Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

RE: Holt injured

[quote]http://new.pinkun.com/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Homepage&itemid=NOED01%20Dec%202004%2015%3A01%3A23%3A297[/quote]

Broken heart for me...

[quote]Broken heart for me...[/quote]

Yippee, it worked!.

Sometimes I have to do unpleasant little spells, like this one.

Before you all moan at me big time, this was I''m afraid, done for the good of NCFC overall.

Now come on Thomas, make me proud!. 

yippe we got our wish wiz!!!!!

(not so good on holts behalf, poor lad)

I would like to see the Mulryne-Helveg partnership (safri on bench of course)

and then when damo comes back, ooh its going to be a hard one

[quote]Yippee, it worked!. Sometimes I have to do unpleasant little spells, like this one. Before you all moan at me big time, this was I''m afraid, done for the good of NCFC overall. Now come on Thomas, m...[/quote]

Should you and AJ really be posting things like this? Bearing in mind that we already know players read the board. Whatever our opinions on Holt''s form this season, he is now injured. Whether its a good thing or not is a moot point because he is still out. Some of us have made our opinions on Holt very clear this season which is fair enough, but having this debate again now is not only irrelevant but also distasteful.

Get well soon Gary.

hey , first post in pinkun. a norwich fan from malaysia.

don''t you think Safri should be given a run in the team? he''s a big guy and i think he can do a good job in the holding midfield role.

[quote]Yippee, it worked!. Sometimes I have to do unpleasant little spells, like this one. Before you all moan at me big time, this was I''m afraid, done for the good of NCFC overall. Now come on Thomas, m...[/quote]

You could wish it on someone if you want but don''t be a d**k. Holt''s injured himself playing for your club. Sounds like it''s painful and scary and he ended up in hospital.

Me - I''d wish him well.

While I have always preferred to see Francis paired with either Safri or Mulryne I still feel this is bad news, and I wish Holt a very speedy recovery. Holt is hardly the only city player who has found life tough going in the Premiership so far. It''s a shame that Worthy''s stubbornness not give the guy a rest and another player a chance in midfield has lead us all to be slightly relieved to see Holt injured. But with Francis injured too it leaves us worryingly short on ball winners.Their absence we show us just how good Worthy''s summer transfers were. He has no choice now but to play either Safri or Helveg, maybe both. Fingers crossed they rise to the challenge.

Poor scapegoat GH. Get well soon Gary, we will need you later in the season and I hope you forget the nastyness displayed by some NCFC fans.Nadhir, I don''t know if you''ve seen Safri in the flesh but he isn''t that big. In fact, he''s about the same size as mulryne and I don''t think he''s particularly quick.I say leave give him a try, because I think Helveg should replace Edworthy.

Poor sod.  Get well soon Gary.  Maybe it''s because of this his form has dropped, can''t be easy running with a bad chest area.  Although, if Worthy knew about this, why wasn''t he rested earlier and not just for the Southampton game?

[quote]hey , first post in pinkun. a norwich fan from malaysia. don''t you think Safri should be given a run in the team? he''s a big guy and i think he can do a good job in the holding midfield role.[/quote]

Assalamu aleikum, Nadhir!  Nice to see overseas fans getting involved - welcome ''on board''.

I like Safri a lot too and I think he could do a good job if Helveg turns out preferred in defence (which I perosnally think needs some changes). 

I agree with A1. These injuries are sometimes for the best. Take last year, At the start of the season we had Zemma Abbey and David Nielsen up front. If zemma didn''t get injured last season and if David Nielsen didn''t move back to Denmark  we would not have gone for the players we did. At the time we all thought S**T whats going to happen now. We all knew them two were not good enough, but thats all we had. But then came their replacements in the form of Hucks, Crouchie, Mckenzie and Svensson.

