Sign in to follow this  
Snoots

Another 4-0 vicory, some consolation for Bryan Gunn

There was only 2 players Gunn had bought who were in the starting lineup. There was as many from Glenn Roeder''s reign, shall i start a thresd thanking Glenn for the 4-0?

[quote user="Big Dog "]Bryan Gunn is the WORST manager this club has ever had.

Thank God for McNally and Lambert.

[/quote]

Roeder was worse than Gunn mate - he had more time to sort it out and managing experience, which Gunn didn''t have

I''m saying Roeder was worse as because he had managing experience he should have done much better than Gunn, though neither Gunn, Roeder, or Grant did any better.

Now Lambert''s come we''ve suddenly started improving as he''s got experience - getting wins and managing to score equalisers in injury time. I know it''s still the beginning under Lambert, but why didn''t we play like this under Roeder?

Melissa, let it go! If we are ever in need of a replacement for Raz the clown we''ll ask your Dad to send a CV in.

Seriously though, Gunn did bring in some decent players in Hughes, Holt and Askou. But this isn''t Championship manager when you just buy 12 players on the cheap and hope they perform. You''ve got to be able to manage them and coach them, shine a couple of turds in the process. He was running this club like a youth club! And if I was to guess that''s why people like Russell wanted away at the time because they could see that!

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="I.S."]Wasn''t Yeovil the match where Gunn didn''t pick the team?
[/quote]

Gunn and Butterworth picked the team as usual. Mr Mc Self Important valiantly flew down to the West Country after the Yeovil match to tell Gunn of his sacking. I say valiantly because he seemed pretty pleased with himself for doing that.

[/quote]

Actually spoke to Mr Mc last night outside CR albeit briefly and he comes accross as a very nice guy, honest and not self important at all.

Let''s hope that another club sees Bryan''s obvious superb management and motivational potential and that he will go on to prove all doubters wrong. 

[quote user="paul moy"]Let''s hope that another club sees Bryan''s obvious superb management and motivational potential and that he will go on to prove all doubters wrong. [/quote]

Hopefully will be the next incumbent at Portaloo Road once Keano gets the push!

[quote user="paul moy"]Let''s hope that another club sees Bryan''s obvious superb management and motivational potential and that he will go on to prove all doubters wrong. [/quote]I''m sure our friends down the road will be looking for a manager soon enough...

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

And let''s hope Lambert can spot players and get them to sign for us when his opportunity comes along.

[6]

OTBC

[/quote]Where are Colchester in this league, Bly ?  I don''t think you''ve thought that through really.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="blahblahblah"]I can''t help but feel that you''re missing the point here Bob.  Constantly complaining about Bryans'' dismissal and pointing out all the wonderful things he did like bringing in all the lovely new players that he couldn''t manage will not get him his job back.  Life has moved on, and unless you want to become a very bitter person, I suggest you do too.
[/quote]

Looks like Gunn is responsible for all the good things the squad do (weeks after his dismissal), but Lambert and McNally are responsible when we play badly. Seems fair and reasonable.

Still, I expect Bob has forgotten the Charlton away (and 4 game before that) and Colchester home performances.
[/quote]

By the same token there are a lot more people claiming Gunn was an imbecile and everything good that happens is down to Lambert and McNally.

Gunn made some very good signings this summer and should be given credit for this.

Lambert has come in and got the team performing very well and should be given credit for this.

Do you know what the saddest thing is Bob Franklin, with all this constant posting about how good Bryan Gunn was. You are successfully destroying his reputation by whipping up his detractors and forcing a debate to continue long after it should have been decently laid to rest. Bryan was badly treated by the club with regard to firstly the timing of his appointment and by the nature of his dismissal. Both these events however, in my opinion, helped to maintain his reputation as he left the club. He was still a hero. The truth is though that he was not the manager we needed despite his green and yellow blood.

Now we have to read the posts in response to your constant expressions that everything positive that happens now is not due to the current regime and the players own current motivation, but to the legecy of Bryan. Posts for example which suggest that Bryan should replace Raz the Clown.

Well done my friend. You have singlehandedly brought derision on the reputation of the man you seek to glorify.

[quote user="Big Bob"]There was only 2 players Gunn had bought who were in the starting lineup. There was as many from Glenn Roeder''s reign, shall i start a thresd thanking Glenn for the 4-0?
[/quote]

I know the point you''re trying to make but there was only one Roeder signing in the starting line-up (Wes Hoolahan). Roeder is a complete tw@t, Gunny isn''t and I think it''s a shame people are so personally insulting towards him.

I think there must be, but off the top of my weary brain I cannot think of any player other than Hoolihan who was signed by Roeder who is still at the club.

[quote user="Knock off Nige"]Do you know what the saddest thing is Bob Franklin, with all this constant posting about how good Bryan Gunn was. You are successfully destroying his reputation by whipping up his detractors and forcing a debate to continue long after it should have been decently laid to rest. Bryan was badly treated by the club with regard to firstly the timing of his appointment and by the nature of his dismissal. Both these events however, in my opinion, helped to maintain his reputation as he left the club. He was still a hero. The truth is though that he was not the manager we needed despite his green and yellow blood.

Now we have to read the posts in response to your constant expressions that everything positive that happens now is not due to the current regime and the players own current motivation, but to the legecy of Bryan. Posts for example which suggest that Bryan should replace Raz the Clown.

Well done my friend. You have singlehandedly brought derision on the reputation of the man you seek to glorify.[/quote]Well said.Bob Franklin is a PR disaster.

Interesting to note that 10 outfield players from last night''s 4-0 victory over Orient also featured in the 4-0 victory over Yeovil. Same back four with Hoolahan playing from the start. After cold shouldering Hoolahan for so long, perhaps Lambrusque has finally eaten a slice of humble pie. If so, happy with that because it paid off well. On topic, after losing 6-1 last night, I wonder if Nigel Clough''s job is at risk ?

Yeovil

Norwich: Alnwick, Spillane, Doherty, Askou, Drury, Whaley, Gill, Adeyemi, Hoolahan, Holt, McDonaldSubs: Theoklitos, Lappin (for Drury, 68), Hughes (for Gill, 51), McVeigh, Cureton, Martin, Maric (for McDonald, 85)

Orient

Norwich City - Rudd; Spillane, Doherty, Askou, Drury; McVeigh (Martin, 66 min), Korey Smith, Russell (Hughes, 82 min), Lappin; Hoolahan, Holt (Cureton, 85 min). Subs (not used): Theoklitos, Adeyemi, Daley, McDonald.

[/quote]Nobody ever said Gunn wasn''t a decent Head of Player Recruitment, Bob.  But picking a team isn''t just what a manager does.  There''s tactics, preparation, the team talk, the training routines, the confidence and attitude so they can go out and deliver, and the team spirit to play for each other.  I saw little of that under Gunn - once, in fact, against Barnsley when the post-Roeder euphoria was so strong I suspect I could have managed them for that match and they would still have won.Time to let go, Bob.

Gunn and Butterworth picked the team as usual. Mr Mc Self Important valiantly flew down to the West Country after the Yeovil match to tell Gunn of his sacking. I say valiantly because he seemed pretty pleased with himself for doing that.

[/quote]For the record, I can guarantee you this is not true. At all.

I''ll give credit where it''s due - and that''s to Paul Lambert for getting the team to ultimately do what it should do and win games of football.

I don''t think we would have scored any goals with Matt Gill and Owain Tudor Jones on the pitch.