Sign in to follow this  
mickey phelans tash

Why....

are we getting so carried away with 2-1 defeat at the hands of a not very good Leeds side. Ive heard rumours of an open top bus parade had we got a point. The same point Carlisle managed to get in a     1-1 draw at Elland Road not so long back. Yes we have made progress in winning games and the performance was OK but we still lost.    

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]

are we getting so carried away with 2-1 defeat at the hands of a not very good Leeds side. Ive heard rumours of an open top bus parade had we got a point. The same point Carlisle managed to get in a     1-1 draw at Elland Road not so long back. Yes we have made progress in winning games and the performance was OK but we still lost.    

[/quote]

What do you wants mate, blood?[:|]

because we should of done better. if we are going to go up automatically we need to get results at the decent league one sides. we should be beating teams like mk dons away from home,  and we are quite capable of beating leeds away. everything is in place (give or take a couple of positions on the pitch), we just need to grind out the away form.Last night WAS dissapointing. Theres nothing negative about that statement - its the truth.

We were beaten on the merit of one mistake, struth almighty. MK Dons kicked half our team off the pitch to beat us aswell.

We''re doing ok, you don''t win jack in October.

Leeds might not be great, but they are still the best side in the division. If we can compete against them we can compete against everyone.

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]beaten by 1 mistake?!?! you cant argue that you should have been at least 3-1 down at that point![/quote]

Erm we could also argue we should have been 3 or 4-1 up at that point as well. We had good chances, particularly the 2 in the first 15 minutes which seem to have been forgotten about!

not really, you didnt really create 1 major opportunity. Bottom line is for all the excitement around Norwich and the way they play you were beaten by a depleted Leeds side and for all your posession struggled to really test our goalkeeper.

Didn''t realise the 2 chances Hoolahan and Russell had were my imagination, anywhere else but at the keeper they''d have been goals and we''d have been 2-0 up and cruising.

[quote user="Lambo"]

Didn''t realise the 2 chances Hoolahan and Russell had were my imagination, anywhere else but at the keeper they''d have been goals and we''d have been 2-0 up and cruising.

[/quote]

Spot on Lambo.

Not to mention OUR key injuries!

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]not really, you didnt really create 1 major opportunity. Bottom line is for all the excitement around Norwich and the way they play you were beaten by a depleted Leeds side and for all your posession struggled to really test our goalkeeper.[/quote]well. martin got closer than vokes did all night. rusty had a shot saved twice by higgs, and holt missed a header. just as clear as you chances,

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]not really, you didnt really create 1 major opportunity. Bottom line is for all the excitement around Norwich and the way they play you were beaten by a depleted Leeds side and for all your posession struggled to really test our goalkeeper.[/quote]

Suppose your right. We didn''t have many shots but we still deserved to win the game. Your Leeds are a poor side, i was worried about last night but you couldn''t even pass. Anyway, any chance of his ip [:P]

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]not really, you didnt really create 1 major opportunity. Bottom line is for all the excitement around Norwich and the way they play you were beaten by a depleted Leeds side and for all your posession struggled to really test our goalkeeper.[/quote]

Suppose your right. We didn''t have many shots but we still deserved to win the game. Your Leeds are a poor side, i was worried about last night but you couldn''t even pass. Anyway, any chance of his ip [:P]

Whilst bleating about injuries! Poor poor you. You wouldn''t have scored at all against us if Spillane (injured) had been RB instead of Semmy and our keeper hadn''t gifted you one.

You can all bang on about how poor Leeds are/were and how well Norwich passed the ball around. Leeds dominated almost every game last season in a similar manner, we recorded almost 75% posession at Pride Park in the Carling Cup but lost 2-1, same old story! I know its a cliche but you get nothing for performances, this league is about points on the board. Granted you''ll beat most teams in this division with your movement alone but the better teams with the better defences will be able to hold you at bay. I noticed the other day you have a rubbish record against the other top 6 teams.

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]You can all bang on about how poor Leeds are/were and how well Norwich passed the ball around. Leeds dominated almost every game last season in a similar manner, we recorded almost 75% posession at Pride Park in the Carling Cup but lost 2-1, same old story! I know its a cliche but you get nothing for performances, this league is about points on the board. Granted you''ll beat most teams in this division with your movement alone but the better teams with the better defences will be able to hold you at bay. I noticed the other day you have a rubbish record against the other top 6 teams.[/quote]Ahem....Norwich City 5-1 Bristol Rovers.Colchester was a one off shocker, Charlton we so easily could have beaten but had to settle for snatching a draw at the end, McDons kicked us out of the game, and you beat us due to a ridiculous goalkeeping error.

Why......are so many Leeds fans keen to come on here and make excuses why they were the second best team on the pitch? If we sneaked a jammy win I''d take it and move swiftly on, not try and justify the unjustifiable. Granted, they played to the final whistle and took the result, but for a team who started the season as we did, I think they''re starting to look over their shoulders at us already.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Why......are so many Leeds fans keen to come on here and make excuses why they were the second best team on the pitch? If we sneaked a jammy win I''d take it and move swiftly on, not try and justify the unjustifiable. Granted, they played to the final whistle and took the result, but for a team who started the season as we did, I think they''re starting to look over their shoulders at us already. [/quote]They don''t have to, they bloody won.  Saying we were best but still we lost, does nothing for me.  Didn''t make me feel much better after the playoff final neither.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="EYEBALL119"]You can all bang on about how poor Leeds are/were and how well Norwich passed the ball around. Leeds dominated almost every game last season in a similar manner, we recorded almost 75% posession at Pride Park in the Carling Cup but lost 2-1, same old story! I know its a cliche but you get nothing for performances, this league is about points on the board. Granted you''ll beat most teams in this division with your movement alone but the better teams with the better defences will be able to hold you at bay. I noticed the other day you have a rubbish record against the other top 6 teams.[/quote]Ahem....Norwich City 5-1 Bristol Rovers.Colchester was a one off shocker, Charlton we so easily could have beaten but had to settle for snatching a draw at the end, McDons kicked us out of the game, and you beat us due to a ridiculous goalkeeping error.[/quote]

so thats 1 win in 5 then...? good argument!

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]You can all bang on about how poor Leeds are/were and how well Norwich passed the ball around. Leeds dominated almost every game last season in a similar manner, we recorded almost 75% posession at Pride Park in the Carling Cup but lost 2-1, same old story! I know its a cliche but you get nothing for performances, this league is about points on the board. Granted you''ll beat most teams in this division with your movement alone but the better teams with the better defences will be able to hold you at bay. I noticed the other day you have a rubbish record against the other top 6 teams.[/quote]

Am looking forward to your trip to our place already mate ... seldom have I heard such a cocky, arrogant, deluded and charmless bunch of ''fans!''

Don''t get too carried away ... being top of division 3 is nothing to get too excited about is it?