Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Dale want to keep Whaley!

Regardless of who signed the players, Lambert is the one who has got them playing as a unit and got the best out of them. Can we finally nail this increasingly tedious "give Gunny credit" nonsense?

Good on Simon Whaley, hopefully he will get noticed by Lambert and get another go here, but he''ll have to dislodge someone who''s playing in a successful team at the moment and that isn''t easy. Think people were quick to right him off but it is maybe true that he prefers to be up north.

agreed lamberts tactical knowledge is some what better than gunn , this has beenn proven but it was a new team not just one or two signings the team needed time to gell which has proven to be the case by recent results ,you can hardly say gunn put us in a position like roeder did , he kept the players who he thought could get us out of this division and brought in some we needed .

i would like to see gunn at another club and do well , everyones opinion is going to be different regarding him . i respect that. but he was given a huge task .

[quote user="singing canary"]

agreed lamberts tactical knowledge is some what better than gunn , this has beenn proven but it was a new team not just one or two signings the team needed time to gell which has proven to be the case by recent results ,you can hardly say gunn put us in a position like roeder did , he kept the players who he thought could get us out of this division and brought in some we needed .

i would like to see gunn at another club and do well , everyones opinion is going to be different regarding him . i respect that. but he was given a huge task .

[/quote]

Fester, given a huge task!?I tell you what, sunshine, reading your posts has become something of a bleedin'' task.

hughes was gunns signing as well .

he could have easily got rid of the players .

[/quote]

So, lets get ths straight not only are you somehow crediting Gunn with signing 12 players in the summer, of which Lambert currently deems only TWO good enough to be an improvement on a squad that failed last season (not a very impressive recruitment ratio!), you now want to credit him for KEEPING players !!.

Unless I missed something Marshall,Clingan, and Croft all left because they wanted to, the rest of the squad (after loan expiries) that got us relegated are still here because NOBODY WANTED THEM, I fail to see where Gunn had anything to do with that?.

and to then say that Gunn hasn''t left us in as worse state as Roeder did, well look at which division we''re now in and ask yourself that question again.

This Gunn thing is getting so old and repetitive, i may just puke. [url=http://www.thescubasite.com/Scuba-Diving-in-South-Africa/scuba-diving-in-south-africa][img]http://www.thescubasite.com/smile/mad/mad0006.gif[/img][/url]

the reason we got relegated is because the team was flooded with roeders loan players who could not give a dam..!!!

grant holt, askou, hughes all signed by gunn all have played a big part of how well the team is playing now .

gunn not wanting to get rid of hoolhan has proved so far this season to be a good decision . gunn could hardly do much last season with no transfer funds apart from the 25 grand for mcdonald .which was a good buy to be honest .you cant improve a team unless you bring players in . apart from a few loan signings (of which we had too many anyway) he had no choice .

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

So, lets get ths straight not only are you somehow crediting Gunn with signing 12 players in the summer, of which Lambert currently deems only TWO good enough to be an improvement on a squad that failed last season (not a very impressive recruitment ratio!), you now want to credit him for KEEPING players !!.

Unless I missed something Marshall,Clingan, and Croft all left because they wanted to, the rest of the squad (after loan expiries) that got us relegated are still here because NOBODY WANTED THEM, I fail to see where Gunn had anything to do with that?.

and to then say that Gunn hasn''t left us in as worse state as Roeder did, well look at which division we''re now in and ask yourself that question again.

[/quote]

The reason you have Hoolahan playing for you this season is that Gunn single handedly persuaded him to stay at Norwich against the then advice of his Agent and, indeed, the continuing advice of his agent.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, the reason is that no championship club came him for him with a firm offer, if they had then he would have been gone with Marshall,Clingan and Croft. As a league one club we''re hardly in position to stand in is way. We''ve been a selling club for the past 30 years and we''re hardly going to stop now that we''re in the third tier of football now are we?!

The reason you have Hoolahan playing for you this season is that Gunn single handedly persuaded him to stay at Norwich against the then advice of his Agent and, indeed, the continuing advice of his agent.

