Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Jermaine Beckford Vs Doc.

It''s sad, but predictable, that there are people tonight hoping that a

number of our players, and one player in particular, have a bad game tonight so

that it might advance their own personal message board agendas.Away from home against a team who have dropped hardly any points all season and scored plenty of goals, the odds are we will concede tonight.  That''s part of football.  You just take it on the chin and try to score more than the opposition.And you can bet if City do keep a clean sheet tonight, this thread will die a lonely and quiet death, free from apologies or admissions that perhaps someone got it wrong.Sometimes you have to stop and ask yourself what kind of supporters these people really are.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It''s sad, but predictable, that there are people tonight hoping that a

number of our players, and one player in particular, have a bad game tonight so

that it might advance their own personal message board agendas.Away from home against a team who have dropped hardly any points all season and scored plenty of goals, the odds are we will concede tonight.  That''s part of football.  You just take it on the chin and try to score more than the opposition.And you can bet if City do keep a clean sheet tonight, this thread will die a lonely and quiet death, free from apologies or admissions that perhaps someone got it wrong.Sometimes you have to stop and ask yourself what kind of supporters these people really are.[/quote]It''s a disgrace. Even when we''re on good form some "people" want us to fail. Why? What is the purpose of this?For Christ''s sake get behind the team and show some passion for once in your life!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Only one winner here. Give the man a carrott.[/quote]

That would make a nice change from giving him stick.
[/quote]

I actually said Doc was the winner [;)] Sadly for the wrong reason [:(]

For the record - apart from the last 5 minutes, Doc had Beckford in his pocket.  And when Beckford did score, it was because of a horrendous blunder by Forster which gave the defence no chance to get back and cover.

Agreed Chopsy, I thought the whole back line looked good, infact the team, but we have to learn that when we are top of a game, we need to punish them, it''s now a game of if onlys.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Agreed Chopsy, I thought the whole back line looked good, infact the team, but we have to learn that when we are top of a game, we need to punish them, it''s now a game of if onlys.[/quote]Yes - I thought Semi was poor and Russell & Martin were average tonight but the rest of the side played very well, Hughes in particular (our Hughes) and Holt were very good. 

[quote user="First Wizard"]Yeah, Doc was okay tonight, but he just makes me nervous.[/quote]And where was your man Cureton? Scoring the winner, or warming the bench? Askou was very poor tonight, Otsemobor very poor defensively - okay going forward, but still an absolute liability. Doc AGAIN did not make a single mistake, very unfortunate to be on the losing side tonight. But honestly, for such a great header of the ball, Askou wins very few challenges in the air.

Wizard, you talk rubbish, Doc was our best defender tonight.  Askou was average, Semi was again rubbish and Doc was covering for him most of the time.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Yeah, Doc was okay tonight, but he just makes me nervous.[/quote]

Take an asprin before you go to bed and dream a lovely dream of young Jamie Boy.

LOL

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Yeah, Doc was okay tonight, but he just makes me nervous.[/quote]

Take an asprin before you go to bed and dream a lovely dream of young Jamie Boy.

LOL

[/quote]And try to keep a clean sheet.

There was one run by Beckford, around the 13th min., when Doc.seamlessly shepherded the player away from goal & made him look like a petulant choirboy. Delicious.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricardo"]

LOL

[/quote]And try to keep a clean sheet.[/quote]I never say this, but  ...........            LOL!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]
And you can bet if City do keep a clean sheet tonight, this thread will die a lonely and quiet death, free from apologies or admissions that perhaps someone got it wrong.

Sometimes you have to stop and ask yourself what kind of supporters these people really are.

[/quote]

I agree Mister. While City fans are looking to support their team in a big game these folk on the message board are whiling away the hours between the meals on wheels deliveries by having a pop at their favourite scapegoats[:O] First we had the thread about how Bristol Rovers were going to turn Doc inside out. Now this one about Beckford and Doc.

While many of these "fans" will now claim to be joking the truth can still be found in the threads immediately after Lambert dropped Doc.

For the record I still think it''s likely that Doc and possibly Hoolahan will be gone in January. That should please these couch potatos but how many other fans are relishing that happening[:^)]

The Doc did a good job bar the last 10 minutes. Even then Beckford has shown why he''s still in league 1 and unlikely to ever make the grade permenent above this league.

I thought personally that Semmy had one of his better games, and that the back five in general, kept Leeds pretty quiet for a lot of the night. Shame about Forster but these things happen, seemingly a lot to Norwich

[quote user="Fellas"]The Doc did a good job bar the last 10 minutes. Even then Beckford has shown why he''s still in league 1 and unlikely to ever make the grade permanent above this league. [/quote]Can''t be arsed to search too deeply, but I don''t recall too many people pointing out how massively over-rated Beckford is prior to this post!This was my second ever watch of him and I was completely under-whelmed. Piss poor control and not lethal by any stretch of the imagination… "his winner" actually came courtesy of a Semi deflection, without which Forster would have gathered comfortably. He has speed and that really is about it… he reminded me of an incredibly poor man''s Andy Cole.Given the choice of Holt or Beckford, Holt every day of the week!

Something that pees me right off is that nobody has the balls to retract any of these defamatory comments. Week after week we''re assured as to how Doherty will give away lots of penalties, free kicks & fouls, and how he won''t be able to cope with X or Y player. And does it ever happen??? No!And does anybody put their hands up and say "fair play, I called that wrongly"? No! They just hang on to the hope that he''ll make a blunder soon (like all centre backs do) then they can say I told you so. Very annoying. "He just makes me nervous". Who cares??! You''re not in the team!!

[quote user="Mook"]Something that pees me right off is that nobody has the balls to retract any of these defamatory comments. Week after week we''re assured as to how Doherty will give away lots of penalties, free kicks & fouls, and how he won''t be able to cope with X or Y player. And does it ever happen???

No!

And does anybody put their hands up and say "fair play, I called that wrongly"?

No!

They just hang on to the hope that he''ll make a blunder soon (like all centre backs do) then they can say I told you so. Very annoying. "He just makes me nervous". Who cares??! You''re not in the team!!
[/quote]

Fair play to Doc, I called it wrong.[:$]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="missing in action"]i as right about semi. :s[/quote]

You as nort right aboot speling, thutz fer sher.

[/quote]ha. yes you are very right (im going to blame the keyboard)

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="missing in action"]i as right about semi. :s
[/quote]

You as nort right aboot speling, thutz fer sher.

[/quote]
ha. yes you are very right (im going to blame the keyboard)
[/quote]

I took me a while to figure out you had missed the ''w'' in was. So just a typo. We all make those.