Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

After spending a good few hours debating whether or not to go...

I am so glad I saw sense in the end!

I have to admit that I was slightly taken aback when I found out that the Doc was starting but fair play to him he did very very well. Hardly any HOOFING or jumping on players backs, he was my MOTM by far tonight.

Rudd- some very good saves, i didnt realise that he had tipped THAT shot onto the bar- save of the night.

Drury- linked up well with Lappin, some good balls into the box, not a lot to do at Left back so got forwards.

Doherty- already covered.

Askou- some good tumbles with the L.O strikers but held his position well. Looks classy.

Spillane- great goal, some great tackles. Hopefully confirmed to Lambert that J.O doesnt always have to play (not a dig at J.O just an observation)

Smith- He hustled and he bustled and finally blew the L.O house down, one of the first names on the team sheet now I''d have thought.

McVeigh-doesnt work with Hoolahan because they are too similar IMO. Only disappointing player last night.

Russell- is this the same guy who was frozen out of the first team [:O], looks far better now. Long may it continue.

Hoolahan- ripped them to pieces, somewhat frustrating but never mind eh? Does whats important by setting up and scoring goals.

Holt- ran his socks off again as usual, helped by Martin coming on. Great goal as well[Y]

Lappin- must improve free kick taking! Good apart from that.

Roll on saturday[:)]

I think Spillane showed what we miss when Otsemobor plays. He might not have the pace that Otsemobor has, but he has a better footballing brain, was solid in defence, can help out in the middle and got forward very well. Otsemobor always seems to look for the right mifielder when he comes forward (Croft last season) or smash a cross in which usually evades everyone. Spillane coming forward kept the ball well and was always looking to bring the ball in to the penalty area and feeding the ball  to Hoolahan and Holt. By doing this it enabled Holt to stay central as he didn''t have to keep looking for the ball deep or out wide. On this form Spillane would be first choice at Right Back for me.

Holt & Hoolahan look to be on the same wavelength, Hoolahan seems to confuse his own team mates at times but Holt looks to have a good understanding of Hoolahans game and vice versa this is what ran rings arround the Orient defence last night, none of them knew what they were going to do next.The 2 of them need to start up front eveery game.