Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

Declan Rudd

I think a special mention must go to Declan tonight who looked assured in everything that he had to do, has a massive kick on him and, apologies if this has already been mentioned, but made a wonderful save in the first half when he tipped the ball onto the bar, considering how much the ball was swerving about to be able to get fingertips on it and divert it onto the bar was exceptionalthe question know though who plays saturday? Rudd or Forster?for me has to be Rudd, he is our future and after keeping two clean sheets as such, not counting the penalty, must be kept in the side

Very impressed with the lad. Showed plenty of confidence and I think that is something that quickly spread to the entire back four.

Hope he keeps the shirt for Saturday.

He did look very composed but I was right behind the shot that hit the bar and

I didn''t think he got a touch!

Good performance throughout though!

Thought Wes was immence, best player in this league!

OTBC!

Sorry but I too was right behind the goal and he clearly did touch it and I am pretty sure the ball was going in without it.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]I think a special mention must go to Declan tonight who looked assured in everything that he had to do, has a massive kick on him and, apologies if this has already been mentioned, but made a wonderful save in the first half when he tipped the ball onto the bar, considering how much the ball was swerving about to be able to get fingertips on it and divert it onto the bar was exceptionalthe question know though who plays saturday? Rudd or Forster?for me has to be Rudd, he is our future and after keeping two clean sheets as such, not counting the penalty, must be kept in the side[/quote]Got to agree - Rudd has earnt his place in the squad, even though he had little to do tonight. His kicking is fantastic, seems to get distance and direction on the ball. Finally looks like the youth are coming through!

Looked very assured tonight in everything he did, his kicking was superb, i think he made a wondersave early on tipping a long distance drive onto the bar but can''t be certain whether he got a touch or not.

He and Doherty deserve to keep their places for saturday

His Kicking Was Brilliant, He Got A Good Angle On It A Lot Of the Time, Generally All The Way Up The Field To Drury! Couldn''t Really See His First Half Save From Barclay But It Did Look Like He Tipped It Over! [Y]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Looked very assured tonight in everything he did, his kicking was superb, i think he made a wondersave early on tipping a long distance drive onto the bar but can''t be certain whether he got a touch or not. He and Doherty deserve to keep their places for saturday[/quote]

I said to my Dad I thought he had got fingers onto it. If so, very impressive.

The way I see it, he has now played, what?, 1 and a half games for us in the first team and conceded once. Even that goal was the result of something that happened before he was even introduced.

Supposedly made a cracking save, although I couldn''t tell if he touched it or not, and looked very commanding.

Not only that, but we actually OWN him. Definately in the team for Saturday!

[quote user="Beatle"]

He did look very composed but I was right behind the shot that hit the bar and

I didn''t think he got a touch!

Good performance throughout though!

Thought Wes was immence, best player in this league!

OTBC!

[/quote]

Calm down dear....he''s not even the best Norwich player.

Jermaine Beckford would also have something to say about that too!

What fantastic composure for such a young lad as well. He''s only 18 years old, isn''t he? As somebody said, it''s easy to play in front of 3 and a bit thousand, but to make your debut in front of 23 thousand Norfolk people with such great expectations is something else! He has the makings of a top-notch goalkeeper.

Can''t comment about last night but thought he had a great game at Gillingham on Saturday & did a couple of saves equally as good as anything seen in the Premier or Championship to keep us in the game.It''s a good position to be in to have a choice of a couple of decent young keepers.

Definitely ahs to play Saturday, Forster on the bench. The shirt is there to be lost now. Forster hasn''t shown anything spectacular, Rudd is ours and should be used ahead of loan players taht will return to his parent club come January.

Although it was an easy match in the end for us and he only had a certain amount to do, he did do well when he was asked to too, bossing the defence etc. I would play him ahead of Forster.

Did Rudd tip that shot on to the bar in the 1st half?