Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

The Ref

Did anyone else realize how often the ref got in the way of Holt and co. whilst trying to switch it? It was astonishing, almost every single attempt he would be in the way and our player would have to take an extra touch!

Or is it just me and my dad?

I thought he was a mile above any Ref we have had at Carrow road this season (or ever probably) he made a lot of right decisions, but yeah he did get in the way a bit....

We''re quick enough to slag the ref off most games so I think it''s only right that we should congratulate him tonight. No complaints whatsoever with his performance.

Yes he was pretty good...although if we''re going to get all ''Alex Ferguson'' about things he only added an extra 30 seconds of injury time at the end for an injury-time substitution *and* an injury-time goal.

We might have equalised - we''re quite good at late goals!

Lee Mason (a late substitute for Kevin Friend), a Lancashire lad from Bolton, started in the Bolton Boys League, full time Premier League pro.

Quote: "I wasn''t a great player myself.  It was my sports master who first suggested I might be a bit better in the middle.  He was a ref and that''s how I got started."

Best thing about being a ref: "Handling a big game well."

Worst thing about being a ref: "Missing something terribly important and then watching yourself missing it on the telly for days afterwards."

Actually I thought the ref was pretty much spot on.He booked players for tackles that were too too full on but restrained from booking when it was accidental/marginally late. This meant the game could flow and that players failed in attempts to wind other players up. Stamped out a lot of bickering pretty quickly and I don''t think put a wistle wrong.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]We''re quick enough to slag the ref off most games so I think it''s only right that we should congratulate him tonight. No complaints whatsoever with his performance.[/quote]Here, here! If we'' re reduced to having a go at the ref for this game then I think we''ve admitted we deserved to lose - AND WE DIDN''T!

Whenever I''ve seen him ref a City game I''ve always thought he''s been a bit of an arse, but tonight he got the two early big decisions right, (both yellows) and he did well in a high tempo game with two committed teams. There''s always going to be a a couple of contentious shouts for middle of the park decisions but overall he had a good game.