Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Who thinks we missed Smith?

I thought Hughes did pretty well tbh, although he''s a different kind of player. I think last night would have been a real test for Korey and maybe the extra experience of Hughes was the better option. Having said that, Korey''s been terrific this season.

I think we missed him because if we''d have started with two of Smith, Russell amd Hughes the third would have been on the bench and we wouldn''t have lost the midfield in the last 15 minutes.

would of been the ideal candidate to bring on for Holligan thus shoring things up in the middle.... 4-5-1 would of shut leeds out late on!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]would of been the ideal candidate to bring on for Holligan thus shoring things up in the middle.... 4-5-1 would of shut leeds out late on![/quote]

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

WOULD HAVE

I think we missed Smith. None of our midfield really produced and driving runs at the defence. Neat passing from Hughes, Rusty and Wes, but no-one really dragged their back four out of position. Smith making runs through the middle combined with Wes and Holt would have been far more of a handful. Whoever said drop Lappin for Hughes is spot on for me.

I Think Hughes Performed Better As The Game Progressed But I Think We Missed Smith, He Normally Always Goes The Full 90minutes In A Game, Whereas Hughes Looked Like He Was Going To Fall Down In The Last 5 Minutes!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think we missed him because if we''d have started with two of Smith, Russell amd Hughes the third would have been on the bench and we wouldn''t have lost the midfield in the last 15 minutes.

[/quote]

Spot on Nutty... [Y]

Failing that Smith could also of played Right Back and as many people are pinning blame on Ostomobor maybe that would of been an option?

I find it hilarious that Lambert was claiming we had too many central midfielders during the week, but in Smith''s absence he obvioulsy felt that what he had on the bench last night was not good enough to bring on until Matty Gill delighted us with his Pub Footballer skills for the last 2 mins of injury time.

The midfield were good last night. We missed spillaine at right back. also, drury got caught well out of position a few times on the left. i rate drury this season but i think we need to balance out the leftback position with someone that can come on with pace.defence needs strenghening in january.and sell otsemobor !