Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Gary Birtles !

Does anybody else feel this guys a complete idiot & does his best to just ruin a football league match on sky, he just seems like a complete idiot !!!

I know ITV don''t have too many fans on this message board for their football coverage, but I have to say the dirty digger''s outfit (Sky TV) are just as bad sometimes. Their 3rd Division match presentation is, at best, 3rd rate.

Yeah Birtles just has no idea what he is talking about, one Min it was how great Leeds are then we score and it''s i told you Norwich were great???????.

Got so Pissed of listening to him i turned sound off and listened to wife as even she knows more then that idot!!!

i used to work with this chap who''s a staunch united fan.. he was telling me that when Birtles played for united in the 70''s he was shocking!!!!!

apparantly UMYST university is named in his honour....

jas :)

What annoyed me most (apart from that we always lose when he

commentates on us) was last night the way he kept going on about Holt

and Naylor in the box, saying the ref should have given a pen to Leeds.

There was never anything in it and even a good 10 minutes later he kept

going back on about it.

Then of course there was the usual "SHOCKER, THAT SHOULD BE A YELLOW" shouted over every replay of a tackle...

Birtles is a cnut of the highest order.

I can only imagine he had his car broken into once in Norwich or some similar misfortune as he always seems down on us.

On a similar note, when they interviewed Naylor and played him as some sort of hero with his cut head. When in fact he just hurt himself trying to wipe someone out with no intention of playing the ball.

I couldn''t understand his insistance on Holt being punished with a penalty ignoring that Naylor pushed him away to make his run.

I''m surprised he said Grant Holt should have given away a penalty as usually he has a love in with anyone who has any previous connection with Forest no matter how bad they are playing.

I stopped paying any attention to Birtles a few years ago when he described a particular player as a great favourite with the Norwich fans who loved his great endeavour.

The player was...........

Andy Hughes  - at that time the subject of a number of threads on here asking if he was the worse ever City player.

That Birtles really has his finger on the pulse.