Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth Owa

Was I the only one...

Who thought the referee was sending Drury off?

I sit in the Jarrold stand (purely because of the view, not the god awful quietness) and everyone around me saw the ref run over to Drury... Pull out the Red card.... and jump over him.

I really was convinced that he was going for lunging in with 2 feet. Glad he didn''t though :D

Other than that, and the first 10 minutes, great game :D

OTBC 

the fact that drury came off much worse, sugested to me that he was sending off their man.From my dads reaction i knew that it was serious, and he was sure it was red so i was confident it wasn''t drury!

I was sitting with my mate in the Jarrold and thought it was Dury who was going off.   I didnt really see what the Orient player did as I was focused on Drury as he was shaping up for a two foot lunge really early so I was just looking at him.   Think the lino saw what we all saw as well but was over ruled by the ref.  

I saw Drury''s two feet go in, the flag go up for an Orient free-kick and the red card come out. I was convinced he was off and turned away in disgust as everyone around me leapt up (in what initially seemed like anger). It took a good 10-20 seconds for me to realise... [:$](In my defence, the view of it was awful where I sit)

Yep...me too. Drury was a bit fortunate really. From where I was I couldn''t see what Melligan did, but Drury definitely went in 2 footed. The lino was signalling for a foul on Melligan as well but the ref must have thought he had a better view of the incident. It makes a change to have a ref who''s willing to be brave enough to stick to his guns!

Think the difference was that Drury went in along the floor and not raising his foot whereas their lad went in over the ball and raked drurys leg, to me the ref got it spot on like he did with most things last night, thought it was good that he was consistent in the majority of his decisions and i for one wouldnt mind him every week compared to the dross we have been getting

I too thought Drury was in trouble, i was sat right next to the Orient fans in the Jarrold, didn''t see how the Orient lad went in as i was focused on Drury as he shaped up to go in very early, Drury went in very hard with studs showing but i don''t think it was 2 footed or high so when the ref came over with his red card i was up on my fight screaming at the ref not to send him off. To my surprise he walked over Drury and sent off the Orient player

I thought it was Drury who was making the foul, as soon as he got the red out, it was obvious it was for there player, i was amazed thay Drury got back up (like there keeper as well.....) it looked like the both went in with two feet, but there player was just higher....

I have to say I was a little confused, but didn''t think Drury was sent off. The linesman gave a free kick against us... not sure why..

Drury got the ball first and then the challenge came in.

For me it looked dangerous for both, but I think the fact that Drury got the ball first saved his bacon.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Think the difference was that Drury went in along the floor and not raising his foot whereas their lad went in over the ball and raked drurys leg, to me the ref got it spot on like he did with most things last night, thought it was good that he was consistent in the majority of his decisions and i for one wouldnt mind him every week compared to the dross we have been getting[/quote]I honestly thought Drury was off as well.  I think the Orient player was unlucky, it looked to me like he jumped out of the way of Drury, who yes had gone along the ground, but he had gone in strongly with two feet.  However you look at it from that point on Drury should have gone, you just can''t go in with two feet.  I don''t really understand what Adams was getting at on Canary Call last night, because a two footed challenge is a two footed challenge whether you go along the ground or not.

[quote user="B-ru"]

I have to say I was a little confused, but didn''t think Drury was sent off. The linesman gave a free kick against us... not sure why..

For me it looked dangerous for both, but I think the fact that Drury got the ball first saved his bacon.

[/quote]I was watching the lineo, and I''m pretty sure he signalled to the ref that whilst he was waving his flag it was one of those situations where they wave it and then change hands to give it the way they intended.  Therefore he actually gave it our way.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="B-ru"]

[/quote]

I was watching the lineo, and I''m pretty sure he signalled to the ref that whilst he was waving his flag it was one of those situations where they wave it and then change hands to give it the way they intended.  Therefore he actually gave it our way.
[/quote]

This may have been the case ncfcstar, however, when I looked at the lineo, he was definitely indicating against NCFC. That''s why all the Orient players were shouting and talking to him when Melligan was sent off.