Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

A positive Ricky Knight

Our recent results have been gained on good pitches Shack. I''m concerned that when the pitches our heavy we will be too narrow. I agree with Shy Stella that we don''t have wide players with pace so I feel we will get bogged down in the midfield. We will come across quite a few sides who will bypass the centre of the pitch over the top. I would much prefer we use the flanks. I am happy with Lappin or Martin on the left but feel we need a strong pacy winger on the right. I''m not convinced we''d need two but I''m not convinced we wouldn''t either.

When the grounds are heavy the further forward we can get Hoolahan the better. I think the partnership between him and Holt could be our key outa here.

I reckon it''s easier to use the flanks than be narrow on heavy pitches. The alternative is to go long. I think young Wes wouldn''t be so effective in the middle of a heavier pitch but could still hurt the opposition further forward.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I reckon it''s easier to use the flanks than be narrow on heavy pitches. The alternative is to go long. I think young Wes wouldn''t be so effective in the middle of a heavier pitch but could still hurt the opposition further forward.

[/quote]

You may be right, one thing for sure, we will be playing on some pretty dodgy pitches this winter.Should be ok at  home though. We do have a manager who knows about this league and is as well placed as any to play the right tactical game. We have a formula that works for now, we will  undoubtedly be found out, maybe on Monday, and will have to change. Personally I hope we play a different formation on Monday night.

very much so.Only team i can think of that played no wingers succesfully is chelsea and its not as if we have lampard, essien, mikel, ballack, deco clogging up our central midfield is it now?!In Holt we have a very talented old fshioned centre forward, im sure he would love to have someone in the mould of gordon,fox or eadie to sling in some crosses for him. Sure we are doing very well at present but we do need that other option,adn there is certainly nothing wrong with playing to your strengths (ie Holts head).

Amazing how the dummy spitters return with tails between their legs when the team starts winning.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Dont faint guys but i feel positive about City for the first time for years. Never felt good about Grant, Roeder or Gunn but i do with this fellah, he is a manager and has sent positivity around carrow road. He has got the team playing and seems to have put belief in them, i have even had a bet we will finish in the top four. There is still things i would like to change at CR but i wont spoil a postive post.[:)][/quote]

Good on ya Ricky; it''s hard not to feel positive recently isn''t it [Y] Particularly after the dross we''ve had to put up with for the last couple of years. Nice to see belief reinstated around Carra Rud at last! [:)] 

Agree we dont need two pacy wingers, most teams these days play with just the one. However having someone with pace to attack the full backs, whether starting or coming off the bench would be a real asset, as if teams shut down Hoolahan and can deal with the longer ball to Holt we can struggle to create, as was seen vs Walsall.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dickhead"]Anyone care what you think?[/quote]

Few questions:

1) Why are you using a public message board for NCFC fans if you don''t care what others think? Or Question if anyone else cares?

2) Why did you post on a thread if you weren''t interested?

It really hacks me off when people only contribute to a thread if they wish to wind someone up, if your not bothered then fine, we don''t all need to know about it though in some attention grabbing routine.

[quote user="king canary"]Agree we dont need two pacy wingers, most teams these days play with just the one. However having someone with pace to attack the full backs, whether starting or coming off the bench would be a real asset, as if teams shut down Hoolahan and can deal with the longer ball to Holt we can struggle to create, as was seen vs Walsall.[/quote]Cody?

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

Few questions:

1) Why are you using a public message board for NCFC fans if you don''t care what others think? Or Question if anyone else cares?

It really hacks me off when people only contribute to a thread if they wish to wind someone up, if your not bothered then fine, we don''t all need to know about it though in some attention grabbing routine.

[/quote]Has this whole thread not been started by an "attention grabbing routine"? [:^)]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

Few questions:

[/quote]

Has this whole thread not been started by an "attention grabbing routine"? [:^)]
[/quote]

If you believe thats the case, then again, why did you reply, to get attention?

I have not got the tail between my legs, i did not want Grant, Roeder or Gunn, spoke out against them at the time, my fears proved correct, i dont want Delia at the club, the way this club has gone down the tubes is criminal but this manager makes me think he knows what he is doing and i feel positive for the first time for years. I have written many negative posts, entered many heating discussions on here but i am not too proud to say i am happy with the way things are panning out. As for attention seeking, in that case everone who ever starts a thread on here is an attention seeker, funny i thought this was a forum.

