie is not too greedy with the wages

blake is expected to sign for the brum

So I reckon we could have a chance if we can come up with the funds and villa stay out of the auction

David O''Leary''s said that if he doesn''t get Beattie he''s got no back up plans for anyone else, so they may not get involved (according to The Guardian)

Just heard on Sky that Beattie''s agreed to join Everton and it looks like Brum are going to sign Robbie Blake, so it could be a race between us and the Villa for Mr Ashton.