Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Shut up Gunn

Stop using Sky as means to indirectly have a dig at the club. How do you know you would have got us in the play offs. You don''t because you were sacked for being a f*****g disaster.

Good call mate, im fed up hearing he got sacked after 2 games, he didnt, he had 19 games last season & his lack of tactical knowledge & man management got us to where we are now. Not to mention the money he pissed up the wall this summer, Whaley, Theo, Maric, Gill, Tudor-Jones, some of which were free transfers but lets face it they aint playing for free !

You''ve got to remember he was paid "good"money to appear on SKY last night and they asked him an opinion and he gave it.

The guy is a legend at this club but IMO was rightly replaced as manager , that said you and I or Gunny for that matter will never know how we would of done and will never be able to prove it either way.

If you don''t want to listen to his opinion then there is a mute button on most modern tellys!![:#]

Indirectly having a dig at the board, not necessarily the club.

Didn''t he say he wanted the club to do well, and wasn''t he meant to be out of his seat cheering us on?

Make no mistake we have a far better manager in position now than we did when Gunny was in charge ......... but please don''t be selective when you mention his ''poor'' signings.

We should at least give him credit for Askou, Holt, Hughes and perhaps, later, some of those you seem to have written off too early.

He wasnt having an indirect dig at the club, he was having a dig at McNally for the way his sacking happened, and what McNally said in the press after.

Gunny is right, he has kept his mouth shut and not spilled the beans to the news, which is professional of him.

[quote user="Largey"]

He wasnt having an indirect dig at the club, he was having a dig at McNally for the way his sacking happened, and what McNally said in the press after.

Gunny is right, he has kept his mouth shut and not spilled the beans to the news, which is professional of him.

[/quote]

Gunny probably got a good pay off,which means we brought his silence so he should respect he''s taken more money from the club for doing naff all. He was a joke as a manager, he had enough games last season to show his worth and in my opinion was a good goalkeeper and nothing more. If he was a legend he''d have realised he couldn''t take this club any further like Grant instead of just taking his nice wages and cushty position. He was an employee of the club and not the saviour like he thinks he was.

Irespect Mcnally as he did the right thing rather than the easy thing (like Delia and co).

He took us down last season and lost 7-1 in his only league game this season.  He should shut TF up.

I still dont think Gunn honestly realises that he would have still been Mr popular and Mr Norwich IF he had quit at the end of last season."Unlucky Gunny, you gave it a fair crack ! Thanks for putting your balls and rep on the line for us"we woulda saidNow we say "Effin Gunn, why did you not keep your dignety and ours and walk when we all ( and probably you even ) knew you shoulda !!! "

Shame really to see a club legend fall from grace, lesson to everyone to be learnt here i think !

Jesus christ. Gunn was appearing on sky. He was asked a direct question on where he thinks norwich would be with him in charge. What was he supposed to say? "Well it''s me, so i''d say bloody bottom". No. Exactly. Still a legend in my eyes, too many people forget the past and everything he has done for the club.

Regardless of his capabilities as a manager and the fact he did fail, Gunny deserves more respect than a lot of ignorant wankers are showing him. He has shown honour, dignity, respect and loyalty with our club. He had a bad 7months in over 22years (one way or another) with Norwich and has done more for us (unless you can tell otherwise) than the pricks who are quick to tell him to shut up. He has earnt the right to speak publicly unlike many who have the opportunity to air their views on this forum.

[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]Except that he hadn''t kept silent. He had already given one interview to Sky, some weeks ago, in which he criticised the decision to sack him and said he was bitter. And that was BEFORE McNally went public with his explanation of the sacking.We shall presumably never know, but it is perfectly possible McNally would have kept silent IF Gunn had done the same.

Whilst, of course sacking Gunn was the right thing to do I must confess that for a board to come out and bulletpoint a list of the outgoing manager''s shorfallings is fairly unprecedented in my recollection.

Even if these faults were to be true Gunn probably has a justified gripe with the club that they were made public as I would assume it must harm any future intentions he may have for getting back into management with other clubs?

I''m sure Gunn was asked by Sky after his sacking what he thought about it...he isn''t going to shrug it off as he was/is unhappy about it all.

He is more of a professional than most in his situation, the prima-donna''s gracing our leagues nowadays. I was happy to see him on Sky last night.

But surely the truth is that he was sacked for something more than being a total disaster of a manager.

I think Gunn would be advised to shut it, otherwise it could get even more embarrassing that it is now!!

I also don''t buy this Gunn loyalty to the club business. If he was loyal he would let this whole sad business lay to rest.

I thought what he said on Sky was fine last night, he ain''t going to say he was a crap manager and we would be mid table at best under him. He clearly still gives a damn about the club and was a great player for this club.

[quote user="hogesar"]Jesus christ. Gunn was appearing on sky. He was asked a direct question on where he thinks norwich would be with him in charge. What was he supposed to say? "Well it''s me, so i''d say bloody bottom". No. Exactly. Still a legend in my eyes, too many people forget the past and everything he has done for the club.[/quote]Totally agree,  people should get a grip.

