Norfolk.

NR1 1JE.

Dear Gary,

Please stop bear huggin'' !

Yours sincerely,

A concerned supporter.

[/quote]

That is so  NOT a disincentive!!

Now off to the nearest fancy-dress hire shop ........

[/quote]

For a bear suit - or are you a tranny?

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]Mook, Thank you for the ''science'' bit. Sometimes this Board is really informative; and this is great for those of us who have a great passion for but little technical understanding of the game.[/quote]

haha Mook obviously has no technical knowledge and neither does anybody else who rates the Doc.

He will always be an error prone clumsy oaf and if our tight fisted board gave Lambert a few quid to spend than Doherty would be history!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]Mook, Thank you for the ''science'' bit. Sometimes this Board is really informative; and this is great for those of us who have a great passion for but little technical understanding of the game.[/quote]

haha Mook obviously has no technical knowledge and neither does anybody else who rates the Doc.

He will always be an error prone clumsy oaf and if our tight fisted board gave Lambert a few quid to spend than Doherty would be history!

[/quote]Well there we go, Smudger has spoken and the case is closed.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Well there we go, Smudger has spoken and the case is closed.[/quote]He''s got ''technical knowledge'' you know [:O]All picked up from playing Football Manager I reckon [;)]http://fm2.theoffside.com/files/2009/03/nerd.jpg

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Well there we go, Smudger has spoken and the case is closed.
[/quote]

So on one side of the coin we have Nigel Worthington, Peter Grant and Glen Roeder while on the other we have First Wizard, Houston Canary and Smudger[:O]

Heads or tails[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Well there we go, Smudger has spoken and the case is closed.[/quote]

So on one side of the coin we have Nigel Worthington, Peter Grant and Glen Roeder while on the other we have First Wizard, Houston Canary and Smudger[:O]

[/quote]I suppose you could argue the latter 3 have never led a team to relegation...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Well there we go, Smudger has spoken and the case is closed.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re using Peter Grant and Glenn Roeder to make your case? ha ha ha ha ha ha

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Yyyyyeah.You may notice that nowhere have I said I "rate" the Doc, although I do like him and I do believe that he''s the best we currently have. I merely pointed out that there are many, many other "physical" centre backs that are not HORRIBLY exposed by having an awfully organised team in front of them.It''s donuts like you and Houston that think defending is purely down to the CB. Watch Capello''s England - defending is a team game, and if the CB is constantly exposed (usually against tricky, faster attackers) then the CB will make a lot of mistakes.Put me one-on-one with you, baldy. I''ll tell your keeper you said hi... [;)]

Have you nothing else to say bar having a pop at Doc? Do one down to Soilder Field or whatever and watch some Grid Iron and i hope you know more about that than you clearly do about ''proper''football.

[quote user="hugoagogo"]Have you nothing else to say bar having a pop at Doc? Do one down to Soilder Field or whatever and watch some Grid Iron and i hope you know more about that than you clearly do about ''proper''football.[/quote]

ps you looked pissed on x factor my mrs says Whitney

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Yyyyyeah.

You may notice that nowhere have I said I "rate" the Doc, although I do like him and I do believe that he''s the best we currently have. I merely pointed out that there are many, many other "physical" centre backs that are not HORRIBLY exposed by having an awfully organised team in front of them.

It''s donuts like you and Houston that think defending is purely down to the CB. Watch Capello''s England - defending is a team game, and if the CB is constantly exposed (usually against tricky, faster attackers) then the CB will make a lot of mistakes.

Put me one-on-one with you, baldy. I''ll tell your keeper you said hi... [;)]
[/quote]

Where have I ever said that defending is purely down to a centre back?

Apart from him being totally unable to use his right foot, why do you think that I think Hoolahan is complete pants also???

[quote user="Smudger"]

Apart from him being totally unable to use his right foot, why do you think that I think Hoolahan is complete pants also???