And the same thing is now happening. Francis getting injured is a big body blow as he was then getting to grips with the premiership but Holt has not been playing very well and  i think it''s going to be a long road back for Holt to get in the first team. As  we signed Safri, Helveg, Bentley, Jonson  in the summer and with Mulryne back to fitness we have good cover for the Midfield positions. This injury will now force worthy''s hand to what most of us have been saying for a long time, to drop Holt and play the players we signed in the summer. OTBC

i can''t believe the idiots who wish injuries on our players no matter how well or indeed bad he is playing, i think its sick.

it''s all well and good saying its for the good of the club he got injured etc bla bla bla, thats complete c*&p you should be ashamed of yourself.

i wish gary all the best and a speedy recovery and maybe wiz you can get a bout of piles or something you old fool

I can''t believe what I''m reading in some of these posts. There were so many posters who deplored the report on GH receiving hate mail in the post and here we are with several posters seemingly cheering because the poor guy''s got injured. Come on guys that just isn''t on.I wish Holty a speedy recovery. He''ll never get credit for the effort he puts in from some of the fans, but in a lot of cases he''s the only guy that just gets on and does the unfashionable stuff in midfield.As the Tom Smith character in Seabiscuit said, "You don''t throw away a whole life just ''cause he''s banged up a little."

hope gary recovers soon having rough time this season scottish fans norwich fans on his back hate mail now this injury  one of our unsung heroes now public enemey number one in some peoples books

Wizard I''m going to put that comment down as misguided and made in the heat of the moment. It is highly disrespectful to a player who has worked incredibly hard for this club. Yes I can understand that Holt is not the best midfielder in this league but he sets a fine example in professionalism and dedication to the cause, throwing himself into his job. The boo boys who have got into him this season both at club level and international level make me sick (I''m a Scotland fan too by the way). Quite frankly I''ve had a bad day, not stopped since 7am and then I have to read this kind of comment

Wizard please retract your statement............. 

I have supported this club for 30 years through thick & thin & Im disgusted by some of the posts that Ive read on here this evening, how can you wish injury on one of the most decent & committed players we have? WIZARD you for one should be ashamed of yourself, claiming credit indeed, I suggest you think back in your own recent past, misfortune can befall anyone, be it illness or injury. In future choose the posts for your undoubted humour a little more carefully.

get well soon GH  

Bad News for Norwich City, And a terrible blow for the man himself. Had this gone unnoticed it could have been alot more serious.

And as for the resident Gandalf Wannabe on this board, i always thought you were just a sanctamonious S**T, now i realise you''re just a S**T.

on the subject of the injury, i feel very sorry for holt, hope he gets better soon. regardless of what people say about it giving others a chance, that only rarely happens and i would prefer to have as many poeple challenging for a place as possible - it would seem that maybe,just maybe, worthy has seen that holt needed replacing

on the subject of people saying ''yippeeee'', i can tell it is a joke and not meant serioulsy,but at the same time it is extremely distasteful. a joke? yes

a funny joke? not really

Selamat datang Nadhir!

Just come back from Malaysia - my girlfriend is a Sabahan. Where are you? KL?

I''m a big Safri fan too. I hope he''ll get a run out this weekend v Fulham. Let''s see.

AJ and Wiz'' comments, if a little distasteful, were i''m sure meant in jest - obviously they don''t really wish ill on a man who gives 110% for Norwich City day in day out.

I can''t believe some of the stupid comments attributed to Gary Holt, has anyone thought the reason his performances have been slightly lacking is because he has been playing through a very serious injury.  This is why I personally would never criticise players because we don''t know the full story.  If anything its the Managers fault for asking players to play through the pain barrier.

I would never wish ill on a Norwich City player but.... Perhaps this will give Worthy the chance to mix it up.  Franny will be back in a week (trust me).  Maybe players like Mullers, Safri and Helveg will grab the chance with both hands.  It could make them try and impress and work overtime -> It could make us even better

Internal bleeding is a very serious business, the poor chap must feel very poorly and is likely to be so for quite a long while.

Unfortunately this could well be the end of his Norwich career, this is not a normal football injury more of a major illness and by the time he eventually recovers his place may have been filled permanently by others. I sincerely hope this will not be so and wish him as rapid a recovery as possible.

As regards to the "Yippeee" remarks I am sure that our two "senior" posters did not mean them the way that they came over and feel sure they will modify their remarks soon.

Meeky:

If you actually fully read my post, i did indercate that i was sorry for holt. ITs just a pity the way he got dropped was throught injury.

I mean you have to agree, hes played poor all season, but for some reason worthy does NOTHING . We norwich fans are always behind the boys whatever, and whenver we take the mick, or just get p**ed off with our players and come out with hateful comments, im sure on behalf of us all we dont mean it!!!

Thank you and goodnight!