Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

The only frustrating thing tonight was...

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Hoolahan! He had a chance to put use 1-0 up could of shot and scored easily from the angle decided to turn and run acroos goal and could of VERY easily scored but sloppily passed it to lappin who hit it at the keeper...[/quote]They both should have scored.

Very frustrating all night..much the same to be said for many players.. the first game ever when ive said by half time that docherty was man of the match....

I totally agree. This is hard to explain, but I find it wierd that he puts himself in some great positions, where there is defiently a shot to be had, but keeps dribbling until he has run out of room and ends up running back, then he will shot from far out in the most inappropriate places. It''s like he always seems to he wants to score the "perfect" goal, the way that some of Arsenal players have played in the past.

Very frustrating.

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No!Hoolahan laid the ball to Lappin on a plate so why not criticise Simon Lappin?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No!

Hoolahan laid the ball to Lappin on a plate so why not criticise Simon Lappin?
[/quote]

Simple. At least Lappin had a go. Hoolahan waited for the player to catch up, just so he could round him.

Hoolahan was the most influential player on the pitch today, unfortunately he was also the most frustrating.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No!Hoolahan laid the ball to Lappin on a plate so why not criticise Simon Lappin? [/quote]

Simple. At least Lappin had a go. Hoolahan waited for the player to catch up, just so he could round him.

Hoolahan was the most influential player on the pitch today, unfortunately he was also the most frustrating.

[/quote]So ''having a go'' absolves you from any criticism? Hoolahan is a frustrating player at times but he provided Lappin with a perfectly presentable chance that any decent player would have buried. Lappin misses and Hoolahan gets all the stick. Sorry but I don''t get it.Your second sentence doesn''t really make any sense. How can you be the most influential player on the pitch and the most frustrating? Surely a frustrating player would be one who has the potential to influence a game but doesn''t?

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No!

[/quote]

[/quote]

So ''having a go'' absolves you from any criticism? Hoolahan is a frustrating player at times but he provided Lappin with a perfectly presentable chance that any decent player would have buried. Lappin misses and Hoolahan gets all the stick. Sorry but I don''t get it.

Your second sentence doesn''t really make any sense. How can you be the most influential player on the pitch and the most frustrating? Surely a frustrating player would be one who has the potential to influence a game but doesn''t?
[/quote]

Maybe it shouldn''t absolve him from any criticism, but that is the reason that more blame was put on Hoolahan. If Hoolahans'' too worried to have a go, then see''s Lappin get all the stick when he misses, what message does that send across? Everybody in the ground was crying out for Wes to shoot at that moment, but he didn''t.

As for my second comment, I don''t see how it doesn''t make any sense? He was the most influential player on the pitch because he was the creative spark in our team. He was key in nearly all of our attacks, he created chance after chance and was always looking for a nice through ball or a clever run. He was the most frustrating player on the pitch because he kept going back, and forward (as he usually does), and refused to shoot or let the ball go early enough. If he could cut that out of his game we''d have an exceptional player.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Hoolahan! He had a chance to put use 1-0 up could of shot and scored easily from the angle decided to turn and run acroos goal and could of VERY easily scored but sloppily passed it to lappin who hit it at the keeper...
[/quote]

idiot!

I was right in front of the Barclay end and yes Hoola should have scored, along with Lappin, but he was stuck on his right foot and had no space. But hey, we won, again Hoola could not be contained and the O''s were in a muddle when he attacked. Good link up with Holt again.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Good link up with Holt again.[/quote]

Yes! This is the big plus for me. I think they are beginning to work so well together. We have to keep playing them. If we do the goals will keep comming.

They are both very clever footballers and know where each other is, what we do need to work on is when Holt pulls wide and Hoola deep, you need Rusty and Smith plus the wingers cutting in and pushing forward to poke the ball in.

Agreed, it''s so frustrating seeing him do a defender, be clear through on goal and then go back to try and do a defender a second, third and sometimes fourth time - if you''re through on goal, you shoot, you don''t play like you would at the park.

On a positive note, Hoolahan looks like he''s setting up a great little partnership with Holty.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So ''having a go'' absolves you from any criticism? Hoolahan is a frustrating player at times but he provided Lappin with a perfectly presentable chance that any decent player would have buried. Lappin misses and Hoolahan gets all the stick. Sorry but I don''t get it.

Your second sentence doesn''t really make any sense. How can you be the most influential player on the pitch and the most frustrating? Surely a frustrating player would be one who has the potential to influence a game but doesn''t?
[/quote]

Maybe it shouldn''t absolve him from any criticism, but that is the reason that more blame was put on Hoolahan. If Hoolahans'' too worried to have a go, then see''s Lappin get all the stick when he misses, what message does that send across? Everybody in the ground was crying out for Wes to shoot at that moment, but he didn''t.

As for my second comment, I don''t see how it doesn''t make any sense? He was the most influential player on the pitch because he was the creative spark in our team. He was key in nearly all of our attacks, he created chance after chance and was always looking for a nice through ball or a clever run. He was the most frustrating player on the pitch because he kept going back, and forward (as he usually does), and refused to shoot or let the ball go early enough. If he could cut that out of his game we''d have an exceptional player.

[/quote]

Sorry but if Hoolahan diesn''t have the confidence in his right foot to take that shot on then I think the best option for him is to lay it off to a team mate. If he had scuffed it with his right foot then people would have moaned about him being one footed.

Your second paragraph seems incredibly harsh to me. I don''t think he held on to the ball too long last night and his refusal to shoot was one incident where he didn''t have the confidence to have a swing with his right foot. He was the best player on the pitch for me by a considerable distance and whilst I agree that he could improve, which presumably is what is frustrating you, if he did he would be highly unlikely to be playing for us!be

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Hoolahan! He had a chance to put use 1-0 up could of shot and scored easily from the angle decided to turn and run acroos goal and could of VERY easily scored but sloppily passed it to lappin who hit it at the keeper...
[/quote]

Sloppily passed it to Lappin???  He played a superb ball into Lappins path, Lappin should have buried it but instead passed it to the keeper.  How you can criticise Hooligan for that is beyond me??

Hoolahan is by far our most dangerous player. He does keep the ball to long which is frustrating but he can also tear teams apart. The reason he didn''t shoot was that he has no right foot. so he had to cut back inside onto his left and then the defence had closed him down so he did the sensible thing which was lay it off. At which point orient closed down Lappin so he couldn''t really score.

Having no right foot as a pro footballer just isn''t acceptable. He should be made to stay behind at training and work for hours on his right foot and get it up to a decent level.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Having no right foot as a pro footballer just isn''t acceptable. He should be made to stay behind at training and work for hours on his right foot and get it up to a decent level.[/quote]

While I agree to an extent... If Hoolahan had a decent right foot, there''s no way on earth he''d be playing for a club in league 1. While I also agree he should have had a shot, after the situation he got himself in, he did the right thing and laid the perfect ball in Lappin''s path for him to absolutely smash it into the net. Which he didn''t. The partnership between Holt and Hoolahan is developing nicely and Smith is pushing up a lot more and his confidence is just growing and growing. With these three and Hughes in beside Smith surely the goals will just keep coming and coming. Fingers crossed [:)]