Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Jermaine Beckford Vs Doc.

It''s nice to see a thread about the Doc. He barely gets a mention on this message board.

Nah that''s Becchio.Good to see the weekly "Insert random striker''s name" vs Doc thread is still alive and well. I seem to recall Bristol Rovers were going to slaughter us because he was playing.

Why single out the Doc?

I''m worried about Beckford being against any of our defenders, he is a very good striker.

Getting the blame in before the game has started is very very low.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Nah that''s Becchio.Good to see the weekly "Insert random striker''s name" vs Doc thread is still alive and well. I seem to recall Bristol Rovers were going to slaughter us because he was playing.[/quote]Yeah, i''m pretty sure Wiz pointed out we were doomed because of the pace of their attack.....Was that 4 or 5-1, Wiz? [:)]

And if we''re going down that road, why not Beckford vs Askou? I mean seeing as Askou is just an inferior version of Doc...Actually Beckford will certainly cause problems, he''s just a very good striker at this level and everybody will have to be on top of their game to deal with him.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]And if we''re going down that road, why not Beckford vs Askou? I mean seeing as Askou is just an inferior version of Doc...

Actually Beckford will certainly cause problems, he''s just a very good striker at this level and everybody will have to be on top of their game to deal with him.
[/quote]

I would dispute that Doc has even got a top of his game!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yes but you would wouldn''t you?[/quote]Whilst at the same time maintaining Jamie Lad is a top-quality striker, who is just going through a bit of a sparse patch. You couldn''t make it up could you...?

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Jamie lad v any sunday league defender

we are dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

[/quote]

typo corrected.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yes but you would wouldn''t you?
[/quote]

We all have our favourites, and he ain''t mine. I take comfort that tonight Lambert will again see what a weakness he is to the defence...........then its bye bye Doccy.

Hell, if others were fit, we wouldn''t even be discussing this!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yes but you would wouldn''t you?[/quote]

We all have our favourites, and he ain''t mine. I take comfort that tonight Lambert will again see what a weakness he is to the defence...........then its bye bye Doccy.

[/quote]What, like Nelson you mean? Wiz, you''re a bit of a character, but if you think we have a squad full of injured CBs better than the Doc then I worry for you, I truly do.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What, like Nelson you mean? Wiz, you''re a bit of a character, but if you think we have a squad full of injured CBs better than the Doc then I worry for you, I truly do.
[/quote]

Rally IS?

Nelson and Spillaine are Lamberts preferred pairing...............mine too.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What, like Nelson you mean? Wiz, you''re a bit of a character, but if you think we have a squad full of injured CBs better than the Doc then I worry for you, I truly do.
[/quote]

Rally IS?

[/quote]

As centre backs? WTF... Doc & Askou is our best option with Spillaine at Right back ahead of Semmy... Nelson is a poor mans Doc!!

So you question whether Doc has a top of his game then Wiz, funny that in much the same way i question whether you''ve got a top of your head because there seems very little evidence of a brain being contained in there.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Having already shot himself in the foot by starting the thread Wiz now reloads and takes aim at the other one!  Wiz you are priceless, thank you and never change [:D]

David Pleat

Glenn Hoddle

Mick McCarthy

Nigel Worthington

Peter Grant

Glenn Roeder

Have all seen something in Doc to play him at a much higher standard than Beckford has ever played. .

[quote user="Larry David"]

David Pleat

Glenn Hoddle

Mick McCarthy

Nigel Worthington

Peter Grant

Glenn Roeder

Have all seen something in Doc to play him at a much higher standard than Beckford has ever played. .

[/quote]

Surely quotes like yours Larry only validates what 1st Wizard is trying to say! Hardly a dream team of managers there!

I was wondering when the wiz would continue his "wise before the event" nonsense.  It''s a win win for him really.  If we win and doc has a stormer, then this will get forgotten about.  If we lose due to a free kick or pen which sky will show for Doc holding (1 pen in 6 starts and 3 sub appearances so far this season) then wiz, sorry, Dave, can bang on forever about his third eye.  Or something.

Doherty will keep Beckford quiet all night. He (Beckford) doesn''t perform in ''big'' games half the time anyway, so I''d back Doherty to have him sorted.

Russel should be able to control Howson as well, and with no Snodgrass and Becchio, I actually think we can win tonight.

Snodgrass is a massive player for Leeds, as is Becchio, so if we keep Beckford and Howson out of the game (and if our key players - Holt, Russel, Hoolahan - are fit) we will get a result.

2-1 is my prediction. Hoolahan and Doherty, with Beckford scoring a late consolation.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yes but you would wouldn''t you?[/quote]

[/quote]What, like Nelson you mean? Wiz, you''re a bit of a character, but if you think we have a squad full of injured CBs better than the Doc then I worry for you, I truly do.[/quote]

Rally IS?

[/quote]Really Wiz?Do you have any evidence that they are his current preferred pairing? Or are you, in fact, just passing your opinion off as fact? Perhaps they were his preferred choice at some point, but surely not after our recent defensive record.