Sign in to follow this  
harrogate canary

Visiting fans at Carrow Road

Hi Eveybody

As i live up north in Harrogate obviously getting to home games isn''t easy but coupled with the current ticket stipulations is damn near impossible . A possible solution to this is the away or visiting supporters at Carrow Road . At the moment they are seated in the Jarrolds Stand , but at least 200-300 seats are eliminated by them being screened off to segregate them from the City fans . l find this situation totally insane when tickets are like gold dust , why not put the away fans into the corner between the River End and the City Stand or in the new infill when its completed and then the Jarrolds stand will be able to be used to its capacity . The other plus point would be that we would warm up in front of the Barclay before the game and the opposition would be down at the quieter River End with their contingent in one of the corners . Sorry its such a boring post , but it ****es me off to see all those potential seats in the Jarrold Stand covered over ! OTBC !

Two Reasons why I don''t think that would work out.1. The corner infill is only going to be around 1,500 seats and we have to give a near 10% of capacity for away fans unfortunatley so another 1,000 odd seats from the Jarrold Stand would still be required to boost it up to around 2,500 and so segregation would be needed still.2. Many people are annoyed that the away fans have to go in the facilities of the new stand but obviously there is nowhere else to put them. Building this corner for the away fans only would annoy people cos you''d want it for the home fans and spending around £3m on facilities for away fans would not be seen as value for money.If a change did occur the direction we play in each half would also change. At the moment usually it Barclay 1st half, N+P 2nd half but with this it would be the other way round (The way we go if we lose the toss) and would have to be adpated to and for some like my mum especially could take time. Guess the atmosphere could be even better.

agree that there seems to be al lot of seats between rival fans in the new stand as in the old stand there was only a line of police and stewards and there is never trouble in the ground now

I see your point Harrogate and agree that it must be very frustrating to see hundreds of empty seats when you can''t get a ticket.  The thing is though all clubs have to have a segregation between home and away fans.  Unfortunately because of modern day football its inevitable.  I''m sure even if we stuck them in the infill there would have to be a few rows of seats wide empty from the city stand  Hopefully City will continue their upward trend, expand the stadium and more fans will be able to get a ticket