Sign in to follow this  
JTG

Quick Summary

It''s clear that we''re a superior side to Leeds. But a few things are clear; we need to get Otsemobor out of this team as soon as physically possible. Both goals were directly his fault (Abysmal goal kick aside). Spillane cant get fit again soon enough. There were two weak links in our team this evening, Otsemobor and Russell, possibly a worse passer of the ball than the infamous Andy Hughes himself. That''s saying something.Typical Norwich though, dominated for most of the game, didn''t get in front and threw it away right at the end. Thank god Gradel didn''t start though, Leeds'' best player by a mile, how he can''t get in the Leicester team I''ll never know.Play like that for the rest of the season (apart from Otsemobor) and we''ll go up. Automatically.

Russell had a good game tbh, think thats a bit unfairEven Doc did well, and im not a Doc fan !!Semi is a left winger, not a left back, this becomes clearer and clearer every game

Semmy was facing the wrong way, if he was the right way, it would have been 50-50 between him and beckford, he almost got his foot on it anyway....

[quote user="Mister Chops"]You might need to explain to me how Forster''s awful goal kick was Otsemobor''s fault?[/quote]Really? Ok. Had his back to goal, allowing Beckford to get comfortably away from him before having the easy task of slotting home.To add, thought the referee had a great game. Probably the best we''ve had all season. Although towards the end of the second half because Leeds were conceding so many free kicks (didn''t realise they were still so dirty) and the crowd got on his back he did start to give them a few soft ones.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]You might need to explain to me how Forster''s awful goal kick was Otsemobor''s fault?

[/quote]

Because Otsemobor decided not to watch, and then took bloody ages to realise what had happened. Watch it again, you''ll see. Having said that, Forster is still more to blame, obviously.

They didn''t even deserve a point. We were miles better than them. I''m so p****d off.

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="Mister Chops"]You might need to explain to me how Forster''s awful goal kick was Otsemobor''s fault?[/quote]Really? Ok. Had his back to goal, allowing Beckford to get comfortably away from him before having the easy task of slotting home.[/quote]3 of the back 4 weren''t watching the ball on the goal kick, it seems unfair to single Semi out.  Drury, Doc and Semi all turned their backs, and when you''re used to the goal kicks soaring over your heads each time, I think it''s fair enough.  The blame for me lies with Forster, Forster and Forster, in that order.  I am no Semi fan, but let''s at least try to apportion blame accurately.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]You might need to explain to me how Forster''s awful goal kick was Otsemobor''s fault?[/quote]

Because Otsemobor decided not to watch, and then took bloody ages to realise what had happened. Watch it again, you''ll see. Having said that, Forster is still more to blame, obviously.

They didn''t even deserve a point. We were miles better than them. I''m so p****d off.

[/quote]It''s certainly a bitter pill to swallow. But we should be used to just that by now really.

[quote user="JTG"]

Really? Ok. Had his back to goal, allowing Beckford to get comfortably away from him before having the easy task of slotting home.[/quote]

Right RightDrury, Askou and Doc are not to blame, Semi alone should have been back ???Now if he had and gotten to it and played Beckford onside you would be crying that Semi was outta position playing Beckford onside when he shoulda been pushing up.Stop nit picking what was a great TEAM performance.I F***ing HATE Doc, but will take my hat off to him tonight.If i can do that then trust me, whole team played well.JTG, sit down, grab a beer get over it..Dont go being a turd !

Semmy was the one with Beckford next to him, he is the fastest one, if he had been facing goal, he would have got that ball.... if you watch the goal again, it almost looks like he touched it anyway (he probably did)...he might as well of taken him down, out of the box anyway, then we would have still drawn :P

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="JTG"][quote user="Mister Chops"]You might need to explain to me how Forster''s awful goal kick was Otsemobor''s fault?[/quote]Really? Ok. Had his back to goal, allowing Beckford to get comfortably away from him before having the easy task of slotting home.[/quote]3 of the back 4 weren''t watching the ball on the goal kick, it seems unfair to single Semi out.  Drury, Doc and Semi all turned their backs, and when you''re used to the goal kicks soaring over your heads each time, I think it''s fair enough.  The blame for me lies with Forster, Forster and Forster, in that order.  I am no Semi fan, but let''s at least try to apportion blame accurately.[/quote]Yes of course blame for that goal first and foremost is with Forster. Goes without saying, did say in my original post ''(besides the goal kick)'' as that was obviously the main factor. But the defence should never turn their backs like that and leave the striker. Beckford certainly didn''t have his back turned.

Rusty was immense for me, but once he got his final warning, his usual game changed and the dominance he had slightly disapear.

Chops....forster''s kick was to blame yes. However if you watch Beckfords finish he was only inches ahead of Semi (good effort to get back, but if was goal side would never have been a goal). And the blame does not lie at semi....the entire back 4 switched off and it cost us. Keepers poor clearance yes....however a defence should know wheretheir striker is at any time and to leave him goal side is criminal.

"Thank god Gradel didn''t start though, Leeds'' best player by a mile, how he can''t get in the Leicester team I''ll never know."

I have no idea either, the flair we''re missing and what an impact he made.

CALL HIM BACK NIGE!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="JTG"][quote user="Mister Chops"]You might need to explain to me how Forster''s awful goal kick was Otsemobor''s fault?

[/quote]

Really? Ok. Had his back to goal, allowing Beckford to get comfortably away from him before having the easy task of slotting home.

