Sign in to follow this  
Mr Carrow in the City Stand

Are Worthy and the Board having a laugh ??

Have I got this right ? We wait 9 very long years to get into the Premier League but then in the summer and January transfer windows we won''t be able to get a half decent striker to give us a chance of staying up ??

If that really is the message coming out of the club''s spin today then they need to know that it''s weak and unacceptable. Why don''t they just fly a white flag over Carrow Road now ? The Board are in danger of being far too timid for us to live in this League.

- We couldn''t get a striker in summer 2003 or 2004. Why not ? Why was £750k wasted instead on Gary Docherty ?

- Huckerby was only signed last Christmas after a lot of anguish but  has repaid this bit of ambition in full. Why can''t we try to do the same this year ?

-  Harry Redknapp knows a bit about survival and Southampton are selling Beattie to fund new signings. We could also wheel and deal with Green in the January window or even invest in a player or two now, keep him and be ready to sell him in the summer if we go down. Where''s the problem in unloading a prime talent like Greeno or Francis then if we need to ?  

- Why is it better this season for the Board to spend £3million on a corner infill than on a striker or two to keep us in the League ?  The preference for bricks and mortar over players was Robert Chase''s undoing, inevitably led to relegation, and it took us 9 years to get back.

- The fans donated £1.2 million. Not many thought that the entire transfer kitty was down to them alone. If the fans had given nothing does that mean the manager would have had zilch ? If so he would be the only one in the League in this position.

- Mackay was unloaded for £350k. What has happened to that money ?

Please will the Board spare us the continued sob stories of ''we can''t afford this and we can''t afford that''. Instead can Doncaster and others take the time to  remind themselves and  everyone else that we have just had a £20 million windfall from promotion and the club owes the supporters a fair crack at staying there. Nobody expects them to be foolish and put the club at risk, but football has to involve SOME risk and ambition or whats the point of  competing at all  ?

If we  genuinely try to stay up and and fail so be it. But  not to really give it a real go by some decent strengthening of the team is unforgivable. The support for the team has been brilliant all season and that won''t change, no matter what, but it is desperate to see the players trying to compete when everyone can see the team needs  the injection of  extra quality up front Worthy is talking about. Anybody who was at Middlesbrough could see the urgent need to give the team a boost so lets stop whining about it and for once just do it.

Neil Doncastor and co the next Robert Chase!! we don''t need a bloody big stadium we won''t a half decent team!! if we go down we won''t fill it any way because all the cockroaches will go back to there crannys!

i think you are being unrelistic the board will not get the club in danger.

i think 750k on doc was a good buy.a good solid defender who is getting better every game.

huckerby signed last christmas because he wanted to come and play for norwich ,its no good signing someone who dont care about norwich hucks does.

we all know that green will go as for saying selling francis you are not helping the team keeping in the prem by selling one of you best players. we need to keep him if we go down to bring us back up.

how do we know that spending £3 million on a striker will keep us up !the infill is to get more people in and more tickets sold and more money through the gate.and get the disabled fans a  better view.

mackay money poss gone on johnson ,helveg,doc wagers .

donation by the fans 1,2m was what the board said would be for transfers.

and finally the 20million we dont get it all at once

and no the board and worthy are not laughing.

come on you yellows

the infill will not be filled up next season because everyone will go!!

Doherty is crap and makes mistakes every week!! 750 k for that!!

Helveg Jonson are a waste of money!!

Worthington has know transfer sens and waited all summr for Primus and in the end bought Doherty.

i could keep us up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great post,It says everything that I am feeling now.
No money to spend? what a laugh If the ambition of the city board go''s as far as "well we got up there and gave it there best shot" they should all hold there heads in shame.
I for one minute do not expect them to break the bank as the future of our great club has to come 1st,but there is a difference between spending money or just bloody lying down and dieing.
The next thing they will be asking is for us to buy our season tickets early for next season and asking us to gamble that we cling on to our premership status,well the way I feel now is if the board don''t feel like a gamble then nor do I!!!!!!!!!!
I will pick & choose my games because if they think the sold out signs will be out for most games in the fizzy league then they have got to be mad,25000 for the likes of Crewe,brighton and stoke I don''t think so.
Rant over,sorry.

We seem to be having the trial now ?

Yet the crime is not committed, judgement is being made though ,our Forum jury is already pondering a verdict.

Wait until January window is closed then we pen our collective conclusions based on actualities and not supposition and rumours.

Even 1st.Wizard is waiting patiently wand sharpened and crystal balls simmering ready to bust.

Feb 1st. this Forum will be buzzing one way or other with either conciliation or indignation. Wonder which ? 

Either way it will be very busy !  

Being realistic , they are £1.2 million is laughable for a supposed Premier League club .Any other side in this division in our predicament with injuries and lack of a striker would go out and spend some money , if they dont we are DOWN no doubts about it 15 points from the first half of the season , just about every other relegation candidate already having played at Carrow Road , a team that cannot score or keep clean sheets. With 2 or 3 decent signings this team could stay up ,with this board we most certainly WILL NOT.

