Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

DISGRACEFUL!!!!!!

[quote user="Scooby"]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]so Houston it was Doc and Doc only that brought us down two divisions was it? exactly how many times have you seen us play? if more than a guess a handful you would realise that last year he came in the top 3 in the Player of the season award and has been our most consistent performer the last few years and proved again tonight how vital he could be this season. Nelson, Spillane and Askou dont even come close esp askou who looks like he doesnt know what to do with the ball when he has it apart from lump it 40 yards up the pitch, found his performance tonight very strange
[/quote]

This really is the most bizarre post I have seen for a while.  How many times have you seen us play this year Matt??  It sounds like you were there last night so what were you doing?? Sitting in the lower Barclay?  Askou is without doubt one of our most consistent performers and best players and last night he won everything and I mean everything that came his way whether it was on the ground or in the air.  He is far more comfortable on the ball than any of our other defenders and, as for lumping it 40 yards, where did you get that from??  You can''t have been watching very closely.  Doc played well last night but I would have given MOM to Askou, he was a rock.

[/quote]

Have to agree with most of what you say.

Although it wasn''t a bizarre post, it was just a different opinion in my eyes.

I still don''t rate doc though, he has, what, 1 good game in 10 and now all of a sudden he''s the best thing since sliced bread lol not in my eyes.  He had a good game last night, but how often can we say that in the past?

I think that Lambert deciced to play Doc purely becasue he is better in teh air than Spillane and they didn''t have any quick forwards that Doc & Askou couldn''t handle. Townsend looked good in the first 10 mins, and Spillane kept an eye on him there after, with some help from McVeigh. Choice of team was pruely tactical for me, and the game plan worked. [Y]

People who boo deserve a slap, there will always be players that are scapegoats, crapp or just simply hated, but I will not boo them. Grow up boo boys...

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]People who boo deserve a slap, there will always be players that are scapegoats, crapp or just simply hated, but I will not boo them. Grow up boo boys...[/quote]

Even if we boo an ex-scummer?

[quote user="Longy"]I don''t think it is acceptable to boo any Norwich player before a game, if they have put in an awful performance, fair enough. Then afterwards then they are fair game, but it is just counter productive before a game.
[/quote]

Sorry I don''t think it''s acceptable to boo a player even if they have performed poorly, in fact I can''t really think of any circumstances when it is acceptable to boo a Norwich player, I was even annoyed when Francis was booed in the friendly against Milan.

im pleased for both of them, hopefully they can go on to prove the critics wrong including myself ..

well done jamie and doc ..good show !!!.

no football player deserves being booed ,they play for our team and need our support when things dont go right for them .

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I think it''s pathetic and I''d rather get 20,000 every other week if it meant these idiots didn''t come.[/quote]

Really?  You''d prefer more financial damage to the club that he brought down 2 divisions over him just leaving? That is true team support!

[/quote]What would you know yankee boy?How many times have you been there over the past few seasons?I''m with Bump. The sooner the few thousand hangers on we picked up after out little premiership holiday sod off and go back to going down the pub to watch Man U on a Saturday, the better.They''re an embarressment and their whining/booing poisons the atmosphere.

[quote user="B-ru"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]People who boo deserve a slap, there will always be players that are scapegoats, crapp or just simply hated, but I will not boo them. Grow up boo boys...[/quote]

Even if we boo an ex-scummer?

[/quote]

Sorry meant to say all Norwich players. Scummers and other nobheads will get a lot of booing attention[:D]

[quote user="Rivvo"]

[quote user="Longy"]I don''t think it is acceptable to boo any Norwich player before a game, if they have put in an awful performance, fair enough. Then afterwards then they are fair game, but it is just counter productive before a game.[/quote]

Sorry I don''t think it''s acceptable to boo a player even if they have performed poorly, in fact I can''t really think of any circumstances when it is acceptable to boo a Norwich player, I was even annoyed when Francis was booed in the friendly against Milan.

[/quote]I remember that, I thought it was hilarious that he was booed and then he went close with a shot to a round of applause

There''s a mentality now that says "I''ve paid my money so I can do what I like"

The same sort of people who chuck crisp packets out of their car windows

Moronic behaviour

[quote user="GRIFFTER45"]

I’ve never been a Doc fan and also never a fan of booing but come on guys it was a very easy game for the back four today. Granted he had a good game last night but stick the doc on against a mid to strong side and the comedy of errors will come out in full force.  

