Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

IT WAS NOT SEMMY'S FAULT!!!

Im really pi$$ed off with the Semmy bashing.How the hell can anyone say it was his fault for the 2nd goal? Did nobody see Forsters kick? Oh dear he was looking the other way, because he fully expected a goal kick to fly over his head. It was Forsters mistake, his fault 100%. End of story.

You really don''t know much about football do you? Why was Beckford watching the kick? Was it in case there was a possibility of the kick not being as good as it should have been and there could be a chance for him?

And that is exactly the same reason Otsemobor should have been watching the kick!

While I am agreed that Semmy should have been paying more attention, I can''t see how anyone can blame him!!

Know one can rightfully claim that they knew Forster was going to mess up the kick. So how the hell would day dreamer Semmy know!

Forster needs to get onto the same kicking training the Rudd is on.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]You really don''t know much about football do you? Why was Beckford watching the kick? Was it in case there was a possibility of the kick not being as good as it should have been and there could be a chance for him?

And that is exactly the same reason Otsemobor should have been watching the kick![/quote]Pi$$ of of you toSSer. Ive played at a semi professional level and supported Norwich for 25 years.Ok if your gonna be picky then yes he should have been looking, but its still Forsters mistake and you cant blame Semmy for that.If your blaming Semmy then what, is Forster not to blame at all?

Semi should have been paying more attention but you can''t put all the blame on him for the goal, however you can blame him for the first goal we conceded. He misjudged the time of his jumpand got caught under their player. His fault for first goal but equally his and Forsters fault for the second.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]You really don''t know much about football do you? Why was Beckford watching the kick? Was it in case there was a possibility of the kick not being as good as it should have been and there could be a chance for him? And that is exactly the same reason Otsemobor should have been watching the kick![/quote]

What institution are you in?..........it must be good to allow you internet access.

I have been one of Otsemobors biggest critics for a long time, he cannot read the game, has lapses in concentration and at times his positional play is very poor. His pace has saved him on a number of ocassions.

However to blame him for the second goal is harsh to say the least.

I was upset with his defending on the first goal, similar to his defending against Charlton on both goals where he lost his marker. Bearing in mind he has had experience playing in the centre of defence he should not keep getting caught out.

But the second goal was just a goalkeeping error.

From what I saw the whole back line were facing away from the goal kick, which would indicate that it''s standard practice for our defence. Semmy may well have had a poor game, but I don''t think he can be singled out for the second goal.

Of course the second goal was Forster''s fault. The kick was bad.

But that does not take away the fact that players need to concentrate for the entire match.

I am not taking away the blame from Forster but what I am saying is that if Semmy was switched on and concentrating on the game he would have been better placed to have been more effective in preventing the goal.

The blame must go 100% on the keeper, his clearance was shocking. If Semi had of been more alert then he may have saved the keeper from his error, but it must all go back to the first error and that was from the keeper.

Yessss our goalkeeper made some great saves, he would have been the hero if the game had ended in a deserved 1 - 1 draw, but it was indeed his mistake.

And if you look at the first goal on TV I think he was also at fault for the first goal, he didn''t know what to do with the Leeds striker just in front of him trying to lean on to him, our defender should have taken care of that but didn''t. Other referee''s even give goalkeepers a freekick for that.

So despite 3 very good saves he was to blame and very unlucky, like at Gillingham when he was sent of which almost cost us the game too.

Otsemobor was also at fault, not paying any attention for both goals, and just before the 2 - 1 he was asleep as well which was more his fault when he didn''t ran to defend, ok he ran but much too late.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

What institution are you in?..........it must be good to allow you internet access.

[/quote]

This has to be post of the century!!! Thank you Wiz [;)]

And I was sure he must have heard me typing as I am in the room next to him. He is right, as we both know, it''s good here!

It was Semmys fault, and I really dont see how anyone can argue. Beckford was standing on his shoulder watching the game like a hawk. The keeper made a howling mistake and Beckford was straight on it. Took Otsemebor a couple of seconds, he should have been awake, even the bloke alongside the commentator commented as such.

He was at fault for the first goal. And to be fair with the exception of a couple of overlaps he was crap all night.

IMO he is the weak link along with Adam Drury. I also liken the boy to Emile Heskey. When I watch Heskey play I just want him to charge like a battering ram through the defence like he can, he rarely does.

With Semmy I want him to knock the ball past his man and get to the byline because he has got the pace and he can whip in a decent ball, he just never does. It frustrates the hell out of me because he could be really good!!

Semmy was partly at fault as were the two centre halves. Unfortunately they got lazy / tired at the end as they had decided that we had already won a point. Yes, it was a bad kick which caused the goal, but poor awareness and failure to be alert from a goal kick is a school boy error.

Had Semmy been alert, Beckford would have had no chance of out pacing him. He nearly caught him in any case even with  a huge head start!

What did you think about the 1st goal, when he failed to attack the cross? He did that one a number of other occasions in the game from set peices, which could have cost us, but I suppose I am "Semmy bashing" by stating facts!!

Absolute tosh, why is Semmy being singled out for blame. What about the other defenders with their backs to goal? The (unfortunate) mistake was the goalkeepers. Semmy busted a gut to get back and defend, and nearly succeeded. He covered more ground then most would to almost nick the ball off their striker''s toes.

Yes he did make a couple of mistakes during the game, but Leeds'' second goal wasn''t one of them.

Do you bash Semmy simply because it''s easy, Askou and Doc both made mistakes, why not have a go at them?

