Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

beckfords goal

after watching the game i think the blame has to fall upon foster for the defeat, why on earth did he make the kick when the defence were walking away and had there backs turned, if that was theo that did that wed all be slating him as the worst keeper in history, yes foster made some fantastic saves but that was just stupid, we were drawing, with 2 minutes to go and he does that, why didnt he wait until the defence were ready and waiting.

in my mind foster lost us the point we deserved.

the guy made a mistake, but why on earth was Otsemobor staring into the middle distance? he could and should have prevented this.

Defenders should always turn & face...basic stuffYes Forster''s kick was poor but Semi should''ve been paying attenttion...lack of concentration & ability to do the basics from 2 players has cost us a decent, well-deserved point 

yeah it was a mistake but a costly mistake that couldve been avoided, semmy for all hes worth couldnt of done anything about beckford as beckford is a superb striker who latched onto a stupid error by foster, sorry but it wasnt semmys fault for the goal it was fosters,

[quote user="Eddie 17"]Defenders should always turn & face...basic stuffYes Forster''s kick was poor but Semi should''ve been paying attenttion...lack of concentration & ability to do the basics from 2 players has cost us a decent, well-deserved point  [/quote]

basic goalkeeping when defenders are moving away from goal dont kick it until there watching, simple as,

Agree it was all down to Forster who also compounded it by running out either too late or too early depending on your view. He either needed to get out of the box and do the "professional " job necessary to prevent a goal or leave it late to let Semmy get back more and still be charging at Beckford when he was sizing up to shoot not stood still near edge of box.As a keeper I am afraid you only need one mistake and all the brilliance earlier is forgotten. Consistency is the key word, now as Theo knows we will see if he buckles because the crowd will watch and see, he can not afford another one for some time now.As I said I think he could have retrieved it with better challenge either in or out box that for me makes the mistake even worse.

[quote user="gsr600"]yeah it was a mistake but a costly mistake that couldve been avoided, semmy for all hes worth couldnt of done anything about beckford as beckford is a superb striker who latched onto a stupid error by foster, sorry but it wasnt semmys fault for the goal it was fosters,[/quote]

what toss, of course he could have prevented it, Beckford looked average at best all night, or did I miss something?

[quote user="gsr600"]beckford out paced him, hes not a top scorer because hes average,[/quote]

I could outpace someone who is looking elsewhere! he was average tonight, we dealt with him easily, did you watch the game? do you fancy Beckford then?

[quote user="gsr600"]after watching the game i think the blame has to fall upon foster for the defeat, why on earth did he make the kick when the defence were walking away and had there backs turned, if that was theo that did that wed all be slating him as the worst keeper in history, yes foster made some fantastic saves but that was just stupid, we were drawing, with 2 minutes to go and he does that, why didnt he wait until the defence were ready and waiting.

in my mind foster lost us the point we deserved
.[/quote]Christ your a regular Sherlock arent you.And its Forster not Foster.

[quote user="gsr600"]beckford out paced him, hes not a top scorer because hes average,[/quote]how the f@&k did he outpace him when he had 10 yards on him to begin with, and in fact Semi caught up with him and nearly blocked the shot?

Looking at the goal again I''m not sure that Forster did the right thing in rushing out to Beckford.  It would still have had to have been a good finish to beat Forster had he stayed just off his line, but running out made up his mind for him.

At the time Forster kicked the ball Semmy and Beckford were near enough next to each other, one strolling down the pitch looking at nothing, the other keeping an eye on play. A bad kick by Forster, yes, but Semmy should have been watching the play because if he had I''m absolutely positive he would have got to the ball first.

The goal was a keeper mistake

Having said that I still think the whole defence takes some criticism for not really paying attention to play.

It certainly appeared that defence was walking away with no real interest on what Forster was doing and this with so little time to play All the hard work gone in a lapse of concentration.