Gunn had 19 games granted.. but lets face it the decision to sack him was probably being made before the colchester game...

so why did the club allow him all this time and money to sign the players that he did?!?!?! ok So Holt has done well, Hughes looks ok.. But Nelson, Whaley, Maric, Wiggins, McVeigh and Theoklitos were all Gunn signings... you can point the finger at Bryan as much as you want.... But the finger also has to be pointed at the board.. McNally included im afraid to say.. for allowing it to go on as long as it did in the summer...

Had we of got Lambert in Earlier would Leeds have been beaten by half time?

if we miss out on the playoffs by 6 goals or 3 points will that be Gunns Fault? Lamberts Fault? the boarts fault? or all their faults collectively....

Like Sky Said last night Lambert might just come to rue the 7-1.... McNally and the board might come to rue not having acted in the off season instead.

Gunn only answered the questions Sky asked.... he hasn''t gone public about it... something the club did choose to do.. who''s more professional?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Gunn only answered the questions Sky asked.... he hasn''t gone public about it... something the club did choose to do.. who''s more professional?

[/quote]I''m sorry, but how is appearing on Sky - some time BEFORE McNally said his piece - not going public? There was absolutely no doubt he was going to be asked about his sacking. That was the sole reason for wanting him to appear. Unless he is very stupid he must have known that. If he hadn''t wanted to be asked the questions all he had to do was to decline the invitation. There is no law that says you have to appear on television. But he did accept the invitation, and criticised the decision to sack him, and said he was bitter about it. That is going public.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Gunn had 19 games granted.. but lets face it the decision to sack him was probably being made before the colchester game...

so why did the club allow him all this time and money to sign the players that he did?!?!?! ok So Holt has done well, Hughes looks ok.. But Nelson, Whaley, Maric, Wiggins, McVeigh and Theoklitos were all Gunn signings... you can point the finger at Bryan as much as you want.... But the finger also has to be pointed at the board.. McNally included im afraid to say.. for allowing it to go on as long as it did in the summer...

Had we of got Lambert in Earlier would Leeds have been beaten by half time?

if we miss out on the playoffs by 6 goals or 3 points will that be Gunns Fault? Lamberts Fault? the boarts fault? or all their faults collectively....

Like Sky Said last night Lambert might just come to rue the 7-1.... McNally and the board might come to rue not having acted in the off season instead.

[/quote]

Can''t argue with any of that mate.

Gunn was an employee of the club and not a major shareholder like some seem to think. He traded his skills for dosh like alot of us and was paid for it very well. Reading his books I don''t get the impression that the loyalty was 100% from him.

I would have more respect if he said he wasn''t the right man for the job instead of being smug and saying he was the right man for the club.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Whilst, of course sacking Gunn was the right thing to do I must confess that for a board to come out and bulletpoint a list of the outgoing manager''s shorfallings is fairly unprecedented in my recollection.

Even if these faults were to be true Gunn probably has a justified gripe with the club that they were made public as I would assume it must harm any future intentions he may have for getting back into management with other clubs[/quote]

The board didn''t do that at all. They were asked why they sacked him, they replied that stuff was fundamentally wrong and they refused to mention any details. Presumably out of respect for Gunn.

Gunn on the other hand had already publicly criticised the club by this point, yet not said anything of note because, as we all know, the board have dirt on him if they wanted to share it, and he has none on them.

then thats poor management from the board if they decided that. to give the man a cotract and watch them do well in pre season and decide to sack him before a leauge game after letting him brinmng in his own players is nothing short of being crazy. its hardly surprising this club has declined to much over the last few seasons really.

He (Gunn) has had his say now, Sky won''t raise it again and BBC/ITV won''t be interested. Hopefully thats it, line drawn, everyone can move on...

Gunn clearly wants another job in football and will ultimately sever his ties with Norfolk as well-would think he wants to move on as well, and he can''t whilst he is stuck here still.

I thought all the hoo-ha and stick the club got when he was sack-and people in the media castigating the club and insisting it was only "after one game"-will now give Middlesborough some as well, Southgate, sacked, after a win and only a few points off the top, "that nice Gareth Southgate", but I won''t hold my breath.

Norwich, as a club, as far as most people are concerned who aren''t involved with us or support us, can either be ignored, patronised, or criticised. Nothing else.

I read some reports yesterday where the writers were wetting themselves over Leeds getting 19''000 at the game on Monday, 19''000, do us a favour, we''d have sold it out!

I wish someone at club had heeded my advice last season when I emailed them about my concerns along with a lot of other people.

You didn''t need a degree in hurricane prediction to realise which way the wind would be blowing at the start of the season.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I wish someone at club had heeded my advice last season when I emailed them about my concerns along with a lot of other people.

You didn''t need a degree in hurricane prediction to realise which way the wind would be blowing at the start of the season.[/quote]I remember being open-jawed when I found out he got the caretaker role, let alone a new contract at the end of the season. He was a useless manager, as Lambert is proving, and whilst it would have been more preferable to simply not renew his contract we don''t know the circumstances surrounding it. Either way, McNally came in and appointed his man, who has done well so far.