Sign in to follow this  
Snoots

Another 4-0 vicory, some consolation for Bryan Gunn

Interesting to note that 10 outfield players from last night''s 4-0 victory over Orient also featured in the 4-0 victory over Yeovil. Same back four with Hoolahan playing from the start. After cold shouldering Hoolahan for so long, perhaps Lambrusque has finally eaten a slice of humble pie. If so, happy with that because it paid off well. On topic, after losing 6-1 last night, I wonder if Nigel Clough''s job is at risk ?

Yeovil

Norwich: Alnwick, Spillane, Doherty, Askou, Drury, Whaley, Gill, Adeyemi, Hoolahan, Holt, McDonald
Subs: Theoklitos, Lappin (for Drury, 68), Hughes (for Gill, 51), McVeigh, Cureton, Martin, Maric (for McDonald, 85)

Orient

Norwich City - Rudd; Spillane, Doherty, Askou, Drury; McVeigh (Martin, 66 min), Korey Smith, Russell (Hughes, 82 min), Lappin; Hoolahan, Holt (Cureton, 85 min). Subs (not used): Theoklitos, Adeyemi, Daley, McDonald.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

Interesting to note that 10 outfield players from last night''s 4-0 victory over Orient also featured in the 4-0 victory over Yeovil. Same back four with Hoolahan playing from the start. After cold shouldering Hoolahan for so long, perhaps Lambrusque has finally eaten a slice of humble pie. If so, happy with that because it paid off well. On topic, after losing 6-1 last night, I wonder if Nigel Clough''s job is at risk ?

Yeovil

Norwich: Alnwick, Spillane, Doherty, Askou, Drury, Whaley, Gill, Adeyemi, Hoolahan, Holt, McDonaldSubs: Theoklitos, Lappin (for Drury, 68), Hughes (for Gill, 51), McVeigh, Cureton, Martin, Maric (for McDonald, 85)

Orient

Norwich City - Rudd; Spillane, Doherty, Askou, Drury; McVeigh (Martin, 66 min), Korey Smith, Russell (Hughes, 82 min), Lappin; Hoolahan, Holt (Cureton, 85 min). Subs (not used): Theoklitos, Adeyemi, Daley, McDonald.

[/quote]YAWN, get a life Melissa.

Yeovil

Norwich: Alnwick, Spillane, Doherty, Askou, Drury, Whaley, Gill, Adeyemi, Hoolahan, Holt, McDonald
Subs: Theoklitos, Lappin (for Drury, 68), Hughes (for Gill, 51), McVeigh, Cureton, Martin, Maric (for McDonald, 85)

Orient

[/quote]

I don''t think Lambert is eating humble pie at all.

At the time Hoolahan wasn''t performing and therefore wasn''t worthy of a place in the team, that''s Lambert''s job and I think those who masterbate about Wes Hoolahan need to understand this!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]You can get help.  But it will be expensive.[/quote]

Good one.

[/quote]Many thanks - can I just ask, were you a Norwich fan before Bryan became boss ?  And do you think you can become a Norwich fan again now that he is not ?

[quote user="I.S."]Wasn''t Yeovil the match where Gunn didn''t pick the team?
[/quote]

Gunn and Butterworth picked the team as usual. Mr Mc Self Important valiantly flew down to the West Country after the Yeovil match to tell Gunn of his sacking. I say valiantly because he seemed pretty pleased with himself for doing that.

[quote user="I.S."]Wasn''t Yeovil the match where Gunn didn''t pick the team?[/quote]

Gunn and Butterworth picked the team as usual. Mr Mc Self Important valiantly flew down to the West Country after the Yeovil match to tell Gunn of his sacking. I say valiantly because he seemed pretty pleased with himself for doing that.

[/quote]So would I, because he knew he was making the right decision.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]You can get help.  But it will be expensive.
[/quote]

Good one.

[/quote]

Many thanks - can I just ask, were you a Norwich fan before Bryan became boss ?  And do you think you can become a Norwich fan again now that he is not ?
[/quote]

I understand that you are one of the ever presents on here and that as such you feel the need to insult and deride another poster with whom you don''t agree. No problem. Carry on.

[quote user="I.S."]Wasn''t Yeovil the match where Gunn didn''t pick the team?[/quote]

[/quote][|-)]

I agree that Gunn deserves credit for building a solid team of players, but would also like to commend the way Lambert has avoided the supposed ''freezing out'' of players like Russell, Hoolahan and Doherty, all of whom have a role to play if City are to push on for promotion. It will also be interesting to see what happens with whaley if he comes back from loan soon. OTBC!

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]You can get help.  But it will be expensive.
[/quote]

Good one.

[/quote]

Many thanks - can I just ask, were you a Norwich fan before Bryan became boss ?  And do you think you can become a Norwich fan again now that he is not ?
[/quote]

I understand that you are one of the ever presents on here and that as such you feel the need to insult and deride another poster with whom you don''t agree. No problem. Carry on.

[/quote]

Fact is though Bob the question has to be asked.

Equally are you or anyone of the same view as you going to post after every win a ''Credit Gunn'' thread?

Are you going to dish out praise to Nigel Worthington for signing Adam Drury, part of the team that won 4-0 last night?