[/quote]

3 of the back 4 weren''t watching the ball on the goal kick, it seems unfair to single Semi out.  Drury, Doc and Semi all turned their backs, and when you''re used to the goal kicks soaring over your heads each time, I think it''s fair enough.  The blame for me lies with Forster, Forster and Forster, in that order.  I am no Semi fan, but let''s at least try to apportion blame accurately.
[/quote]

No I agree, the vast majority of the blame lies with Forster. But you asked how Otsemobor was also at fault. The other 3 defenders noticed soon enough and tried to react, unfortunately, the defender who was closest to Beckford - Otsemobor - seemed to think the game had finished. If he would have reacted in time he would have been able to prevent that goal.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="JTG"]

Really? Ok. Had his back to goal, allowing Beckford to get comfortably away from him before having the easy task of slotting home.[/quote]

Right RightDrury, Askou and Doc are not to blame, Semi alone should have been back ???Now if he had and gotten to it and played Beckford onside you would be crying that Semi was outta position playing Beckford onside when he shoulda been pushing up.Stop nit picking what was a great TEAM performance.I F***ing HATE Doc, but will take my hat off to him tonight.If i can do that then trust me, whole team played well.JTG, sit down, grab a beer get over it..Dont go being a turd !

[/quote]It was a great team performance, yes, anyone can see that. You''re obviously a big Otsemobor fan, fine, but fact is he was partly to blame for the second goal and very largely to blame for the first. These are facts. Not ''nit-picking'', just part of the quick summary of the game.

[quote user="JTG"]It''s clear that we''re a superior side to Leeds. But a few things are clear; we need to get Otsemobor out of this team as soon as physically possible. Both goals were directly his fault (Abysmal goal kick aside). Spillane cant get fit again soon enough. There were two weak links in our team this evening, Otsemobor and Russell, possibly a worse passer of the ball than the infamous Andy Hughes himself. That''s saying something.

Typical Norwich though, dominated for most of the game, didn''t get in front and threw it away right at the end.

Thank god Gradel didn''t start though, Leeds'' best player by a mile, how he can''t get in the Leicester team I''ll never know.

Play like that for the rest of the season (apart from Otsemobor) and we''ll go up. Automatically.
[/quote]

You clearly watched a different match to me then because Rusty was excellent tonight and our best midfielder by far (even though I thought they all played well).  Also, to single Semmy out for the second goal is stupid and simply jumping on the ''Semmy hating'' bandwagon.  It was primarily Forsters fault (as EVERYONE on Sky has eluded too) and if you''re not blaming him for some bizarre reason, if is the defence''s fault as a unit for all switching off, not just Semmy''s.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="JTG"][quote user="Mister Chops"]You might need to explain to me how Forster''s awful goal kick was Otsemobor''s fault?[/quote]Really? Ok. Had his back to goal, allowing Beckford to get comfortably away from him before having the easy task of slotting home.[/quote]3 of the back 4 weren''t watching the ball on the goal kick, it seems unfair to single Semi out.  Drury, Doc and Semi all turned their backs, and when you''re used to the goal kicks soaring over your heads each time, I think it''s fair enough.  The blame for me lies with Forster, Forster and Forster, in that order.  I am no Semi fan, but let''s at least try to apportion blame accurately.[/quote]

No I agree, the vast majority of the blame lies with Forster. But you asked how Otsemobor was also at fault. The other 3 defenders noticed soon enough and tried to react, unfortunately, the defender who was closest to Beckford - Otsemobor - seemed to think the game had finished. If he would have reacted in time he would have been able to prevent that goal.

[/quote]Fair enough.  He was poor for their first goal, let Johnson have a free header.  It''s a shame Spillane wasn''t fit.

Russell had a good game, we bossed it for large periods and deserved more in the end. Two poor errors have cost us. We need to cut those out if we''re to get anywhere in this league.

I thought Russell had a good game, Holt and Wes impressed me too, Lappin was quite decent too.

Hughes was a disappointment for me, not that I was expecting much from him.

="matt crowhurst"]How anyone can have a go at russell after amazes me, he was one of our best players and as for blaming semi for the winner now thats just a joke"

this is getting past a joke - Semi and Russell made a great contribution to the positive way City played. The missed chances in the first half probably cost us the game. The final nail was Forsters fault , and his alone. If you are looking for a sapegoat concentrate on the piss poor kick - and nothing else

[quote user="WACCOLO"]I thought Russell had a good game, Holt and Wes impressed me too, Lappin was quite decent too.

Hughes was a disappointment for me, not that I was expecting much from him.[/quote]I don''t understand the Russell loving at the minute, but I''ll let it slide ;) Wes had another good game, should have scored in the first half of course. No Lappin, good assist today, but I''ve seen him play a lot better that''s for sure, I''d like to see him more committed in the tackle. Hughes was solid I though, played the ball intelligently and certainly played his part in our good passing game today.

[quote user="southstand"]="matt crowhurst"]How anyone can have a go at russell after amazes me, he was one of our best players and as for blaming semi for the winner now thats just a joke"

this is getting past a joke - Semi and Russell made a great contribution to the positive way City played. The missed chances in the first half probably cost us the game. The final nail was Forsters fault , and his alone. If you are looking for a sapegoat concentrate on the piss poor kick - and nothing else[/quote]The last goal was certainly predominantly Forster''s fault, but can you honestly not see how it was also, in part, the defences (particularly Otsemobor in this case due to his position close to Backford) fault?