Sign in to follow this  
Mr Carrow in the City Stand

Doncaster and 'Prudent Ambition'

We heard a lot from Neil Doncaster over the summer about the Board''s approach to the Premier League being one of ''Prudent Ambition''. We don''t hear so much at all from him at the moment as he''s suddenly become so low profile as to be almost invisible. I wonder how ''prudent'' or ''ambitious'' the club has been since those great promotion days 6 short months ago.

Prudent ? Not really. A lot of the signings over the summer have been worse than playes they were supposed to replace. How many of us would think Helveg or Docherty have been more of an asset this season than Malky might have been ? Or have Bentley or Safri been any better than Mulryne ? Or is Jonson even any better than a frozen out Rivers? At least I can remember Rivers running down the right wing, I can''t remember Jonson doing it once yet.  One thing we can be sure of is that all the new players are costing plenty more than those who played last year. Can''t see its prudent to be paying big bucks for these players to hang around on the fringes of the squad and not have improved the team in the first third of the season.

Ambitious ? Hardly. Real ambition to stay up would have seen the signing of a half decent  goalscorer in August to strengthen the front line. Instead we say ''bye to Iwan Roberts and don''t strengthen the one area of the team where we needed it. Over the second summer running there was name after name of possible ''strikers'' but no real action. We couldn''t even ''afford'' Peter Crouch at £2million, who had made it clear he would have walked to Carrow Road if he could. We now hear that Nigel is looking at the January transfer window but this is far too late.

So I don''t see much prudent ambition in the management of the club, more an over caution that has rooted us at the bottom. Its disappointing to say the least,  after 9 years waiting to be promoted, to think we may not even be equipped to put up a real fight to come 17th. Most of us would have settled for that but not a season when our ''no win'' after 13 games is now in danger of becoming embarrasssing.

Are you still there Mr Doncaster ? And can you let us all know real soon if it''s still turning out as prudent and ambitious as you and the Board planned for us ?

Hey, Mr Carrow, I for one actually agree with much of the content of your posts - keep them coming as they do represent what many "realists" feel. I cut down on saying the things that you are saying because I got fed up with the vitriolic responses that they generated (especially from one myopic individual).

However, we have to live in the real world and too many people don''t want to be confused by the facts, and right now it is easy to see what the facts are

its all blag blag blag ... from the board... they have no money full stop .so what he ment was delias spending had to be prudent...

very prudent a team full of loan players who wont be here next season ,so obviously have no drive and no desire .

not only does the director of the club get wrecked and make her self look stupid and unproffesional at a game , bang on about investment in front of thousands of people that never happened.

she needs to get out quick , thanks for all your help board shut the door on your way out..