I can''t help but feel that you''re missing the point here Bob.  Constantly complaining about Bryans'' dismissal and pointing out all the wonderful things he did like bringing in all the lovely new players that he couldn''t manage will not get him his job back.  Life has moved on, and unless you want to become a very bitter person, I suggest you do too.

Yeovil

Orient

[/quote]

Interestingly though, 5 of that starting line up weren''t involved last night, read into that what you will.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I can''t help but feel that you''re missing the point here Bob.  Constantly complaining about Bryans'' dismissal and pointing out all the wonderful things he did like bringing in all the lovely new players that he couldn''t manage will not get him his job back.  Life has moved on, and unless you want to become a very bitter person, I suggest you do too.[/quote]Looks like Gunn is responsible for all the good things the squad do (weeks after his dismissal), but Lambert and McNally are responsible when we play badly. Seems fair and reasonable.Still, I expect Bob has forgotten the Charlton away (and 4 game before that) and Colchester home performances.

Yeovil

Norwich: Alnwick, Spillane, Doherty, Askou, Drury, Whaley, Gill, Adeyemi, Hoolahan, Holt, McDonaldSubs: Theoklitos, Lappin (for Drury, 68), Hughes (for Gill, 51), McVeigh, Cureton, Martin, Maric (for McDonald, 85)

Orient

[/quote]Are you eyeing up the managers post at Derby Bryan?    I have to be honest with you, I would aim lower if I was you Bryan, a hell of a lot lower.   

Of course, Lambert is now talking about promotion so it seems pretty clear that now he has actually taken time to appraise the squad and eat some pride, he is confident that the players he "inherited" from Gunn do have what it takes to get into the play-offs at least. 

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

Yeovil

Orient

[/quote]

Are you eyeing up the managers post at Derby Bryan?   

I have to be honest with you, I would aim lower if I was you Bryan, a hell of a lot lower.   
[/quote]

Yep, and it wouldn''t be so far to travel either - only 40 miles [:D]

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]Of course, Lambert is now talking about promotion so it seems pretty clear that now he has actually taken time to appraise the squad and eat some pride, he is confident that the players he "inherited" from Gunn do have what it takes to get into the play-offs at least. [/quote]We all know that Doherty, Hoolihan, Russell, Drury etc are capable of performing at championship level, let along league 1.  It was Gunns'' inability to turn arguably talented players into a consistent, winning team ( a team that didn''t let goals in would have been a start) that was his downfall.  Mack the knife knows what a manager should be doing in training aswell - it was clear that what should have been happening wasn''t happening.  I don''t care if you have Ronaldo in the team, if he is not training properly, he''ll look like a scuffer for Accrington Stanley.I kind of know what this like for you Bob - Nutty nigel and I stood up for Worthington when everyone wanted rid of him.  You have to let it go now [:)]...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]Of course, Lambert is now talking about promotion so it seems pretty clear that now he has actually taken time to appraise the squad and eat some pride, he is confident that the players he "inherited" from Gunn do have what it takes to get into the play-offs at least. [/quote]

We all know that Doherty, Hoolihan, Russell, Drury etc are capable of performing at championship level, let along league 1.  It was Gunns'' inability to turn arguably talented players into a consistent, winning team ( a team that didn''t let goals in would have been a start) that was his downfall.  Mack the knife knows what a manager should be doing in training aswell - it was clear that what should have been happening wasn''t happening.  I don''t care if you have Ronaldo in the team, if he is not training properly, he''ll look like a scuffer for Accrington Stanley.

I kind of know what this like for you Bob - Nutty nigel and I stood up for Worthington when everyone wanted rid of him.  You have to let it go now [:)]...
[/quote]

Blah x 3 yes it is indeed good that you have to know when to move on and let it go and Bob is becoming a bit tiresome.However this view seems to have fallen on deaf ears as far as Nutty is concerned.

.....I''m sure Bryan was thrilled Bob........just as I will be when he gets a new managerial post somewhere else....there''s Birthdays, Athena and HMV, they all sell posters as that was truly what he was good at, putting them up.Bob - what do you think to renaming the Gunn Club to Pauls Bar? (because Lambo is certainly raising it).

Yeovil

Orient

[/quote]

Did you notice Mellissa, that Lambo actually gave the first sub more than 5 minutes to make an impact? no of course you didn''t..............now give it dear!!

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]Of course, Lambert is now talking about promotion so it seems pretty clear that now he has actually taken time to appraise the squad and eat some pride, he is confident that the players he "inherited" from Gunn do have what it takes to get into the play-offs at least. [/quote]

The players that Gunn signed do have the potential, I think that is correct - but I don''t think that he had a clue to organise them on the pitch which is, unfortunately, the job of a manager.

Honestly Bob, either you''re Bryan Gunn or you''re mental?![:D]  

Yeovil

Orient

[/quote]

Why don''t you give it a rest Melissa. Lambert is twice the manager Gunn would or will ever be.

Gunns appointment was totally misguided.

It reeked of desperation, appoining someone just because they were there and popular.

I found the whole "understanding Norfolk" thing patronising and cringeworthy.

What this club needed was an injection of professionalism at board level, and with our new Chairman and Chief Exec it looks like we have finally go it.

For too long the club has bumbled along with well meaning but incompetent people in charge.

I dont care where they come from but give me effective operators over the cloying sentimental approach every time.

Still love Gunny for all the right reasons as a man and a footballer.