Sign in to follow this  
Iwan is God

Semmy

[quote user="Iwan is God"]Is by FAR the worst defender at the club! He is useless & was beaten at a set piece yet again!! Get him off the wage bill, Lambert!!
[/quote]

Totally agree.

Cost us another goal tonight.

Didn''t he set up the first goal with a cross tonight? (I''m not a fan of his by any means, just making an observation)

He is such a weakling. Incredibly poor in the air.  The only times Leeds have looked a threat tonight is when Otsemobor hasn''t bothered to compete for headers. Lambert must be tearing his hair out every time a high ball ventures anywhere near him.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Big Bad John"]Didn''t he set up the first goal with a cross tonight? (I''m not a fan of his by any means, just making an observation)
[/quote]

Lappin...now i know he is dark but come on [;)]
[/quote]

Actually I thought it was Ots before he switched the ball onto his left foot, then I knew it was Lappin.

He looks off the pace tonight, maybe still not fully fit.  Question is who else could we play in his position who would do better tonight - we dont have much depth on that side.

What Doesn''t He Understand About Put Your Foot Out And Get The Ball Away. He Just Stands There 10 Feet Away From His Attacker And Watches Them. Making No Attempt To Tackle What So Ever!

Abysmal player, needs replacing desperately for us to really continue our promotion push.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Semmy is by far the worst player on the books. Defender who can''t defend or attack with a bad attitude to boot.
[/quote]

I''d actually say Matt Gill is the worst player we''ve got but that''s not really the point I guess.

This is such old news!!! why has this useless excuse for a player continued to plat through a number of different managers. At fault for both goals, due to the usual day dreaming!!! Admittedly Foster made a bad mistake initially

[quote user="Nigel Worthless"]

At fault for both goals, due to the usual day dreaming!!! Admittedly Foster made a bad mistake initially

[/quote]

I think you should re-read that rather contradictory statement and then stop ''Semmy bashing''!

He was definitely at fault for the first goal but aside from that I thought he had a pretty decent game tonight. I don''t particularly rate him, and wouldn''t be at all upset if we got rid, but just because Doc had a good game there''s no need to pick on somebody else [;)]

If hounding out is what it takes then so

be it. When we''re going so well we simply cannot afford the lapses that

have happened in virtually every game he''s played.  Let''s not

forget last season also, this is nothing new. He''s not a terrible

player but on his own he costs us a goal every other game at least (2

tonight).  I suppose therefore he is a terrible player.  It''s

gone on long enough.

This is all way over the top Semi bashing. Forster and Lambert are to blame for the loss.Yes Semi was totally to blame for the first goal but he actually had a good game, got forward well, put in a lot of good crosses and also made a couple of good timely interventions at the back.Give an objective view if your gonna post on this board please!

TO ALL THOSE BLAMING SEMI FOR THE 2ND GOAL.ARE YOU ALL MENTAL??? HE WAS JOGGING UP TO THE HALF WAY LINE WITH ALL THE OTHER DEFENDERS FULLY EXPECTING TO SEE A GOAL KICK FLY OVER HIS HEAD.IT WAS 100% FORSTERS ERROR AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SEMI.

Kids are taught to jog backwards so they are watching the ball all the time. Semmy (and all our other defenders) have their backs to the ball when the kick is taken. Also like to point out that the chance before that when Beckford put it wide was semmy day dreaming again. I''ve watched it several times on tv since I got back from the game.

OTBC

[quote user="Barclayman"]TO ALL THOSE BLAMING SEMI FOR THE 2ND GOAL.ARE YOU ALL MENTAL??? HE WAS JOGGING UP TO THE HALF WAY LINE WITH ALL THE OTHER DEFENDERS FULLY EXPECTING TO SEE A GOAL KICK FLY OVER HIS HEAD.IT WAS 100% FORSTERS ERROR AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SEMI. [/quote]I don''t know how many times you have to be told. Otsemobor had his back to goal at the time of the kick. This is a rookie error, from a very young age, as a defender, you are always told to watch the ball, always. Guess who didn''t have his back to goal....... I''ll give you a clue as I actually feel you might need one. He scored the goal.Maybe I should post that again all in capitals.

get a life why do norwich fans always get on the back of someone just to blame someone don''t recall semmy taking a goal kick and kicking it straight to beckford can you

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="Barclayman"]TO ALL THOSE BLAMING SEMI FOR THE 2ND GOAL.

