Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Hawkings Football Boots

When will a norwich manager learn never to play otsemobor

Hes so bad. he cant defend from corners, the last 3 we conceded were his fault and its no coincidence that we last 600 odd hours without conceding from open play and then he comes back to spoil it. The last game he played we conceded two. He was a big part of our downfall last year too. he had 1 yellow card for the season which shows how many tackles he made, he just stands off and lets players beat him. if he didn''t have pace to make up for his errors he wouldn''t even get in a sunday league team. I dont know what was wrong with smith but i hope he or spillane are fit for saturday if not francombe has to play.

Semmy''s so hit and miss but the main problem is as you said he just doesn''t think, Johnson should never have been allowed that header. I remember Semmy being at fault for at least one of Charlton''s goals in a similar manner.

He''s too big of a risk for us to continue with IMO, I''d rather see Spillane or a loan as I don''t think Francombe is quite up to 1st team footy yet.

How can you say that ? the general consensus of opinion on here is that "Lambo" can do no wrong, can make no mistakes and is tactically superb yadda yadda yadda. Of course, that''s nonsense and I agree with you entirely. Whenever Otsemeboor plays we are vulnerable on the right because he pushes forward so much and gets out of position leaving gaping spaces behind him. Think back to that Sunderland game, two of their goals were directly down to Semmy getting out of and staying out of position. IMO he was also to blame for last night''s killer goal. Had he stayed alert and been facing the goalkeeper he would have prevented the goal. More of a liability than the Doc IMO.

He''s the weakest link, does not concentrate, has no vision, and effectively cost Gunn his job as he should never have been selected before Spillane on disaster-day. At least Lambert was getting it right until Spillane got injured, and he must now surely be thinking of dropping Otsemobor in favour of Francomb for Saturday.   

[quote user="paul moy"]He''s the weakest link, does not concentrate, has no vision, and effectively cost Gunn his job as he should never have been selected before Spillane on disaster-day. At least Lambert was getting it right until Spillane got injured, and he must now surely be thinking of dropping Otsemobor in favour of Francomb for Saturday.   [/quote]

Cant disagree with you there Paul - the moment I saw Semmy on the pitch my heart sank.  He was woeful as usual apart from a couple of pacy runs - what he is s**t at is defending which I think is what his job is meant to be!!

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]How can you say that ? the general consensus of opinion on here is that "Lambo" can do no wrong, can make no mistakes and is tactically superb yadda yadda yadda. Of course, that''s nonsense and I agree with you entirely. Whenever Otsemeboor plays we are vulnerable on the right because he pushes forward so much and gets out of position leaving gaping spaces behind him. Think back to that Sunderland game, two of their goals were directly down to Semmy getting out of and staying out of position. IMO he was also to blame for last night''s killer goal. Had he stayed alert and been facing the goalkeeper he would have prevented the goal. More of a liability than the Doc IMO.[/quote]Are you somehow trying to blame Lambo for playing Semmy?What other choices did he have available to him?  Korey and Spillane out injured.   No other experienced RB at the club.   Lambo didn''t make a mistake by playing Semmy, he just simply had no other choice.  I reckon Korey would have been in with a shout for the RB job last night had he not got a late injury.   One bit of potential good news though,  anyone else notice Semmy limping right at the end of the game?  Hopefully that will spur Lambo into the market for a months loan until Spillane comes back.

So we lose and its back to finding the scape goat and who we can stick all the balme on, Semmy was not at fault for leeds second goal!!!! It was forsters (sp?) fault with his aweful kick before the defense were ready for it, they were still moving, and it wasnt only semmy that had his back to the keeper, you might find that the whole defense were like it.

And why dont we look at some of the positives he was well position in the first half anf recieved the ball in acres of space i believe he actully was in all this space to create for the first goal, with time to pick lappin out who wipped in the cross for Holt to score, but no lets blame him for everything shall we, at least he attempted to get back and prefent the goal. Unlike the rest of the defense.

So lets stop all this lets bash certain players when we lose.

He can''t cross either. When he did get forward his crosses were so poor and behind the forwards and flat on the ground. Surely one of the midfielders can do a better job at right back than him.

[quote user="Here We Go"]

So we lose and its back to finding the scape goat and who we can stick all the balme on, Semmy was not at fault for leeds second goal!!!! It was forsters (sp?) fault with his aweful kick before the defense were ready for it, they were still moving, and it wasnt only semmy that had his back to the keeper, you might find that the whole defense were like it.

