Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

This team a must for Saturday!

Excellent game last night and well done to Paul Lambert for giving the players confidence, self - belief, team spirit and a real work ethic. The team for Saturday should be: Rudd, Drury, Docherty, Askou, Spillane, Russell, Smith, Hoolahan, Lappin, Martin, Holt. Well done for bringing in Paul Lambert for which the old guard (Delia etc) should be given no credit whatsoever. At last we have optimism and things are looking much brighter, although we have a long way to go. OTBC

[quote user="First Wizard"]Doc won''t cope with Bristol Rovers pace![/quote]

I agree FW, Doc playeed last night becuase Jarvis and Scumcroft aren''t the quickest of players. Bristol Rovers is a different kettle of fish.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Doc won''t cope with Bristol Rovers pace![/quote]

Which of our centreback options are better equipped to cope with pace?

Don''t worry, I''ll answer it for you...

None of them.

[quote user="Spartan"]Excellent game last night and well done to Paul Lambert for giving the players confidence, self - belief, team spirit and a real work ethic. The team for Saturday should be: Rudd, Drury, Docherty, Askou, Spillane, Russell, Smith, Hoolahan, Lappin, Martin, Holt. Well done for bringing in Paul Lambert for which the old guard (Delia etc) should be given no credit whatsoever. At last we have optimism and things are looking much brighter, although we have a long way to go. OTBC[/quote]

ha ha ha, another Paul Lambert is the new Messiah post. Yes, he''s doing pretty well with the squad that Gunn put together and last night''s 3 points against Orient''s 10 men makes his points tally look more respectable than this time yesterday, but  a word of caution don''t get ahead of yourself just yet. Lambert has now stated that Gunn''s players are good enough for promotion. Therefore, I will judge him at the end of the season. If he succeeds I shall be the first to applaud - both Lambert and also Gunn who had the courage to accept the poisoned chalice, got rid of the dross like Fotheringham and players who didn''t want to wear the shirt, brought in some excellent quality players such as Hughes and Holt, stuck by Hoolahan, gave our youth players their chance (and hope), had the best Norwich pre-season in many a year but had one disastrous result and was stabbed in the back before you could whisper "Scotland the Brave". Och ay, Lambert has started resonably well but I for one  will not forget the contribution that Gunn made and the unjustified unpleasantness of his departure.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="Spartan"]Excellent game last night and well done to Paul Lambert for giving the players confidence, self - belief, team spirit and a real work ethic. The team for Saturday should be: Rudd, Drury, Docherty, Askou, Spillane, Russell, Smith, Hoolahan, Lappin, Martin, Holt. Well done for bringing in Paul Lambert for which the old guard (Delia etc) should be given no credit whatsoever. At last we have optimism and things are looking much brighter, although we have a long way to go. OTBC[/quote]

ha ha ha, another Paul Lambert is the new Messiah post. Yes, he''s doing pretty well with the squad that Gunn put together and last night''s 3 points against Orient''s 10 men makes his points tally look more respectable than this time yesterday, but  a word of caution don''t get ahead of yourself just yet. Lambert has now stated that Gunn''s players are good enough for promotion. Therefore, I will judge him at the end of the season. If he succeeds I shall be the first to applaud - both Lambert and also Gunn who had the courage to accept the poisoned chalice, got rid of the dross like Fotheringham and players who didn''t want to wear the shirt, brought in some excellent quality players such as Hughes and Holt, stuck by Hoolahan, gave our youth players their chance (and hope), had the best Norwich pre-season in many a year but had one disastrous result and was stabbed in the back before you could whisper "Scotland the Brave". Och ay, Lambert has started resonably well but I for one  will not forget the contribution that Gunn made and the unjustified unpleasantness of his departure.

[/quote]

Ha ha - I think that you might be the funniest poster on this forum Bob [:D]

And, if not, you''re certainly the most predictable [:)]

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[/quote]

Yawn, yawn yawn!  Big shame that Gunny couldn''t get his side playing for him whereas Lambert can!

Bob Franklin look at the facts Gunn won 4 games in 20 league matches, the worst manager we''ve ever had, we were 18th, and outside the relegation zone when he took over, and we got relegated because of him, we then suffered the worst home defeat  in yonks on the opening day of the season in the new league we were tipped for promotion in. How can you still back him? Yes he''s brought in a few good players, Holt, Hughes Askou, but the remaining 10 of them are pretty damn average, with the exception of Gill, Maric Theo and Nelson who are just shite.