Sign in to follow this  
Canary_on_the Trent

Re: Has anyone ever had a problem with this.......

Amen Canary on the trent.

I mean how did you approach the situation OP?

If you approached him with the same way you approached us with the ''I''m not racist at all line'' then I''m not surprised he got angry.

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="jordimurrell"]

The man who i cannot recall his name but his apperance is fairly fresh in the mind.

The man at the norwich city ticket office who is black is very very rude. not being racised atall but he is just unbeleiverbly rude.

On wednesday the 14th of october 2009 i bought a ticket to go to stockport which takes place on the 31st. and he asked for my season ticket, which i get out for my details to be added onto the ticket. The man then said im going to have to charge you 50 pounds as you are an under 21 season ticket. i respond with saying you cannot get a under 16 season ticket for the barclay.

He then accuses me of using my fake ID (which isnt fake, but a problem which the club have proccesed) to get into night clubs to buy alcholic drinks, or going to bars, and then says he thinks im the sort of person to buy fags and drink at the shops, he then yanks the season ticket out my hand and says that he will give me a new one and i demand it back, which he does so.

He then starts of accusing me of being a YOBO (:L) and i go well i clearly dont do none of what you have just said and he then says "B*LLOCKS Mate B*LLOCKS"

anybody else had an issue with this idiot?

[/quote]Have you ever complained about somebody and dropped in that they was a

whitey?  I mean... ''I went into Martham Co-op and the bloke in there

was white and a complete nob''. People can be complete dicks whatever their skin colour.[/quote]he was describing his appearance not being racist

he was describing his appearance not being racist

so would he have described him as white if that was the case ?

what''s wrong with calling it a problem ?

to be fair he described him to ask if anyone had a similar problem with the guy. If he just went that black guy kicked up a fuss when i wanted to buy a ticket that could be contrived as racist.

Racist? Get a grip people for goodness sake people. Stop trying to make an issue out of nothing. I''m sick to death of this political correctness rubbish. He was asking a question and one way of recognising someone is, unsurprisingly, by the colour of their skin.

[quote user="City1st"]he was describing his appearance not being racist

so would he have described him as white if that was the case ?

what''s wrong with calling it a problem ?[/quote]does at he at any point suggest his race has anything to do with his behavior?? no infact he goes out of his way to make clear this is not what he''s doing. he''s describing the guy''s apearrance to see if anyone has had problems with him, and there would have been no point him being overly politically correct by failing to mention he was black in his description

[quote][quote][quote]

The man who i cannot recall his name but his apperance is fairly fresh in the mind.

The man at the norwich city ticket office who is black is very very rude. not being racised atall but he is just unbeleiverbly rude.

On wednesday the 14th of october 2009 i bought a ticket to go to stockport which takes place on the 31st. and he asked for my season ticket, which i get out for my details to be added onto the ticket. The man then said im going to have to charge you 50 pounds as you are an under 21 season ticket. i respond with saying you cannot get a under 16 season ticket for the barclay.

He then accuses me of using my fake ID (which isnt fake, but a problem which the club have proccesed) to get into night clubs to buy alcholic drinks, or going to bars, and then says he thinks im the sort of person to buy fags and drink at the shops, he then yanks the season ticket out my hand and says that he will give me a new one and i demand it back, which he does so.

He then starts of accusing me of being a YOBO (:L) and i go well i clearly dont do none of what you have just said and he then says "B*LLOCKS Mate B*LLOCKS"

was white and a complete nob''. People can be complete dicks whatever their skin colour.[/quote]he was describing his appearance not being racist[/quote]I''m not suggesting he''s racist.  It was an observation I made.When white people describe other people they only mention their colour if they''re are non white,  white people don''t say, ''you know that white fellow''.   I''m not saying it''s 100% wrong, on some occasions it probably doesn''t matter if said in an general inoffensive way. I''m saying it can be a bit iffy if you use it when speaking about somebody in a negative way.  That''s all.examples goodman -''I used to work with that chap over there''.woman- ''which one''?man - ''the black fellow''.examples very bad.man- ''the ticket office man was a bastard to me, in the ticket office''.NCFC CS- ''he was a bastard? which one''?man- ''the black bastard''.

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote][quote][quote]

was white and a complete nob''. People can be complete dicks whatever their skin colour.[/quote]he was describing his appearance not being racist[/quote]I''m not suggesting he''s racist.  It was an observation I made.When white people describe other people they only mention their colour if they''re are non white,  white people don''t say, ''you know that white fellow''.   I''m not saying it''s 100% wrong, on some occasions it probably doesn''t matter if said in an general inoffensive way. I''m saying it can be a bit iffy if you use it when speaking about somebody in a negative way.  That''s all.examples goodman -''I used to work with that chap over there''.woman- ''which one''?man - ''the black fellow''.examples very bad.man- ''the ticket office man was a bastard to me, in the ticket office''.NCFC CS- ''he was a bastard? which one''?man- ''the black bastard''.[/quote]you''re example are rather extreme. plus we live in a country of which most of the population is white therefore by describing someone as black it makes it quite abit clearer who we are talking about. 