[quote user="ricky knight"] As for attention seeking, in that case everone who ever starts a thread on here is an attention seeker, funny i thought this was a forum.[/quote]

Exactly Ricky.[Y]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="king canary"]Agree we dont need two pacy wingers, most teams these days play with just the one. However having someone with pace to attack the full backs, whether starting or coming off the bench would be a real asset, as if teams shut down Hoolahan and can deal with the longer ball to Holt we can struggle to create, as was seen vs Walsall.[/quote]Cody?

[/quote]Doesnt really attack the full backs, I mean the sort of player who can go past a full back and put a cross in. Cody is more central and more for troubling lumbering center backs.

There''s no advantage in a pacey winger if he can''t cross the ball effectively

Pacey wingers with the ability to cross the ball well are scarce.

Anybody know where we''ll find one?

By the way, is John Deehan still chief scout?

OTBC

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

Few questions:

[/quote]Has this whole thread not been started by an "attention grabbing routine"? [:^)][/quote]

[/quote]Just an observation Wiz! Not looking for controversy! [Y]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

There''s no advantage in a pacey winger if he can''t cross the ball effectively

Pacey wingers with the ability to cross the ball well are scarce.

Anybody know where we''ll find one?

By the way, is John Deehan still chief scout?

OTBC

[/quote]

Wonder if Ruel Fox would come out of retirement lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Wonder if Ruel Fox would come out of retirement lol

[/quote]

Doubt it! But Remy Gordon came on for the Ressies tonight[;)]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

Few questions:

[/quote]

Has this whole thread not been started by an "attention grabbing routine"? [:^)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just an observation Wiz! Not looking for controversy! [Y]
[/quote]

As was I

Good for you Ricky. I haven''t always seen eye-to-eye with you in the past but it''s great to see that you are feeling a bit more positive about the club now.

Have to take issue with the poster who said Lambert is our first real manager since O''Neill. I would have thought that Worthington''s achievement in turning a relegation-threatened side into a play-off team in 18 months, then winning the league two years later, is worth a mention. If Lambert emulates his achievement we''ll be back in the Championship next season and in the Prem in 2013...

I too am very impressed with Lambert but can''t help thinking back to that long unbeaten run under Roeder. The real test of Lambert will come when we lose a couple of games.

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]Ricky nothing to do with this topic, but remember the days of cambridge away! are we going to have an old boys reunion ie. an away day, Colchester maybe?[/quote]Colchester?I hope we''ve been there for the last time in a while. Best aim for the binner game next season[;)] if they are still in the championship that is.[:D]Now lets all give a big welcome back hug to Ricky and play nice.[:O]

TBH I have never been away, just hate whats happened to the club and will shout from the roof tops when things aint right, Delia, Grant, Roeder, Gunn, three have gone cant have it always but i am really positive with Lambert in charge and had a bet in october to finish in top two, my one fear, Celtic coming in once they realise Mowbray aint going to do the business.

Nice to see you back Ricky, like you I had many doubts about the way the club was run with the old staff in charge, including the appointment of Gunn for the start of this season. Since the departure of Gunn (and also including Munby and Doncaster) the whole club seems to be on a different level altogether. Much more positive, better PR from club officials and spokespeople and of course a far better manager in Lambert.

Long may it continue. On an added note, surely Delia''s recent TV series and re releasing of several of her books can only be a good thing if it keeps us just a bit further away from administration and can fund us in the Champ should we be promoted. I am more hopeful of our progress than I have been for many years. McNally is obviously a much stronger and more credible CE than his Doncaster.

Far too much positivity on this forum lately.Its all bound to go tits up soonBloody club''s a joke.

[quote user="ricardo"]Far too much positivity on this forum lately.

Its all bound to go tits up soon

Bloody club''s a joke.
[/quote]

Ah Ricardo, but tits are in this season - all nice and perky.

And heartbreak hotel is being dismantled by Bowkett, McNally and Lambert.

[:)]

OTBC