Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

The most Important asset that Norwich Have

Forget any of the players Lambert is the most important thing this club has. He is doing the simple things that many of us have been going on about for several seasons, playing youth, playing players in their best position [ Hoolahan case in point], not bring in loads of loans, not wasting any money but getting the best out of everyone.We have had 3 seaon at least of decline and now there is a Buzz about the place. Yese we lost at Leeds but only just and we went into the game think we could win what a turn aroung. we are getting better by the day and he has not had the opportunity to bring in anyone yet. Lets just enjoy it. For the first time in years i enjoy going again and it is all down to Lambert. If we make promotion this season fine, if not it will be next season when the youngsters have matured a little and he has brought his own people in. This club is alive again, enjoy!

i agree completely. But lambert never strikes me as loyal. I can see him leaving the club in 1-2 seasons, i don''t think he is long term, just a short term maanger to get us back on our feet. And i don''t know if anyone else notices, but last night on sky it said that paul lambert was caretaker manager!!

I also agree.  Lambert for me, is definately the man!  And I don''t think that if we don''t go up this season it is a big disaster because we will probably walk it next season!  But like Aza said, the only thing that is worrying me is that he has not been loyal to either of his other two clubs yet, and let''s not forget he is only on a years rolling contract.

i agree completely. But lambert never strikes me as loyal. I can see him leaving the club in 1-2 seasons, i don''t think he is long term, just a short term maanger to get us back on our feet. And i don''t know if anyone else notices, but last night on sky it said that paul lambert was caretaker manager!!

Yeah I noticed this, it worried me, thought I missed something in the pre-match press conference!

[quote user="NottsCanary"]i agree completely. But lambert never strikes me as loyal. I can see him leaving the club in 1-2 seasons, i don''t think he is long term, just a short term maanger to get us back on our feet. And i don''t know if anyone else notices, but last night on sky it said that paul lambert was caretaker manager!!

Yeah I noticed this, it worried me, thought I missed something in the pre-match press conference![/quote]Yeah I noticed it aswell

[quote user="Aza K1CK 1T 0FF"]i agree completely. But lambert never strikes me as loyal. I can see him leaving the club in 1-2 seasons, i don''t think he is long term, just a short term maanger to get us back on our feet. And i don''t know if anyone else notices, but last night on sky it said that paul lambert was caretaker manager!![/quote]

Don''t worry!

Enjoy the moment as the OP says, we had 4 wins in a row and are playing consistently better football than we have for ages. And if Lambert leaves eventually, our CEO will get us someone else half decent to manage the side.

Oh and Sky are always right about everything!?!  Think we''d have heard it somewhere else first, like when he was appointed. As I say, don''t worry!!!!

I think a manager like Lambert see''s us as a more long term thing that most people think. He knows not only getting us promoted but also competetive in the CCC against would do his reputation the world of good and IMO that will take at least 3 seasons probably more.

[quote user="NottsCanary"]i agree completely. But lambert never strikes me as loyal. I can see him leaving the club in 1-2 seasons, i don''t think he is long term, just a short term maanger to get us back on our feet. And i don''t know if anyone else notices, but last night on sky it said that paul lambert was caretaker manager!! Yeah I noticed this, it worried me, thought I missed something in the pre-match press conference![/quote]    I can see what you mean but i do not think it will be a problem. In this day and age you have to be red hot to be a Manager in the Premiership so most British candidates are ruled out unless they get teams promoted eg Burnley and Hull. That leaves the Championship and even without a sugar daddy in status we as a club are probably one of the most attractive 6 sides in the Championship/league 1 for a manager to go to. then there is Scotland but celtic and ranger aside the clubs up there are small fry and even Celtic and  rangers are not the force that they once were