Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

A positive Ricky Knight

Dont faint guys but i feel positive about City for the first time for years. Never felt good about Grant, Roeder or Gunn but i do with this fellah, he is a manager and has sent positivity around carrow road. He has got the team playing and seems to have put belief in them, i have even had a bet we will finish in the top four. There is still things i would like to change at CR but i wont spoil a postive post.[:)]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Dont faint guys but i feel positive about City for the first time for years. Never felt good about Grant, Roeder or Gunn but i do with this fellah, he is a manager and has sent positivity around carrow road. He has got the team playing and seems to have put belief in them, i have even had a bet we will finish in the top four. There is still things i would like to change at CR but i wont spoil a postive post.[:)][/quote]

I feel faint!.

But like you, I can''t shake off this feeling of positveness even when I try, it just feels so un-natual![;)]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Dont faint guys but i feel positive about City for the first time for years. Never felt good about Grant, Roeder or Gunn but i do with this fellah, he is a manager and has sent positivity around carrow road. He has got the team playing and seems to have put belief in them, i have even had a bet we will finish in the top four. There is still things i would like to change at CR but i wont spoil a postive post.[:)][/quote]

So you lost that challenge match with Delia then![:D]

You are right Ricky there is a fresh feel of change sweeping round Carrow Road.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Dont faint guys but i feel positive about City for the first time for years. Never felt good about Grant, Roeder or Gunn but i do with this fellah, he is a manager and has sent positivity around carrow road. He has got the team playing and seems to have put belief in them, i have even had a bet we will finish in the top four. There is still things i would like to change at CR but i wont spoil a postive post.[:)][/quote]Good for you Ricky, I know I''ve disagreed with you a lot in the past, but not on this one [Y]

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Anyone care what either of you think?

[/quote]Whereas everyone gives a huge toot about you and your cretinous "insights".I''d stick to coming up with "hilarious" alliterative pseudonyms and peddling third-rate tit shots if I were you.

Treble D you really do have issues with me dont you, did i have an affair with your missus or something but hey i do love a keyboard warrior.

Although there is still the old regime on the board, I feel that the new lot have a lot more business knowledge and won''t whimper to Delia and MWJ.

Same with Lambert, he has brought the team together and although early doors, I still feel confident, would be nice to be backed up with some serious funds for players and a new owner with serious funds too.

But I feel that we can mount a serious challenge to the top 2 over the coming months, so nice to hear some positive opinions both here and at Carra Rud.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Dont faint guys but i feel positive about City for the first time for years. Never felt good about Grant, Roeder or Gunn but i do with this fellah, he is a manager and has sent positivity around carrow road. He has got the team playing and seems to have put belief in them, i have even had a bet we will finish in the top four. There is still things i would like to change at CR but i wont spoil a postive post.[:)][/quote]You do know there''s no Champions league in this division, don''t you? Stick out tongue [:P]Anyway, I felt the same as you the day this guy walked in. He''s the first proper manager we''ve had since Martin O''Neill. I can''t believe we were ever allowed to drift under those no-hopers for all those years. Praise be to David McNally.

I''m feeling alot better about City atm too (must be the Lambo effect working its magic on me). I hope they maintain this form long enough to get us out of this hellhole of a league.

It has to be said though that the feeling the bubble is about to burst will always loom over me. We''ve so often seen the brief moments of magic followed by long periods of disappointment that I''m always anxious our good form will soon disappear again (as usual). But they''re proving me wrong about the season ahead atm which can''t be a bad thing.

....but the cook still has to go.

(Sorry, had to add some pessimism in there somewhere)

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Anyone care what either of you think?

[/quote]Whereas everyone gives a huge toot about you and your cretinous "insights".I''d stick to coming up with "hilarious" alliterative pseudonyms and peddling third-rate tit shots if I were you.[/quote]

Well said that man.  [:D]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Dont faint guys but i feel positive about City for the first time for years. Never felt good about Grant, Roeder or Gunn but i do with this fellah, he is a manager and has sent positivity around carrow road. He has got the team playing and seems to have put belief in them, i have even had a bet we will finish in the top four. There is still things i would like to change at CR but i wont spoil a postive post.[:)][/quote]I always knew you weren''t really a "Nancy". [:)]

COME ON YOU PERCY''S!![Y][B][:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Bloody ''ell[:O]

[8] Ricky Knight is one of us, one of us, one of us....... [8]

[/quote]

I''ll never be a Percy, but I''m thus far happy with Lambert and proceedings on the field.I am however a tad concerned about the second half of the season - we will need to change our shape and I personally believe that Lambo should address my concerns by acquiring the services of two out & out wingers with pace.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I''ll never be a Percy, but I''m thus far happy with Lambert and proceedings on the field.

I am however a tad concerned about the second half of the season - we will need to change our shape and I personally believe that Lambo should address my concerns by acquiring the services of two out & out wingers with pace.
[/quote]

No.. you''ll be forever a Nancy[:O]

Lambert has been forced into managing the players he already had at the club. This is good for the players he inherited because had he have been able to make signings some of them wouldn''t have had the chance to show him properly what they could do. It''s a fact that a manager will give his own signings many more chances than a player he inherits.