Bring on saturday and a full house at Carrow Rd.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]You really don''t know much about football do you? Why was Beckford watching the kick? Was it in case there was a possibility of the kick not being as good as it should have been and there could be a chance for him?

And that is exactly the same reason Otsemobor should have been watching the kick![/quote]Pi$$ of of you toSSer. Ive played at a semi professional level and supported Norwich for 25 years.Ok if your gonna be picky then yes he should have been looking, but its still Forsters mistake and you cant blame Semmy for that.If your blaming Semmy then what, is Forster not to blame at all?[/quote]Why does everyone have to mention how long they have supported Norwich for..?

Semmy is another one like Doc where people are quick to criticise and find fault.

I''m not a huge fan of Semmy but I think he''s a decent enough player and we can only assume that if he''s not good enough then Lambert will get rid.

Last night he didn''t do enough to challenge Johnson in the air for the goal but then Forster should have claimed that ball anyway. As for the second goal perhaps the defence should have been a bit more switched on like Beckford was but the blame is on the ''keeper for that one.

With that second goal you get the feeling that had it been a more popular player like Spillane then there wouldn''t have been any suggestion he was at fault.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]You really don''t know much about football do you? Why was Beckford watching the kick? Was it in case there was a possibility of the kick not being as good as it should have been and there could be a chance for him? And that is exactly the same reason Otsemobor should have been watching the kick![/quote]

w`anker

semmy did alrite i thought, theres no way you can blame him for the goal. maybe the 1st for not picking up johnson. if you''re going to be pedantic, then one of doc or askou could have come short at the goal kick, its the centre backs responsability, semmi just happened to show incredible pace to nearly prevent the goal, doc or askou could have just dropped 5 yards or so, but that''s harsh, it''s forsters error and noone elses.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]You really don''t know much about football do you? Why was Beckford watching the kick? Was it in case there was a possibility of the kick not being as good as it should have been and there could be a chance for him? And that is exactly the same reason Otsemobor should have been watching the kick![/quote]

Pi$$ of of you toSSer. Ive played at a semi professional level and supported Norwich for 25 years.

Ok if your gonna be picky then yes he should have been looking, but its still Forsters mistake and you cant blame Semmy for that.

If your blaming Semmy then what, is Forster not to blame at all?
[/quote]

Ha Ha - touched a nerve i think,

Forster has to be at fault but you do have to look at the whole back four as when the ball was kicked every one of them were looking up field.

By the way, wroxham used to pay me travelling money does that make me a semi professional ?? if so i will use it on my next post !

[quote user="Barclayman"]Im really pi$$ed off with the Semmy bashing.

How the hell can anyone say it was his fault for the 2nd goal? Did nobody see Forsters kick?

Oh dear he was looking the other way, because he fully expected a goal kick to fly over his head. It was Forsters mistake, his fault 100%. End of story.
[/quote]

But as the said on Sky.....you look at the goalkeeper until the ball has gone past the defender and then you look upfield. If you  do that you can react quicker......last night he reacted to the Leeds striker going past him and that was a bit too late.

We need Spillane back at right back ASAP.

Completely right. Every flipping weekend strikers pounce upon poor goal kicks and score goals. Of course, Otsemobor should have been watching the kick especially with a point in the bag at Leeds and only few minutes to go. Beckford stayed alert and was facing the goal and got his reward because Semmy had gone to sleep. The kick was a very unfortunate mistake by a young keeper who had kept us in the game with a particularly fine save only minutes earlier. Otsemebor''s loss of concentration was professional negligence and unforgivable although it has to be said that he should not have been playing at right back (sic) in the first place and over that last 15 minutes Lambert appeared clueless.

Semmy is not good enough, full stop! He could be if he had half a football brain, but he hasn''t. The first goal could have been a flash back of the Charlton game as he made exactly the same mistakes there. If you''re a defender your job is to defend, Semmy simply is not able mark strikers! Also one of the first lessons young players are taught is to run backwards on goal kicks & keep an eye on the ball just incase scenarios like last night happen... None of the back 4 did but Beckford was right next to Semmy so he should have been alert... Dopey is what a colleague of mine has always refered to him as... He''s not wrong, is he?

Thank you for your agreement. A bit better than some of the earlier posts from some people who obviously don''t realise it''s a team game where every player should be trying to help each other.

The one thing that we must not forget, however, is that over ninety minutes we outplayed the leaders of the league on their own patch. As long as we don''t gift the opposition too many goals ....... it could be a very good season!

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]You really don''t know much about football do you? Why was Beckford watching the kick? Was it in case there was a possibility of the kick not being as good as it should have been and there could be a chance for him? And that is exactly the same reason Otsemobor should have been watching the kick![/quote]

Pi$$ of of you toSSer. Ive played at a semi professional level and supported Norwich for 25 years.

Ok if your gonna be picky then yes he should have been looking, but its still Forsters mistake and you cant blame Semmy for that.

If your blaming Semmy then what, is Forster not to blame at all?
[/quote]
Why does everyone have to mention how long they have supported Norwich for..?
[/quote]

If  by ''everyone'' you mean 1 person, then I am in full agreement with you.  I have been supporting Norwich since 1972, but I don''t mention it because it doesn''t matter to the topic of this thread.  Well, I wouldn''t have mentioned it until I decided to make pointless fun of this pointless complaint.

Maybe not for the second goal but the rest of the game he was very poor. His marking especially. He almost recovered well for the second goal.