[quote][quote][quote][quote][quote]

was white and a complete nob''. People can be complete dicks whatever their skin colour.[/quote]he was describing his appearance not being racist[/quote]I''m not suggesting he''s racist.  It was an observation I made.When white people describe other people they only mention their colour if they''re are non white,  white people don''t say, ''you know that white fellow''.   I''m not saying it''s 100% wrong, on some occasions it probably doesn''t matter if said in an general inoffensive way. I''m saying it can be a bit iffy if you use it when speaking about somebody in a negative way.  That''s all.examples goodman -''I used to work with that chap over there''.woman- ''which one''?man - ''the black fellow''.examples very bad.man- ''the ticket office man was a bastard to me, in the ticket office''.NCFC CS- ''he was a bastard? which one''?man- ''the black bastard''.[/quote]you''re example are rather extreme. plus we live in a country of which most of the population is white therefore by describing someone as black it makes it quite abit clearer who we are talking about.  [/quote]I don''t think you get it do you?  I said - I''m not saying it''s 100% wrong, on some occasions it probably doesn''t

matter if said in an general inoffensive way. I''m saying it can be a

bit iffy if you use it when speaking about somebody in a negative way. 

That''s all.

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote][quote][quote][quote][quote]

was white and a complete nob''. People can be complete dicks whatever their skin colour.[/quote]he was describing his appearance not being racist[/quote]I''m not suggesting he''s racist.  It was an observation I made.When white people describe other people they only mention their colour if they''re are non white,  white people don''t say, ''you know that white fellow''.   I''m not saying it''s 100% wrong, on some occasions it probably doesn''t matter if said in an general inoffensive way. I''m saying it can be a bit iffy if you use it when speaking about somebody in a negative way.  That''s all.examples goodman -''I used to work with that chap over there''.woman- ''which one''?man - ''the black fellow''.examples very bad.man- ''the ticket office man was a bastard to me, in the ticket office''.NCFC CS- ''he was a bastard? which one''?man- ''the black bastard''.[/quote]you''re example are rather extreme. plus we live in a country of which most of the population is white therefore by describing someone as black it makes it quite abit clearer who we are talking about.  [/quote]I don''t think you get it do you?  I said - I''m not saying it''s 100% wrong, on some occasions it probably doesn''t

matter if said in an general inoffensive way. I''m saying it can be a

bit iffy if you use it when speaking about somebody in a negative way. 

That''s all.
[/quote]but here it''s not iffy as he goes out of his way to clarify that he''s not being racist

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"]White man''s disclaimer''I''m not racist but.....''[/quote]that''s normally followed by a derogatory comment. in no way does he imply that his race has anything to do with his behavior. so stop trying to make him look racist, give up and go to bed. 

if anything like that happens again ask for their name and make a complaint. Not much good afterwards posting it on a message board. If you were not treated with respect and dealt with unfairly then that''s the way to go.

[quote][quote]White man''s disclaimer''I''m not racist but.....''[/quote]that''s normally followed by a derogatory comment. in no way does he imply that his race has anything to do with his behavior. so stop trying to make him look racist, give up and go to bed.  [/quote]You''re supposed to argue the point, not throw in the towel by trying to patronise me.

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote][quote]White man''s disclaimer''I''m not racist but.....''[/quote]that''s normally followed by a derogatory comment. in no way does he imply that his race has anything to do with his behavior. so stop trying to make him look racist, give up and go to bed.  [/quote]You''re supposed to argue the point, not throw in the towel by trying to patronise me.[/quote]i made my point. im now going to bed so save your flawed arguments for the morning

flawed?  By saying it''s not good by kicking off a thread, posting an alleged incident in the ticket office by saying the guy was black, therefore singling out the exact person.  Slating him publicly alleging what he said, without him having a chance to defend himself?  He might have said it, but there''s a chance he might not have.But you say it''s not iffy because the OP said, ''I''m not racist''. If the OP just said ''A person in the ticket office''.  It wouldn''t''ve been quite the same would it?

Meh, God knows how many of these type of discussions I see on Forums nowadays.

1, The OP has a problem with someone who is non-white and thinks he has to justify it with "I''m not a racist".

2, Along come the PC brigade who then do everything to prove that the OP is racist.

It''s nothing more than bullying in my book.

As an Aboriginal Australian, I believe I can comment on this with some authority, having had to deal with the issues like this all my life.

I’d like to make the following observations;

1)      I hate political correctness.

2)      While I believe Jordi was in no way being racist, I do believe he was a little bit naïve in the way his initial post read, that some people could have thought was racist.

3)      Threads like this actually don’t always help the situation. People are scared to speak their mind sometimes. I’m not a fan of people stepping on egg-shells rather than speaking their mind.

4)      People do sometime like to add a “I’m not racist, but” disclaimer at the start of sentences, and then use it to go on a rant how “all of this particular race smell, or all of this race typically don’t work etc.”. That’s still racism! If anyone has seen the movie, I liken this to the scene in Talladega Nights (not a likely source for a race debate, I know)….to quote….”With all due respect, you’re a f….ing a…hole!”. If you’re not being racist, describe the situation, and don’t use the word race. If you’re describing a person, describe them. As soon as you mention the word “race”, some people will automatically think you’re being racist.

