Sign in to follow this  
Smiffy

Russell

Best player on pitch yet again last night. Why does he never seem to get the rave reviews he deserves? Howson didn''t get a touch last night

IMO he has been our key player this season since being brought back into the team.  Gutsy with a great footballing brain. 

Im not sure he was the best player, but he certainly is a key player. But he needs to improve certain parts of his game. his control and passing game are bad but only in certain games.

Russell was one of the best players on the pitch, but he must improve on his passings. He should more often do a simple side pass to Hughes or Wes, rather than try to reach Holt or Martin on their "first run".

But... if he could pass the ball better he wouldn''t play for us in League One.

I thought he done well but certainly wasn''t our best player. I like his passion and commitment but I still think he has a tendancy to give the ball away cheaply, and you always worry he''ll get himself sent off.

[quote user="Smiffy"]Best player on pitch yet again last night. Why does he never seem to get the rave reviews he deserves? Howson didn''t get a touch last night[/quote]He doesn''t get rave reviews because the job he does is easy to go unnoticed. When Makelele was in the holding role at chelsea he never got the plaudits but they were much better with him.

Agree entirely. Think he has made a big difference since coming back to fitness, and is a really dominant player at this level. Disappointed for him that he couldn''t take his chance against Leeds, but delighted that he is not "sulking" as many suggested, but in-fact working hard for the team.

Russell was our best player on Monday night.

If you went to the game you would retract these stupid comments saying how he can''t pass etc. Everytime he got the ball he woudn''t look in just one direction like many other players at the club.  He was very calm on the ball (like Clingan) also collected up anything that went wrong. He is much more disciplined than what he once was - although the tackle he made was dangerous.

Russell needs to get more ratings as he deserves it.

He also allowed Hughes to roam much more freely which was a BIG ADVANTAGE to our attacking game.

[quote user="I.S."]Agree entirely. Think he has made a big difference since coming back to fitness, and is a really dominant player at this level. Disappointed for him that he couldn''t take his chance against Leeds, but delighted that he is not "sulking" as many suggested, but in-fact working hard for the team.[/quote]Perhaps his one-to-one with Lambert was about saying that nobody benefitted from Darel staying on the sidelines. The club were paying a lot of money for nothing, and he was unlikely to find a favourable move elsewhere when he wasn''t playing... I imagine Lambo said that a move away from Carrow Road isn''t out of the question, but that in the meantime he needs to be in the team, giving 100%, for the benefit of all parties (club getting their money''s worth; Russell in the shop window).

[quote user="CabbageArmy"]

If you went to the game you would retract these stupid comments saying how he can''t pass etc. Everytime he got the ball he woudn''t look in just one direction like many other players at the club.  He was very calm on the ball (like Clingan) also collected up anything that went wrong. He is much more disciplined than what he once was - although the tackle he made was dangerous.

[/quote]

I watched the game on TV, and I''m sure he made as many poor passes on TV as if I had been at the game...

Problem is, when we get counter attacks against us, we are very vulnerable, because Doc and Askou are not as quick as most strikers.

I never said Russell can''t pass, but I said he still needs to improve his passing. By the way, Wes has the same problem. He loses the ball too often in dangerous position. Still, these two players were our best players in the game on Monday.