Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Were in a good position...

Forgetting last night (which lets face it is probably the hardest game of the season now gone) were in a good position with a little over a quarter of the season gone...We can now really push on and cement ourselves firmly in the play-off picture this side of christmas, I believe our squad is just about big enough to cope with injuries and suspensions (although a new right-back wouldn''t go a miss) and many teams will stutter as suspensions and injuries kick in..Then providing we have a fairly solid base at christmas we can then hopefully submit an assault on the top two post-Janaury, for me Leeds have too bigger squad and a quality manager in Grayson as well as the funds if needed to slip up, the same cannot be said about charlton. Without jonjo shelvey who is clearly a quality player I wasn''t totally convinced they have enough to stay where they are, so in the meantime let''s beat swindon saturday then take it from there!

to be in with a shout of second, I think we need to be looking at 13 points from the next 5 games. That would take us up to 32 points from 18 games. A good platform to try and push on to the 2 points per game mark and auto promotion. At the moment our projected points tally is 67 points, not even enough for playoffs (although obviously our start was very poor).

taking away the bad start, under Lambert we have 18 points from 10 games... over the course of a season that averages around 82 points... the poor start may well be the thing that stops us from getting automatic promotion.

Under Lambert, great record so far, great football... fully confident considering the position we are in and if you look at the teams coming up after Swindon (stockport, tranmere, Southampton (albeit the point reduction), brighton are all lingering in the bottom 6-8 teams) we are capable of getting a bucket full of points in the next month or two.