Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

RE: Holt injured

Well I must say I am pleased to see a lot of support for Gary, I too wish him a speedy and full recovery. I understand that people might be pleased to see other players get a go in the midfield slot that gary has made his own for years, but I think they should be a little more diplomatic in their comments.

I hope whoever replaces Gary or Damien do a great job but let''s have a little respect for injured players.

The guy may not be the best player on earth but her gives 100% every game and that''s worth something.

Yippee ! my ar*e Wizzard,  

[quote]Sounds awful but in a way it''s a good thing because it will force Worthy''s hand. Maybe now he''ll give Safri a go or keep the Helveg Mulryne combination that looks like it has potential. It''s often t...[/quote]

Not sure why Nigel never used Safri, of course we remember Nigel complained about his disciplnery record at the start of the season, or the first 45 minutes at Anfield really frustrated Nigel, but he can pass the ball and he can tackle, if no injury or other concern we did not know, Safri deserved a chance on the bench at least.

[quote]Meeky: If you actually fully read my post, i did indercate that i was sorry for holt. ITs just a pity the way he got dropped was throught injury. I mean you have to agree, hes played poor all season...[/quote]

I don''t agree Holt has played badly all season.  Even the Sunday Times ran a big article before the Man City game saying he''s one of the players that has adapted quickest to the Prem.  Alright, he''s had a few tough games but to see someone who works so hard for the club singled out when others around him have had some equally bad games really isn''t fair. 

And to see some rejoice at his enforced absence is crass in the extreme.

Come on Wizard, where are you? Please post a retraction or, if you must, an attempted justification. The Board awaits .......

I hope Holty gets well very soon, then goes and finds that wizard and kicks his ars*.

Life is all about taking chances and opportunities.  Some you make, some are made for you and same just appear in front of you.  Helveg now gets his chance.  Just like Holty took his chance to make something of himself in the army and then as a professional footballer.  How many people on this board have overachieved through guts and determination. 

I think you will find it is a team game... and not just the 11 on the pitch.

[quote]Wizard I''m going to put that comment down as misguided and made in the heat of the moment. It is highly disrespectful to a player who has worked incredibly hard for this club. Yes I can understand tha...[/quote]

Al Yellow/ Dblockbarclayboy, and virtually everybody else it would appear!.

This will be a very rare event. The silly old wizard, fully retracts his ''silly'' and puerile statement on Gary Holt.

I pondered long and hard last night about my ''bad tastes'' comments on GH, and yes, I should apologise for that. And I do.

I said Yippee, because at last I thought Helveg would get a fair run in the team. Whilst forgetting the terrible pain and discomfort Holt would be going through, and that is shameful of me. And of course I wish him a speedy return to fitness.

As for wishing piles on me, forget it, I''ve already been there, got the T shirt and preparation H ointment!. 

In closing, I shall watch my step very carefully in the future. And will wish Gary Holt the best for the future.

Please get well soon Gary!.

[quote]Al Yellow/ Dblockbarclayboy, and virtually everybody else it would appear!. This will be a very rare event. The silly old wizard, fully retracts his ''silly'' and puerile statement on Gary Holt. I pon...[/quote]

Well said Wiz !

Thanks Wizard, as I said I assumed it was the heat of the moment and no malice was intended. Good man for coming on here with a retraction.

I Have said all season that the only thing wrong with Gary Holt was Worthy - persistently playing him when he clearly needed a rest, both confidence and fitness wise. He has been a valuable member of the squad and I hope will continue to be so - I join with all other posters wishing him a speedy recovery

OTBC

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Herbert, I fucking hate you.... I swear I just stopped breathing!!![/quote]Exactly this, pretty funny though.