[/quote]

Well I doubt Orient were as poor as Wycombe.....

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I think it''s pathetic and I''d rather get 20,000 every other week if it meant these idiots didn''t come.
[/quote]

Really?  You''d prefer more financial damage to the club that he brought down 2 divisions over him just leaving? That is true team support!

[/quote]

What would you know yankee boy?
How many times have you been there over the past few seasons?

I''m with Bump. The sooner the few thousand hangers on we picked up after out little premiership holiday sod off and go back to going down the pub to watch Man U on a Saturday, the better.
They''re an embarressment and their whining/booing poisons the atmosphere.
[/quote]

It''s that kind of attitude you have, turd, that is poison.  Our "little Prem holiday"? Is that what it was to you?  Ridiculous!  Maybe you are happy with being in CCC and League 1, but that is not the NCFC I grew up with.  As for how many games I''ve been to over the past few seasons, it is 100% attendance for games played when I was in England.  What % of games have you attended while being in the area, you cheap nerd?  "Oooh, oi cahn''t affowd to go to the gayme today so OI''ll troi to insult people who are not losers on the Pinkun forum."

"yankee boy"?  Is that supposed to make me feel good or bad, because I like it. Herbal, you even failed in your effort to get mh goat. That is just how out of your league you are when you try to confront me.  Keyboard warriors like you help give soccer the bad name it has in North America.

[quote user="dj"]These are probably the same idiots who were at the Gillingham game on Saturday. The behaviour on Saturday was much worse. The chants of ''you black bastard'' and the middle aged moron behind me shouting ''you fucking nigger'' was particularly offensive. There was also a group of teenagers running about trying to act like hard men. The boy who kicked the door of the refreshment hut at half time and denied it when confronted by the teenage girl who was serving summed up how hard they really are. Middle aged men who were so drunk they could hardly speak and bottles and coins thrown on the pitch, does not in my opinion justify Norwich supporters receiving accolades for their support.[/quote]

I heard the racist stuff aimed at Curtis Weston and Simeon Jackson as well, there were some teenagers about five rows behind me who were the main culprits, it was absolutely disgusting and not something I thought i''d ever hear from City fans. Weston may be a cheating c**t but his race has nothing to do with it. Love the way these idiots can spout such foul rubbish and then cheer Korey or Rusty. To the credit of a lot of fans, many immediately turned around and told them to shut the hell up and I didn''t hear anymore from where I was sitting for the rest of the game, don''t know what it was like near you.

As someone else said, last night was easy for Doc. In another match when someone runs quickly and directly at him, watch the arms come up and pull / push at the attacker and lo, another free-kick / penalty situation leading to a goal to the opposition.

I have no problem him being in a match where we are unlikely to get players running at us but when we do, then everyone will see how he has been the main cause of our descent. Nothing will change my view that if we had have had someone other than Doc at the centre of defence / captain, we wouldn''t have fallen to the level we have now where he can actually look solid when a team comes here to defend, not trry and win the game.

And if you should ask no I won''t boo, I will just ignore him before a mtach.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

It''s that kind of attitude you have, turd, that is poison. Our "little Prem holiday"? Is that what it was to you?  Ridiculous! 

Maybe you are happy with being in CCC and League 1, but that is not the

NCFC I grew up with.  As for how many games I''ve been to over the past

few seasons, it is 100% attendance for games played when I was in

England.  What % of games have you attended while being in the area,

you cheap nerd? [/quote]

Don''t even attempt to question my support, you vile little man. I''m a season ticket holder and attend all the home league games and as many home cup games as possible. I also take my kids when I can since this season, bringing on the next generation of fans. Norwich City fans, born and bred.

As for the Premiership holiday, well that''s exactly what it turned out to be wasn''t it? We could debate the reasons for that till the cows come home, but the fact remains that statistically, a holiday is all it was ever likely to be. Problem is, we picked up a good 2 or 3 thousand attendees (I won''t call them fans, because that isn''t what the word fan means) who think it''s OK to boo their own players before they''ve kicked a ball. They''ve got no right to be there morally in my opinion.

