Sign in to follow this  
the stump

spillane

i thought spillane had a very good game last night in place of otsemobor some decent tackles and some good crosses plus a  great goal looked comfortable in that position another

player who is improving all the time i hope he makes it as first choice right back.

For me, he''s a capable player wherever he''s played. Right back, center half or even in central midfield. It''s very encouraging that we have a player who is clearly very versatile and capable of doing all these things very well.

And bloody hell his goal was a scorcher!

Such a pleasant change at RB last night. I think Spillane showed more attacking intent in one game than Otsemobor has in his entire life. Is also a darn lot more solid defensively as well. Hope he can make that position his own.

He played right back in pre-season and I''ve been backing him for the role since. Problem is that we''re stretched at CB so he will keep moving around until we sure up Askou''s partner. I couldn''t go last night but I''m taking Doc''s game in the sun with a pinch of salt. I''m not a hater like many on here but I don''t enjoy watching Doc play...

I think that it''s great that there is competition at RB, which will help both Spillane and Otsemobor. I never understand why some fans get a kick out of writing off City players. At least two players competing at every position is vital.

Probably the best performance I''ve seen from him last night. He''s definitely a better right-back than he is a centreback.

He was done a bit too easily a couple of times at the start of the game but he got stronger as the game went on and capped it off with a lovely goal.

Still not convinced he deals with pace very well or someone who is decent in the air but he''s got time.