[/quote]Because you''re stubborn, and unable to admit you might have misjudged him. I can''t think of any other reason you would think arguably our most creative player is "pants"?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Because you''re stubborn, and unable to admit you might have misjudged him. I can''t think of any other reason you would think arguably our most creative player is "pants"?
[/quote]

Beacuse he is??? [:^)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Because you''re stubborn, and unable to admit you might have misjudged him. I can''t think of any other reason you would think arguably our most creative player is "pants"?[/quote]

Beacuse he is??? [:^)]

[/quote]Fantastic argument as always Smudger. His goals and assists this season suggest otherwise, along with his performances. Obviously, if you ever got along to a game you would probably be able to see that for yourself.Still, just continue with the "fingers-in-the-ears-I''m-not-listening" defence, as it''s served you well so far.

[quote user="hugoagogo"][quote user="hugoagogo"]Have you nothing else to say bar having a pop at Doc? Do one down to Soilder Field or whatever and watch some Grid Iron and i hope you know more about that than you clearly do about ''proper''football.[/quote] ps you looked pissed on x factor my mrs says Whitney[/quote]

What? Grid iron?  Proper football?  Did someone not get enough sleep last night, or is someone drunk or mentally unbalanced, or just plain stupid, or needlessly obsessed over an issue nobody cares about? Your mrs? How many mr do you have if it''s plural?

[quote user="Smudger"]Apart from him being totally unable to use his right foot, why do you think that I think Hoolahan is complete pants also???[/quote]"I worked with Wes Hoolahan and he''s a fantastic footballer, and he''s one of a few who can be a threat," Grayson told the Yorkshire Evening Post.

So, Grayson and Lambert or smudger''s expert opinion? You decide![*-)]

Smudger, you continue to make yourself look a prize idiot.  But then again, that is probably because you are....

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Apart from him being totally unable to use his right foot, why do you think that I think Hoolahan is complete pants also???[/quote]"I worked with Wes Hoolahan and he''s a fantastic footballer, and he''s one of a few who can be a threat," Grayson told the Yorkshire Evening Post.

[/quote]

Hoolahan wasn''t much of a threat this evening was he???

Lappin and Holt the only ones to put a threat in on Leeds goal.  I am sure that you are impressed though because we played pretty football but created very little???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Lappin and Holt the only ones to put a threat in on Leeds goal.  I am sure that you are impressed though because we played pretty football but created very little???

[/quote]Sorry Bell-end, who was it who held the ball up and generated space for the first goal? And drifted into space for what should have been the first goal a long time before our equaliser (admittedly it was a poor finish, but a fantastic run)?Hughes, Askou and Otsemobor let us down tonight IMO - but Wes again put in a decent performance. Shame you are too much of a p***k to realise that.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Bell-end, who was it who held the ball up and generated space for the first goal? And drifted into space for what should have been the first goal a long time before our equaliser (admittedly it was a poor finish, but a fantastic run)?

Hughes, Askou and Otsemobor let us down tonight IMO - but Wes again put in a decent performance. Shame you are too much of a p***k to realise that.
[/quote]

Oh you mean when Hoolahan had it on the edge of the area in plenty of space and stood on it like a lost crane before remembering he could flick it with his left leg tamely out to Lappin who then delivered a lovely ball which Hot finished superbly???

I don''t really see how you can give Hoolahan any credit for that?  But hey ho if you must!

As for his poor finish prior to that you said it... more like a pass back!

I feel that we''re losing the point here.

It was a decent performance and we deserved more than we got, there were some good performances and some individual errors, Otsemobor getting done for the goal, Russell gave the ball away cheaply at times, Hoolahan missed a gilt-edged chance but all in all I thought we were the better side.

That aside, what about Doherty and his fouling? It must be contagious as every time we hit an aerial ball towards Grant Holt he was backing in and grappling with their centre half!!

The only thing I can take heart from is that Doherty won''t be up against Grant Holt this season!! The poor referee wouldn''t know what to do, 6 of the Doc against half a dozen of Holt...