[/quote]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Good on Simon Whaley, hopefully he will get noticed by Lambert and get another go here, but he''ll have to dislodge someone who''s playing in a successful team at the moment and that isn''t easy. Think people were quick to right him off but it is maybe true that he prefers to be up north.[/quote]

Sheron''s hamstring comes into my thoughts..........

so gunn didnt keep the other players you mentioned then ..?  holt is the top scorer in that division , and some of the youngsters ie like martin etc etc given another chance by norwich .

lappin , ? how many gaps did we have when the loan players went back ..?

the team was put in place before lambert even arrived .

we lost one game with the team gunn put together if you include the pre season friendlies that including a premiership team ..wigan .

gunn was not as bad as some make out .

[/quote]

Oh yes he bloody well was!

And for your blinkered records SC, Lambert tried tosign Holt at Col Who!

grant holt, askou, hughes all signed by gunn all have played a big part of how well the team is playing now .

[/quote]

Hughes is a good player I''ll give you that but he hasn''t been playing much first team football recently so I can''t see how you can say he''s played a BIG part recently!

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, the reason is that no championship club came him for him with a firm offer, if they had then he would have been gone with Marshall,Clingan and Croft. As a league one club we''re hardly in position to stand in is way. We''ve been a selling club for the past 30 years and we''re hardly going to stop now that we''re in the third tier of football now are we?!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Completely and totally untrue.  You may get a nasty surprise in January however............[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Completely and totally untrue.  You may get a nasty surprise in January however............[;)]

[/quote]

And Lambert would adjust to it...........however, I''m not sure Bootroyd would!

[/quote]

1) Norwich City 1  Colchester United 7 - a new record

2) Gunn couldn''t motivate a team fighting for its survival in The Championship.

3) Gunn couldn''t motivate the team for its first match in Divison 3 (old money)

4) Lambert is getting more out of the squad.

5) Cureton made a comment about training at Colney on Sky sports News............

6) The football being played is better especially at home and its not just me saying this.

The Stowmarket Two should not have put Gunn into the managers job, the blame lies with them.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So, if he does go in January are you claiming that it will be because Gunn is no longer here to persuade him stay?, whilst Lambert IS here allowing him to play in a free role in which he enjoys in a side that is winning?. I''m not following your logic?.

Whether it was in August or whether it''s in January if a team in a higher division makes the right offer he will be sold -regardless of who the manager is.

I''m glad Whaley is scoring as I hope his confidence upon return to Norwich will be tremendous compared to when he left on loan to Rochdale. I still feel there is a place for him in the team, perhaps not in the starting line-up as things are playing at the moment, but should Lambert feel the need to play wide men then hopefully Whaley can be given a chance and produce the form he showed us in pre-season.

the reason we got relegated is because the team was flooded with roeders loan players who could not give a dam..!!!

gunn not wanting to get rid of hoolhan has proved so far this season to be a good decision . gunn could hardly do much last season with no transfer funds apart from the 25 grand for mcdonald .which was a good buy to be honest .you cant improve a team unless you bring players in . apart from a few loan signings (of which we had too many anyway) he had no choice .

[/quote][url=http://www.mysmiley.net][img]http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0019.gif[/img][/url]Haha, you are indeed quite the fool.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

1) Norwich City 1  Colchester United 7 - a new record

2) Gunn couldn''t motivate a team fighting for its survival in The Championship.

3) Gunn couldn''t motivate the team for its first match in Divison 3 (old money)

4) Lambert is getting more out of the squad.

5) Cureton made a comment about training at Colney on Sky sports News............

6) The football being played is better especially at home and its not just me saying this.

The Stowmarket Two should not have put Gunn into the managers job, the blame lies with them.

[/quote]Can''t you see!? How naive you are too think that sense and reasoning has a place on this board! [url=http://www.mysmiley.net/free-tongue-smileys.php][img]http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0010.gif[/img][/url]

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote][url=http://www.mysmiley.net][img]http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0019.gif[/img][/url]Haha, you are indeed quite the fool.[/quote]Actually i take that back, that was harshly put (but i will stand by the point that you have avoided some essential facts in the reign of Gunns management to suit your current representation of your opinion of him (or your just not aware of how active Gunn was in the loan market during his time in charge)).