I''m not exactly impressed by the clubs attitude either, I have supported this club through thick and thin for more than 30 years and in all that time have had to listen to them pleading poverty on several occasions. If u asked any genuine fan if they wanted to put the club at risk to try and stay up the answer would be no every time. But there is a difference in not putting the club at risk and being totally paranoid about spending money which I feel this club has now become. Ipswich only got into difficulty because they not only spent mega bucks on the stadium but also on players and probably blew between 20 and 25 million in a short space of time. The tv money has also increased since then and remember we also have 6 million from the land deal to come, in fact it''s fair to say that we will probably have an income of 10 million pounds more than they had from their stint in the prem. All in all we have probably spent in the region of 10 million max if u include the infill and pitch. There is something very wrong with the clubs policies if they can''t find another 3 or 4 million to add to the budget, we now have a couple of saleable assets in Green and Francis who will probably be sold if we go down raising yet more money. Before anyone says that the club have paid some of the debt off they have already said that NONE of the money was used to clear the debt as it is structured over a long term with affordable monthly repayments whatever division we are in.

your the one who has to wake up king of latvia!! we are going down because we have bought wasters!!! like Helveg and Jonson!! our scouts must be crap if they thought they woul be decent signing!! instead of keep sitting around and saying worthy will buy someone !! we must "stand up and be counted" and give this league ago and vent our frustration at the board!! we need to sell Greeno bcause he is not a necessarity!! before you say he will save us goals as i said before we can buy a decent keeper with the money we get from him!! Chris Weale who plays for Yeovil is just as good as Green (or even better) and will do the job for us for 300k!! then we can buy eterington,euell,henchoz and richards and then give this League  bloody good go!

Rant over !!!!!!!! On the ball city!!!!!!!!!!

[quote]Have I got this right ? We wait 9 very long years to get into the Premier League but then in the summer and January transfer windows we won''t be able to get a half decent striker to give us a chance o...[/quote]

And so say all of us!!!!!!

,IMO there is as usual a lot of tosh talked on these boards about the amounts of money in the coffers of  our club for player purchase etc.  Where it is dreamt up from I don''t know.  It''s been said before on a good year we loose £4million on gate receipts alone.  If you lot think that there has been false accounting, why not be brave and challenge the club in the courts for fraudulent accounting if you feel you have the necessary accounting skills, and misrepresentation of company funds.  After all this is what many of you are saying on these boards. 

If you know that the money is not there and you just want to spend what we don,t have, then it is no wonder that this country has per capita the largest credit card debt in the Western World and is rapidly moving this population into insolvency. 

Do you all not think, that if the money is there in the coffers, or likely to be available to spend in the very near future, Delia, with her undoubted love of our club would loan the club the capital to go out and buy the few players that are needed, as well as pay their enormous wages.  If it is there in the amounts that you say, I''m sure she would. 

Most of you say it is, so, if her knowledge of our financial situation is as you say it is, it would be just a matter of a no interest bridging loan from her, to solve all the player problems that many of you say exist.

It won''t be long before we hear the Cuckoo, me thinks.

midland canary its 31 dec 2004 ,for all we know worthy has got a top class striker lined up.if other clubs know that we have 5 or 6 million in the bank and we offer 2 million do you think they are going to except it ?no they will wait untill we up the price because we have the money.lets all just wait and see what happens.

then if we go down and no money spwnt then we can moan and groan.

come on you yellows

sack some of the 70 odd staff at carrow rd.that would save say £175.000.00 a year.then we could buy another piece of land. god iam fed up.

GRINNER SACK MEMBERS OF THE STAFF THEN YOU WOULD COMPLAIN THAT YOU WERENT GETTING SERVED QUICKLY ENOUGH AT THE BAR OR TICKET OFFICE.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

Well Aubrey I think we are agreed on the Happy New Year ! Maybe not so much on the wait and see. .........................

Following Greeno''s comments that it would be ''farcical'' for the Board not to allow funds to strengthen and Worthy''s comments today that he wants Ashton the best thing would be for Delia, Michael and Roger Munby to go and camp outside Gresty Road over the week end, sweet talk Dario,  and not come back to East Anglia without Dean Ashton in the boot of the car !!

Cheers for 2005 and lets hope for continued progress for this great club of ours.

The club has now completed the signing of Dean Ashton for £3m. Far more money than any of us expected to be spent. They have proved once again that they can get the best players to come to the club.
I think that it is now time for most of the contributors to this post to apologise to Nigel and the board for the total rubbish that they have spouted.

Ha ha, quite right Jet. Reading through that was quite interesting. I''m sure several people would like to take their words back. Whether they will is a different matter.

I hate to get involved in this but Jet Heeled Front Man is spot on.

Sooooo many people on here bitch and snipe and whinge and moan and question every decision that is made, and every word that comes out of NCFC. Even though the statements they are questioning are usually bluffs!!

I propose in future - nobody pays any attention to Doncaster/Worthy''s spin. Then, the negative-boys wait until they''ve seen what the board are going to do. Once there is something to moan at, then I''m all for it.

But BEFORE the transfer window opens??! No, not good enough.

While people on here were shouting "why haven''t the board signed anyone yet", Worthington was off bringing us the best striking prospect in the country.

I guess the answer is yes, they were having a laugh.

Which generally rules out the need to apologise.

I was more than happy to congratulate the board yesterday, If the smokescreens had not been smokescreens I would still have been very dissapointed to say the least so in effect we were all right.

[quote]The club has now completed the signing of Dean Ashton for £3m. Far more money than any of us expected to be spent. They have proved once again that they can get the best players to come to the club. ...[/quote]

Ahem !

Did you notice the one that didn''t..........