Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Dockenbauer or Askou

Just throwing it out there. What did we think tonight? I thought first half especially that Askou looked an absolute nervous wreck. Second half they both looked OK until the lad on loan from Leicester came on and changed the game.If you were forced to choose between them who would you pick to partner our new *generic League One central defender 2009?* He doesn''t really exist [:$]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Just throwing it out there. What did we think tonight? I thought first half especially that Askou looked an absolute nervous wreck. Second half they both looked OK until the lad on loan from Leicester came on and changed the game.If you were forced to choose between them who would you pick to partner our new *generic League One central defender 2009?* He doesn''t really exist [:$][/quote]Askou was poor tonight - won nothing in the air, and was in a world of his own in the first half, allowing Leeds a couple of  free hits on goal from 20 yards. Anyone who thinks Doc made the team nervous tonight is clearly nothing more than a bit of a muppet who has it in for him. For all his faults, he had another great game tonight, and can''t be held accountable for either of the goals conceded, nor any other good Leeds chances that I can think of - did he even make a single mistake? Other than that penalty he was expected to give away of course...

[quote user="I.S."]Askou was poor tonight - won nothing in the air, and was in a world of his own in the first half, allowing Leeds a couple of  free hits on goal from 20 yards. Anyone who thinks Doc made the team nervous tonight is clearly nothing more than a bit of a muppet who has it in for him. For all his faults, he had another great game tonight, and can''t be held accountable for either of the goals conceded, nor any other good Leeds chances that I can think of - did he even make a single mistake? Other than that penalty he was expected to give away of course...[/quote]I think you''re spot on I.S. But more importantly, do you think ''Dockenbauer'' will catch on? Looking back I think the ''k'' is maybe unecessary and ''Docenbauer'' is better. How many other players have had nicknames after two of the greatest players of all time?

If any of you had any brains then it''s

Otsemobor you should be pointing the finger at....once again. That

said, if Doherty hadn''t been so obsessed with wrestling rather than

defending, the first goal may have never have happened

[quote user="Bundy"]If any of you had any brains then it''s Otsemobor you should be pointing the finger at....once again. That said, if Doherty hadn''t been so obsessed with wrestling rather than defending, the first goal may have never have happened.
[/quote]

On tonight''s showing the person most obsessed with wrestling in our box was Holt.  The Doc looked mysteriously out of sorts with very little of the grappling he is famous for.  Thought Askou was patchy tonight but had his good moments as well.  Semmy did quite well going forward but came up short again with his defensive duties.  Can''t see him playing once Spillane is fit.

I struggle to accept how severe some of the criticisms are, and that in many cases they seem to be based on a dislike for a player rather than their performances. None of our defenders are top class hence why they are playing for us in THE THIRD DIVISION. They all have weaknesses and make mistakes however their current form is reasonably good, with Doc and Askou probably the best at the moment. Drury seems to escape a lot of criticism but he gave the ball away needlessly and cheaply at Elland Rd and was lucky that these did not lead to goals. He is arguably the defender least playing to his capabilities. Several things throughout the whole team led to us not getting a win over Leeds, despite a generally good performance, and unfortunately a bad mistake and lack of awareness caused us to lose.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="I.S."]

Askou was poor tonight - won nothing in the air, and was in a world of his own in the first half, allowing Leeds a couple of  free hits on goal from 20 yards. Anyone who thinks Doc made the team nervous tonight is clearly nothing more than a bit of a muppet who has it in for him. For all his faults, he had another great game tonight, and can''t be held accountable for either of the goals conceded, nor any other good Leeds chances that I can think of - did he even make a single mistake? Other than that penalty he was expected to give away of course...
[/quote]

I think you''re spot on I.S. But more importantly, do you think ''Dockenbauer'' will catch on? Looking back I think the ''k'' is maybe unecessary and ''Docenbauer'' is better. How many other players have had nicknames after two of the greatest players of all time?
[/quote]

Why stop there. How about MaraDocna?  We Americans could call him Landon Docnavon. Christians could pray to GoD for a win. Evolutionists could credit Charles Docwin instead. Obviously this means he (Dork) is the best player we''ve ever had. Certainly better than Justin Fashadoc, Ted DocDougall, Martdoc Peters or Gary Doherty. Whoops, that last one doesn''t fit in with my sarcasm.  

eh? our defence was spot on tonight apart from 3 parts, semmi not getting to johnson (goal 1) forsters SHIT!!! kick out at the end! and 1 hesitation that let beckford through from Doc. Askou won EVERY header he went for, and Doc did a steady job, Drury played well enough and got his ''tactical'' booking spot on, hell even semmi looked unusually assured, yet like wn unruly class, when the naughty kids behave, some of the others start to play up, shame it wasn''t a complete 11 man show today, since Hoolahan, Rusty, Hughes and Holt passed that test with flying colours! Perhaps it''s time we had a sweeper at goal kicks though!

[quote user="Bundy"]If any of you had any brains then it''s

.[/quote]If you had any brains then you would look at more than just one player to blame. Yes his marker beet him to the ball for the goal but other than that where did Semi go wrong?In fact he helped stop Beckford a couple of times and along with Drury got forward well to support wing play when it happened.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Askou won EVERY header he went for,[/quote]You''re joking aren''t you?!

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Bundy"]If any of you had any brains then it''s

.[/quote]If you had any brains then you would look at more than just one player to blame. Yes his marker beet him to the ball for the goal but other than that where did Semi go wrong?In fact he helped stop Beckford a couple of times and along with Drury got forward well to support wing play when it happened.[/quote]I''d forgotten that actually. Otsemobor did indeed stop a certain goal with some brilliant covering of the CBs. I really don''t see what the fuss is about. He was good. As were the whole team, with Lappin being my pick for the slightly weaker performance.Re Dockenbauer... It''s brilliant!

Askou is good in the air but he got caught out of position and played them onside on several occasions last night. A couple of them we got away with as they weer flagged offside when they probably weren''t.