ARE YOU ALL MENTAL??? HE WAS JOGGING UP TO THE HALF WAY LINE WITH ALL THE OTHER DEFENDERS FULLY EXPECTING TO SEE A GOAL KICK FLY OVER HIS HEAD.

IT WAS 100% FORSTERS ERROR AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SEMI.
[/quote]

I don''t know how many times you have to be told. Otsemobor had his back to goal at the time of the kick. This is a rookie error, from a very young age, as a defender, you are always told to watch the ball, always. Guess who didn''t have his back to goal....... I''ll give you a clue as I actually feel you might need one. He scored the goal.

Maybe I should post that again all in capitals.
[/quote]

You are correct.  Semmy did well to catch his man up but once again did his usual and poked his toe out instead of going in for a sliding block tackle as any decent defender would.  Can anyone remember him making a slide tackle, ever? 

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="Barclayman"]TO ALL THOSE BLAMING SEMI FOR THE 2ND GOAL.

ARE YOU ALL MENTAL??? HE WAS JOGGING UP TO THE HALF WAY LINE WITH ALL THE OTHER DEFENDERS FULLY EXPECTING TO SEE A GOAL KICK FLY OVER HIS HEAD.

[/quote]

I don''t know how many times you have to be told. Otsemobor had his back to goal at the time of the kick. This is a rookie error, from a very young age, as a defender, you are always told to watch the ball, always. Guess who didn''t have his back to goal....... I''ll give you a clue as I actually feel you might need one. He scored the goal.

[/quote]

You are correct.  Semmy did well to catch his man up but once again did his usual and poked his toe out instead of going in for a sliding block tackle as any decent defender would.  Can anyone remember him making a slide tackle, ever? 

[/quote]

Thats the type of situation Doc goes to ground in usually (think Adebola, Tyson last season) and more often than not even though the ball is won it ends up penalty against us and 10 men.

[quote user="Canaries87"]

Kids are taught to jog backwards so they are watching the ball all the time. Semmy (and all our other defenders) have their backs to the ball when the kick is taken. Also like to point out that the chance before that when Beckford put it wide was semmy day dreaming again. I''ve watched it several times on tv since I got back from the game.

OTBC

[/quote]Askou didn''t

[quote user="martin ayers"]get a life why do norwich fans always get on the back of someone just to blame someone don''t recall semmy taking a goal kick and kicking it straight to beckford can you[/quote]Nope, but I can remember him not even bothering to challenge for their first goal, the guy is totally useless and in my opinion was the biggest reason why we got relegated last season, costs us a goal almost every time he plays, you could see yesterday that the Doc was constantly pulled out of position to cover for Semmy, the guy is a useless defender, and useless at going forward.

He clearly was not solely to blame for the second goal,  however he could have done better.

Irrespective of that, once again his inability to defend (particularly crosses) has again cost us points;  in his last three appearances alone his poor defending has cost us a total of 3 points, has had a direct contribution to 3 of the 5 goals conceeded and could have done better for one more.  The only other goal conceeded in those 3 games was a harsh penalty.

[quote user="Mason 47"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats the type of situation Doc goes to ground in usually (think Adebola, Tyson last season) and more often than not even though the ball is won it ends up penalty against us and 10 men.

[/quote]

Huh?  How many times has Doc been sent off for us?  If the ball is won it shouldn`t be a pen.  There is a time and a place to stand your ground and stay on your feet, but that situation called for a last-gasp sliding tackle and he just poked his toe at it.  Even if he`d got it wrong and been sent off a., It wouldn`t have been a huge loss and he`d have been seen to have done what defenders should do-prevent a goal at any cost, and b., The keeper would have had a chance to make up for his kick by saving the pen.

He is always jogging up to the half way line, just like the kid in the school team who has been put in defence but wants to be a striker and cannot be bothered to defend.

Usless tool