Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Official Match Thread - Leeds v Norwich City

absolutely right. Better than them across the pitch.  If only we had someone of the quality of their loan from leicester to come off the bench.Can see Lambert didnt want to make any changes to a side playing so well but perhaps an extra bit of pace at the end would have undone them.as for Leeds.......empty seats, quiet fans, very ordinary team.  Much rather have Holt than Beckford.

Think back to the first game of the season - would you have taken sixth place, matching Leeds and only losing to them by an out of character error by our keeper? I would

Gutted and we deserved more than what we got. Poor kick, poor defending to turn you''re backs, but I was very impressed with that performance, keep that up, especially against the top 2 and we will do well.

Unlucky Norwich.

[quote user="6088m canary"]absolutely right. Better than them across the pitch.  If only we had someone of the quality of their loan from leicester to come off the bench.Can see Lambert didnt want to make any changes to a side playing so well but perhaps an extra bit of pace at the end would have undone them.as for Leeds.......empty seats, quiet fans, very ordinary team.  Much rather have Holt than Beckford.[/quote]Agreed - I was thinking this is when you want Huckerby on the bench. Not that I think he''d be up for it now.

Disappointing as it is. If it wasnt for forster we would have been behind anyway....and as commentary pointed out. our entire back four switched off on that goal kick. Only one player faced that kick and it was beckford.If whoever was marking him stayed on his shoulder and faced the same direction then it would have been entirely different. Quality performance but just goes to show you cant switch off even for a second.

Forster needs to be replaced. Here''s why. He made some good saves tonight but also made a calamity of at least four kicks ( which could have cost us other goals ), the last of which was atrocious. Norwich played very good football....better than some Premiership teams I''ve seen this season. However, you cannot expect the team to consistently put out this kind of effort throughout a game for the rest of the season when they know they have that kind of goalkeeper kicking liability. Heads will drop unless action is taken.   

Part of the reason Forster made a "calamity" of some kicks was that Doc and Askou kept making unnecessary back passes.

well its a touch one eh? Generally speaking a footballer makes a career in goal because he cant kick (Van der sar a possible exception as he could probably slot into our midfield easily).Forster made some great stops tonight and whilst i understand this knee jerk reaction it is totally wrong.  He made some dodgy clearances from backpasses in the first 45, but they werent exactly quality back passes either.....if our back 4 know he isnt the best kicker in the world then we should look for other options!!

Watching their second goal again you have to say the reaction from our defence was criminal. Yes, it was a sh*t kick from Fraser but if Semi was switched on he should have shut Beckford down.

[quote user="Jen Jen "]Otsemobor Was Awful! Lambert Should Have Brought On Subs Earlier, You Could See The Midfield Were Tired.[/quote]Absolutely! That was the difference in the last 25 mins. or so - as soon as their pacey subs. came on, we looked tired.We do need someone with a bit of pace. I think Cody would have been worth 10 mins. or so.

Well, I never knew I could feel so gutted to see a team I don''t support lose.

Gradel changed the game, why the hell have we loaned him out, grrr!

[quote user="6088m canary"]Disappointing as it is. If it wasnt for forster we would have been behind anyway....and as commentary pointed out. our entire back four switched off on that goal kick. Only one player faced that kick and it was beckford.If whoever was marking him stayed on his shoulder and faced the same direction then it would have been entirely different. Quality performance but just goes to show you cant switch off even for a second.[/quote]Not true.  Watching it on Sky, Askou is facing the ball.  It was such a crap kick that it wouldn''t have mattered if all our 11 players were facing the ball.  No excuses, it''s Forster''s blunder which cost us a deserved point.

It didn''t look to me as if the closest defenders were watching at all and by that time thye attacker was already on his way... I used to get miffed when the under 8s did that...

But good performance overall... could just feel it was going to happen... thought Cody or someone may have unsettled Leeds at the back for the last 5-10 minutes... as it was they pushed forward...

I wonder if the keeper should have subbed when he signalled to the bench... not sure what he had done but maybe it was relevant (top save though)

... and what was Kyle fom Tenacious D refereeing for?

well if Askou was facing the kick.........a) was he marking Beckford?b) was he goal side?No use facing the kick if you are 10 yards ahead of the opposition forward is it?!