Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Same old problem

Why dont the team just start playing from the whistle! It has cost us so many points! All we need to do to stay up is start from the whistle. Then we will get points. We just keep giving away goals that cost us 3 points and sometime all points

We actually started quite well today and Fulham scored in their first attack. As the game progressed we looked less likely to score and in the end it was to comfortable for them. No one except Leon came out of the game with much credit today and I thought we were poor. We never really looked like turning the game round and  the fans were resigned to another defeat long before the end. Svensson was very poor making his plea to Worthy not to bring in another striker look laughable. Van der saar hardly had a save to make and probably had his easiest game of the season. Still Fulham were on a run of four defeats and teams always seem to be able to halt such runs against us.

We may well survive by the skin of our teeth this season but more due to others failings than our brilliance.

Another depressing Saturday for me but facts have to be faced and the fact is we haven''t got enough good players to win regularly in this league.

Your right kdncfc the bottom line is the players just are not up to this standard . 2 goals from the main 2 strikers after 16 games is laughable and with most of our "winnable" home matches now gone its hard to see how we can survive. Not even much point looking forward to the january transfer window either as £1.2 million just does not cut any ice in this league.

Very poor team performance today, and for once I dont blame Mr Worthington. We are too much of a soft touch in this league and we need to get stuck in a little harder. Granted the referee was crap today and was blowing up for every tackle by a yellow shirt but we still seem to be far too nice. Also the effort was not there today apart from Leon who will always run til the end- did anyone see how gutted he was at the final whistle? If only the rest of the lads showed his spirit. I dont know what we need to do in order to start getting results in this league but we gotta start doing it starting next week or it looks bad for us going into the new year.

Every Saturday we give them a goal after a few minutes. And in this league it only takes one goal sometimes. Its just so frustrating. All we need to do to stay up is play from the start

Bottle whatever Leon has got and give it to the rest of the team, that way they might all get stuck in and give the opposition a fight.

I don''t mind losing to any side if we compete and play well and create chances, but that certainly was not the case.  Even the most ardent supporters in the Barclay and Snakepit found it difficult to be lifted by our performance.

Can''t see many points forthcoming from the next 4 games and worryingly it is now looking like we will be bottom at christmas and we all know what happens then. If Worthy does only have 1.2 million to spend then we''re doomed and I have to say that the prospect of being relegated and getting stuck in the fizzy league for several years is more worrying to me than if they gambled another 3 or 4 million to try and survive. Imo we have gone into the prem with totally the wrong attitude and even though we all knew it would be hard we have certainly made it harder than it should have been.

QUOTE : Imo we have gone into the prem with totally the wrong attitude and even though we all knew it would be hard we have certainly made it harder than it should have been.

Yes, I totally agree, kdncfc. Yesterday Fulham were not fantastic, Norwich were very poor. It was so frustrating again. Every week they seem to concede a goal earlier than the week before. Against Birmingham it was 9 minutes, yesterday it was 7.

We spent peanuts , as you can tell from the quality of the signings , you just can not come up to this league and hope to survive with a Championship side. 4 or 5 million spent on a bit of quality may have saved us from another long spell in the fizzy league , but thats where we are now headed no doubt about it .

yes a new tactic this week instead of only playing 45 mins we tried something new...lets not play for 90mins!!