Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Slightly OT: a good samaritan

Just had a knock at the door, when I opened it there was a woman I didn''t know holding an envelope with my Bristol Rovers ticket!  The address was correct but it had been delivered to her house about a mile away.  She could have just put it back in the post box but she took the trouble to come round and give it to me. 

I guess it shows how good that postal service is eh?

Got lucky there, can it be classed as an omen? That you are meant to go to the game and see us win?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Lucky it wasnt a Binner or you woulda lost that, if I had binmen tickets arrive at my house Id assault the postie ![/quote]or go to the address ring the door and rip up the tickets when they answer and give them some norwich ones to replace them with!

[quote user="Slow The Begger Down"]Do Binners have x-ray eyes to see into the envelope?
[/quote]

It was pretty obvious what it was, the window had my address printed over the club badge!  Makes me wonder if it''s a good idea to make it so easily identifiable.

I did that a few years ago. I received a match ticket in the post and stuck to my envelope was another envelope for an address five minutes down the road. I posted it through their letter box with a note and one of our Capital Canaries business cards.

I didn’t hear anything from him at all.

The final chapter in the story occurred after the away game at Watford last season when we lost 1-2 and Roeder made no subs. I was walking out of Kenton station and saw another City fan walking home with his wife, and they were going in my direction.

We started chatting and after a couple of minutes he mentioned which road in Kenton he lived and I suddenly realised it was him who I had delivered the ticket to and mentioned this to them both.

His wife nudged him and whispered to him (but I heard) telling him off for not having written thanking me. He was really embarrassed as I heard her whisper again that she told him that one day he would bump into me etc etc.