Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Lamberts mistake

Lambert was clearly happy with the draw Leeds were not . Leeds put on fresh legs and the last ten mins was one way traffic Lambert should have responded. He waited far too long and he is as much as fault as our keeper. You can not afford to take that amount of pressure without responding especially at that late stage of the game. Really showing not much faith in his substitutes.At the end of the day I am afraid good performances count for little if you get nowt from the game. Now the pressure is back on to stay in touch and makes the chance of automatic promotion far far away, and Leeds will tell you what a lottery the play offs are.Interesting to see Leeds sign two new players before the game, they know how vital it is to keep a good run going.We have a good side with a reasonable manager but I am afraid we will struggle if the board can not match other teams ambitions and sign players when gaps appear

[quote user="CJ"]Lambert was clearly happy with the draw Leeds were not .[/quote]Stopped reading after this. Clearly didn''t watch the same game I did.

[quote user="CJ"]Lambert was clearly happy with the draw Leeds were not .[/quote]Yeah, because we stopped attacking once we got the equaliser.....Twunt.

No because he did not respond when clearly they were running us ragged at the end and the subs did change the game even a numpty like you could see the difference before and after!

I think the injection of pace Leeds made provided the difference, but this did leave them a bit more open at the back.I reckon this is when he should have brought Cody on - it would have put them on the back foot again. And he might have scored!We definitely need some pace, if only as an option.

I think your way of the mark with this thread, Lambert went to Leeds with the mentality to win the game and it showed throughout the 90 minutes, I thought our defence switched of a bit in the last 10 minutes and that was the only time Leeds looked threatening.

Simple facts before two subs Leeds had only one shot on goal worthy of note in last ten mins after subs had FOUR with two good saves before the fatal mistake. We had no shots in last ten hardly looked like winning then!Do not get me wrong lambert is good manager BUT this was a point lost and more important one automatic promo place even further out of reach

Yes Lambert did try to take the game to Leeds and it worked for the first 65, 70 minutes but he should of made a sub. Russell was by far our best player tonight but really looked like he was going to get a second yellow and was lucky not to. Martin lacked pace and fitness in the last 20mins an I don''t we think we had any shots in the last 15. We should of brought on Adeyemi for Russell and Cody for Martin then we would have troubled Leeds for the full 90 minutes.

[quote user="Hollywood Canary"]Completely disagree. We were going for the win right until the end.[/quote]Yup and if there is anything to blame Lambert for maybe he should have told them to tighten it up and stop pushing for the last 5 minutes. Lambert doesn''t seem to think thats an option, we are there to play football so why stop?I am not in the least bit upset by this defeat because in comparison to the game against MK Dons we matched them all of the way. Beckford for all of his apparent quality was woeful and needed that misstake to score. Leeds had no real quality, no creativity and yet Norwich did throughout for all to see.

Let me see if I understand this. You are saying that if Cody had come on Forster wouldn''t have misskicked?

Come off it. I bet you that was the most pressure Leeds have been put under at home all season. Lambert really went for it from the start.

[quote user="crowey66"]to put it politley this post is utter tosh.[/quote]Such a compelling argument, how can anyone disagree with you...

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

Let me see if I understand this. You are saying that if Cody had come on Forster wouldn''t have misskicked?

Come off it. I bet you that was the most pressure Leeds have been put under at home all season. Lambert really went for it from the start.

[/quote]I don''t think that was the point made at all, it sounded like we slacked off in the final 15 mins and conceded because of it, a bit unlucky though, any other night we might have got away with it.

dont think lambert was happy with a draw at all. however I was surprised he didnt bring on any subs til 89 mins. thought Cody should have come on for last 15 to run at naylor instead of martin. still what do i know i aint a manager, lol!!

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]I think your way of the mark with this thread, Lambert went to Leeds with the mentality to win the game and it showed throughout the 90 minutes, I thought our defence switched of a bit in the last 10 minutes and that was the only time Leeds looked threatening. [/quote]

Spot on. The commentator called it right when we saw the replay from behind the goal. They were all looking upfield expecting the ball to sail over their heads. Boys sunday Park mistake. WATCH THE BALL.