Lambert started off looking at 442 with McVeigh and Lappin wide players. He took a flyer with Smith in centre-mid and it proved a master stroke. Smith beside Hughes and later Russell gave the defence extra protection too. But that system only worked to a point. We got a couple of results against poor sides but the game against Walsall proved the point I believe you are making. Walsall got behind the ball and neither Lappin or Mcveigh had the pace to cause them problems.

So the way I see it Lambert looked at a different system where he could use the legs of Smith, the defensive qualities of Hughes or Russell and the guile of Hoolahan. This coupled with the return of everyones least favourite centre back has made us both solid and creative.

But it could be a solid 442 would be more the order when the pitches get heavy after Christmas. And with Whaley seemingly unable to settle or not being good enough a strong pacey right winger in needed. Preferably one who is capable of getting up and down for longer than Mark Rivers could. But that type of player. I believe Martin could do a job on the left and Hoolahan should be up top with Holt.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I''ll never be a Percy, but I''m thus far happy with Lambert and proceedings on the field.I am however a tad concerned about the second half of the season - we will need to change our shape and I personally believe that Lambo should address my concerns by acquiring the services of two out & out wingers with pace.[/quote]

No.. you''ll be forever a Nancy[:O]

Lambert has been forced into managing the players he already had at the club. This is good for the players he inherited because had he have been able to make signings some of them wouldn''t have had the chance to show him properly what they could do. It''s a fact that a manager will give his own signings many more chances than a player he inherits.

Lambert started off looking at 442 with McVeigh and Lappin wide players. He took a flyer with Smith in centre-mid and it proved a master stroke. Smith beside Hughes and later Russell gave the defence extra protection too. But that system only worked to a point. We got a couple of results against poor sides but the game against Walsall proved the point I believe you are making. Walsall got behind the ball and neither Lappin or Mcveigh had the pace to cause them problems.

So the way I see it Lambert looked at a different system where he could use the legs of Smith, the defensive qualities of Hughes or Russell and the guile of Hoolahan. This coupled with the return of everyones least favourite centre back has made us both solid and creative.

But it could be a solid 442 would be more the order when the pitches get heavy after Christmas. And with Whaley seemingly unable to settle or not being good enough a strong pacey right winger in needed. Preferably one who is capable of getting up and down for longer than Mark Rivers could. But that type of player. I believe Martin could do a job on the left and Hoolahan should be up top with Holt.

[/quote]

Good post, great in fact, until you mentioned the preposterous idea of Martin doing a job on the left right at the end there.Half a million quid would surely secure the services of the likes of Adomah - now he can do a job on the left, and even better on the right.Well need wingers of that ilk to get us out of this Division - mark my words, because they''re seldom wrong.

We''ll see. We probably only need one. Croft and Huckerby never really worked did it? Croft-Safri-Etuhu-Huckerby looked great on paper but when we were most succesful in the Champs it was with only one winger. First Rivers and the Hucks.

A winning team = happy supporters. Fact Smile [:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We''ll see. We probably only need one. Croft and Huckerby never really worked did it? Croft-Safri-Etuhu-Huckerby looked great on paper but when we were most succesful in the Champs it was with only one winger. First Rivers and the Hucks.

[/quote]

For me, Huckerby was never an out & out flanker, he would constantly cut inside, much like Hoolahan when fielded on the wing, only Hucks had far more pace. As for Croft, well - the fat fu*ker''s only attribute was to run like a dart with it''s head down with no end result - he was found out all to easily by opposition, as was Huckerby in the same side that always had a lop-sided look to it.Nay, we need two fast & creative wingers to get us out of this Division, Nigella -- trust me, and trust Lambo who hopefully reads & adheres to my posts on this message board.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Although there is still the old regime on the board, I feel that the new lot have a lot more business knowledge and won''t whimper to Delia and MWJ.

Same with Lambert, he has brought the team together and although early doors, I still feel confident, would be nice to be backed up with some serious funds for players and a new owner with serious funds too.

But I feel that we can mount a serious challenge to the top 2 over the coming months, so nice to hear some positive opinions both here and at Carra Rud.

[/quote]

Oh Gawd give me strength. What a load of codswallop.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

Oh Gawd give me strength. What a load of codswallop.

[/quote]

Why?

[quote user="Shyster"]Half a million quid would surely secure the services of the likes of Adomah - now he can do a job on the left, and even better on the right.Well need wingers of that ilk to get us out of this Division - mark my words, because they''re seldom wrong.[/quote]The way you keep banging on about Adomah anyone would think he was the next Ronaldo [;)]You don''t need two pacy wingers to succeed in this division and our recent results bear testament to this fact. You need players with ''legs'' as you will often hear Paul Lambert mention. Players such as Smith, Martin, Russell, Spillane, Holt and even Hoolahan who are willing to put in a real shift and press teams all over the pitch. There''s not a huge difference in footballing ability between your average Championship and League One (and maybe League Two) player but the reason some make it higher than others is down to their decision making. Cut down the time in which these players get to make that decision and more often than not they''ll turn possesion over. Couple that pressing with a little tactical inginuity (the half 4-3-3 half diamond formation we''re playing at the moment), a touch of genuine guile and quality (Hoolahan and on current form Martin) and a 20-25 goal a season striker (Holt) and you won''t be far off come May.Wingers schmingers. This is 2009 not 1979. [:P]