And why dont we look at some of the positives he was well position in the first half anf recieved the ball in acres of space i believe he actully was in all this space to create for the first goal, with time to pick lappin out who wipped in the cross for Holt to score, but no lets blame him for everything shall we, at least he attempted to get back and prefent the goal. Unlike the rest of the defense.

So lets stop all this lets bash certain players when we lose.

[/quote]

It''s not a case of finding a scape-goat but analysing the reasons why we conceded the two goals and what we could have done to avoid them. The first was completely Semmy''s fault and the second we probably would not have conceded if Semmy had been watching the goal-kick as he would have been quick enough to get to that ball. He simply has too many lapses that until we get a reliable RB we risk any chance of a top-two finish.  Either he improves or we get rid, but I fear that he has now had too many chances and will never improve. I always sadly fear the worst when he is selected and my nightmares have come true in every game he has played recently.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="paul moy"]and effectively cost Gunn his job[/quote]There can be no bigger praise for him than that.[/quote]

Haha priceless.

When they are given some money to spend to buy a replacement I would guess.

Lambert has tried to sign Dan Seaborne in an attempt to free up Spillane for that Right Back spot.  Of course we then have Korey to fill in their if needs be, but as Korey is likely to be played in midfield if fit that would still leave us short of cover at Right Back.  Until our woeful board of directors support Lambert & Co in the transfer market then we will have to put up with the likes of Ostomobor costing us points I''m afraid.

I have to agree with Smudger the board need to start putting the money that is so desperately needed in to the playing squad now when we are looking good not when the shit hits the fan but when we know where its is needed and can help maintain a healthy upward curve! Not throw some money in at the last minute to tr and save themselves from humiliation and another relegation!

Back lambert or pack ya fish slice and sell up!!

I think Seaborne is a lefty (no not as in labour party) i might be wrong though. It isn''t a case of trying to find blame for losing it is pointing out a serious issue that has been constant in our norwich team since semi came in. Semi was out of place on other occasions when luckily leeds didn''t score. On the first goal semi was at fault... but you could also say that where was our 6 ''6'' keeper? On his line.

I have to disagree with you Stephen... I thought that Ostemobor played well last night and carried a massive threat when he ran with the ball. It kept the Leeds lefthandside very quiet. For a guy who has not played in a week or so, his work rate was very good. Yes he makes mistakes, and no he is not the long term answer, but last night was one of his better games IMO.

How can you say Semi wasn''t at fault for their secomd goal?

OK, Forster was the main culprit but Semi had his back to the ball and

wasn''t watching play! Do''h!

How basic is that!!!!!

The main trick to EVERY ball sport is ''keep your eye on the ball''!!!!!!!!

Get him out!

OTBC!

Sometimes coming on these forums really depresses me at how short sighted and unneccessarily vitriolic some of the posters are.

I took two mates to Elland Road last night who don''t support City (one is a Burnley fan and one is a United fan) and both mentioned after the game that our right back played well, among the others who played well.

Instead of focusing on one mistake, lets look at the fact that for large parts of the game we were by far and away the better team. We used the ball well, created space down the flanks, we just lacked that cutting edge on the night. I''m by no means saying it was a perfect performance, but going to the league leaders where they haven''t been beaten at home for over a year and making them look average for most of the game is pretty damn good. I was proud of the boys, and I think the vast majority of the City fans who were there were as well.

I can''t wait til we get Leeds at our place, one for the fact that I think we''ll beat them, and two to show their fans what a full stadium looks like!

OTBC!

[quote user="The Chirp"]I think Seaborne is a lefty (no not as in labour party) i might be wrong though.

It isn''t a case of trying to find blame for losing it is pointing out a serious issue that has been constant in our norwich team since semi came in.

Semi was out of place on other occasions when luckily leeds didn''t score.

On the first goal semi was at fault... but you could also say that where was our 6 ''6'' keeper?

On his line.

[/quote]

Seaborne is a CB isn''t he?

By signing him I think Lambert was hoping to free up Spillane for the RB slot???

I read somewhere he was a lefty but the person who wrote that could have been wrong... therefore making me wrong too!Seaborne is a centre back though i am pretty sure!?!I don''t recall seeing him play. I very much trust Lambert''s opinion on players however. Can''t think of any bum signings he''s made... Sure CAM would beg to differ from his time in charge of the U''s though!