This old "they''ve paid their money they can do what they like" argument is utter b*ll*cks. You don''t go to the opera and start shouting at the performers "what a waste of money, you''re sh*t at this"

"The Norwich City you grew up with"? I don''t know what''s funnier, the fact you think you grew up with them on a different continent, or the fact you think you''ve grown up at all.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]  Keyboard warriors like you help give soccer the bad name it has in North America.[/quote]I''m afraid you may have mistaken me for someone who gives a toss what North America thinks about "soccer"When you can''t even call it the proper name your opinions on it are of little importance to me.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]And this post is the sort of thing that gives freedom of speech a bad name.[/quote]

If people exercise the freedom to boo their own players, then other people can exercise the freedom to criticise them afaic.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

It''s that kind of attitude you have, turd, that is poison. Our "little Prem holiday"? Is that what it was to you?  Ridiculous!  Maybe you are happy with being in CCC and League 1, but that is not the NCFC I grew up with.  As for how many games I''ve been to over the past few seasons, it is 100% attendance for games played when I was in England.  What % of games have you attended while being in the area, you cheap nerd? [/quote]

Don''t even attempt to question my support, you vile little man. I''m a season ticket holder and attend all the home league games and as many home cup games as possible. I also take my kids when I can since this season, bringing on the next generation of fans. Norwich City fans, born and bred.

As for the Premiership holiday, well that''s exactly what it turned out to be wasn''t it? We could debate the reasons for that till the cows come home, but the fact remains that statistically, a holiday is all it was ever likely to be. Problem is, we picked up a good 2 or 3 thousand attendees (I won''t call them fans, because that isn''t what the word fan means) who think it''s OK to boo their own players before they''ve kicked a ball. They''ve got no right to be there morally in my opinion.

This old "they''ve paid their money they can do what they like" argument is utter b*ll*cks. You don''t go to the opera and start shouting at the performers "what a waste of money, you''re sh*t at this"

"The Norwich City you grew up with"? I don''t know what''s funnier, the fact you think you grew up with them on a different continent, or the fact you think you''ve grown up at all.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]  Keyboard warriors like you help give soccer the bad name it has in North America.[/quote]

I''m afraid you may have mistaken me for someone who gives a toss what North America thinks about "soccer"
When you can''t even call it the proper name your opinions on it are of little importance to me.
[/quote]

I think we may actually agree on a point or 2, based on your rant, Herbie. If you think you are a better fan than me, good for you, but I feel the emotions of it as much as, if not more than, you ever have or ever will. I don''t find it acceptable for fans to boo the team befroe the game has even started, but I also don''t find it sane for fans to expect Gary Dorkerty to not screw up in some completely needless way because he does it with such regularity that is cancels out so much of the good he may have done up to that point. Then it unsettles to team. More accurately, now the team is unsettled from the start because they are all worried it will happen again. Or so it seems.

My boys are NCFC fans.  Me and my oldest sit by the computer to watch the updates on the PinkUn game coverage. They have NCFC scarves and hats which they wear on cold days. I have their game room painted green and yellow. My garage is also painted green and yellow inside, which is where we play pool or billiards of snooker or whatever you want to call it.  So I got generation 2 covered as well.

I have been following NCFC as closely as possible since 1972.  I have been to plenty of games over the years when I was in town visiting family, and have worn the team colors over here with pride from then and continue to do so. I have friends who keep up with the team. 

Soccer''s image in N Am may not  matter to you, but it sure does to the people who run FIFA, and they count for a whole lot more than you do in terms of what''s important.  The first World Cup to sell out every game was played here in the US. not bad for a country that considers soccer as its 5th team sport.  There seem to be quite a few NCFC fans on here who are located in the US or Canada, so for you to discount everyone of us is counter productive to getting the Norwich brand more recognition.  Fortunately, you don''t matter to us any  more than you matter to FIFA. 

You don''t boo at the opera?  What a hen pecked numpty you must be if you can''t start a "sing that a capella, Fat lady" chant with your opera mates. As fo my opinion not mattering to you, why did you expend so much energy answering it if it didn''t matter? before you answer that, remove your foot from you mouth.

Cheers, Herb, and we both want to see Bristol sobbing on their way home Saturday.