Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Grant Holt Manager!

If you were reading this without knowing who had said it, you''d assume it was the manager, not a player!

"We are in the business of getting points, getting out of the division. We didn''t achieve that today but if you''re a neutral watching the game you will realise we should have done.

The result is disappointing but I''m delighted with the manner in which we played.

The goal was a freakish thing and didn''t help us but we''ll get on with it now."

Wonder if he fancies it when he stops playing. I can totally see why PL gave him the captaincy - he gets instant respect both from the way he is on and off the pitch. The spiritual successor to Hucks i think! If he stays around of course.

I was thinking exactly the same listening to that interview.Very mature and infuential, and certainly no ordinary player. And with him scoring goals left, right and centre, and providing so much in our build up play on the pitch with his strength, determinatin and class (i''d infact argue he''s a far better footballer than Beckford ever will be), i''m proud to have him as captain of our side.I hope there is a happy end to this story.

yeah, maybe. but he seems to be taking on responsibility for the team in a way that our previous captains have never done. not since Malky anyway. as i say, i think PL has spotted this quickly and making him captain may turn out to be one of his shrewdest moves.

it''s absolutely vital to have a voice on the pitch who can convey the manager''s thinking and can be an authority. it''s what dion gave us in his short time with us and malky before that but we''ve sorely missed for much of the time since malky left.

One of the things that''s been said many times since we were relegated from the Premier League is that we don''t have any leaders on the pitch - someone to take responsibility for the rest of the players and make sure they all do their job.

Grant Holt certainly seems to be that man. We just need to make sure we keep hold of him at all costs, and match his own ambitions before someone else tries to take him off us.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

And well done that man who was so determmined to sign him.

OTBC

[/quote]For crying out loud.