5)      Liken it to any other minority. Would you ever say the following…..”I was at the ticket office, and the guy who served me was rude. Now, I’m not being a bigot, but I believe he was gay”. Or, …..”I was at the ticket office, and the guy who served me was rude. Now, I’m not discriminating, but I he was in a wheelchair”. Or………..”I was at the ticket office, and the guy who served me was rude. Now, I’m not discriminating, but I he has a piercing in his lip.” Or...........

That is all….

Jesus christ this forum is full of some idiots. He was not being racist. If you''ve been in the ticket office, there is not many black men working in there. Therefore, because he clearly doesnt know his name, he used that as the main descriptive feature, so people know who he''s referring to,It''s bad enough he had to point out he''s not being racist, but for every poster to then claim ''you''re racist'' is absolutely beyond relief. If you all got of your high chair and just paid attention to the actual post, you''ll realise he was only pointing out who the guy was and it sounds like he was treated very poorly anyway. I have had a problem with the same individual in believing my age, even though i had identification with me.

[quote user="hogesar"]Jesus christ this forum is full of some idiots. He was not being racist. If you''ve been in the ticket office, there is not many black men working in there. Therefore, because he clearly doesnt know his name, he used that as the main descriptive feature, so people know who he''s referring to,

It''s bad enough he had to point out he''s not being racist, but for every poster to then claim ''you''re racist'' is absolutely beyond relief. If you all got of your high chair and just paid attention to the actual post, you''ll realise he was only pointing out who the guy was and it sounds like he was treated very poorly anyway.
[/quote]

Spot on, some people just seem to look for an argument on here when none need exist.

Fully agree. Presumably if the box office was made up of all thin blokes except for one who was 30 stone he could well be referred to as ''the fat fella''!

It is a description.

Offence is so much like beauty ........... in th eye of the beholder!

It''s a problem with the ''political correctness gone mad mob''.   Just so everyone know who they are, I''m not racist but.... they''re white and they''re too stupid to read a thread through properly to understand that the ''descriptive'' is not always the best way to go.

Firstly, there is nothing racist about what Jordi said. In this case it helped me identify who the guy was (possibly).

I dealt with a black guy in the ticket office over the summer (his name was Stephen, if that helps?) and I found him to be exceptionally courteous, friendly and helpful.

So much so that I wrote a letter to David McNally and Richard Gough prasing him. I''d be surprised if it was the same guy but sounds like it may have been. Looking at some of your posts on here Jordi, I''d probably guess that he was right, and you are a bit of a yob/chav/idiot.

No offence, that''s just how you come across on here so maybe you do in real life too.

I find the above post is patronising in the extreme. Being "exceptionally courteous, friendly and helpful" are the prime requirements in a customer focused environment.

You will no doubt reply that you would have done the same had you dealt with a "white" person -

"I''d be surprised if it was the same guy but sounds like it may have been."

Don''t get that comment either.

It sounds a bit like you have fallen over yourself to be part of the politically correct brigade.

So would all the guys on here be happier if jordi had described this bloke as Afro Carribean or Asian??

When describing a person, we tend to state the most obvious and easily identifiable characteristic of that person. In this case, the guy was Black.....Jordi has not pulled the white supremacy card, nor has he made personal insults against the person...he has merely pointed out that the ( professional) behaviour of this guy was not acceptable to him. As a relatively young person, he has then asked whether others have had problems with a guy who was most easily identified within that office by his colour. Get off his case!

Some of you need to reexamine the your whole concept of diversity and it`s roots.

And for the record...I hate crap service, whoever is providing it, and reserve the right to complain !

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

I find the above post is patronising in the extreme. Being "exceptionally courteous, friendly and helpful" are the prime requirements in a customer focused environment.

You will no doubt reply that you would have done the same had you dealt with a "white" person -

It sounds a bit like you have fallen over yourself to be part of the politically correct brigade.

[/quote]

Not at all. The guy was black, we live in Norfolk, there are not many black people around here, especially (in all my years of visting) in our ticket office. So I can safely assume it''s the same guy.

He went out of his way to help me and yes, that is what I expect, but I was particularly impressed by him (and the hot blonde too).

I don''t care what race/sex/religion you are, if you help me great, if you''re an idiot, go away.

Plus, Jordi is a bit of a prat.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

[/quote]

Not at all. The guy was black, we live in Norfolk, there are not many black people around here, especially (in all my years of visting) in our ticket office. So I can safely assume it''s the same guy.

He went out of his way to help me and yes, that is what I expect, but I was particularly impressed by him (and the hot blonde too).

I don''t care what race/sex/religion you are, if you help me great, if you''re an idiot, go away.

[/quote]

No but there are loads of Chinky''s

[quote][quote][quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No but there are loads of Chinky''s

[/quote]You sure? they all look the same to me.